• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

poison ivy............

for chiggers rince with listerine- it releaves the itch. fingernail polish each bite.
i got attacked real bad a 1.5months ago...

Tip from the Pro:

While in the shower, expose the areas to the HOTTEST water possible, not the hottest you can stand, the hottest POSSIBLE - crank the water heater up if necessary. Outside of the shower, when you get that itch, grab some ice cubes and rub on the infected area.

Do not take a Hot shower to try and wash off poison ivy... This will only result in the pores opening up and absorbing more of the oil. Hot showers work great once your confident the oil has been washed off.

Do not take a Hot shower to try and wash off poison ivy... This will only result in the pores opening up and absorbing more of the oil. Hot showers work great once your confident the oil has been washed off.
Once that oil is gone... oh my god. Its like a skingasm. I'll keep the water concentrated on a spot, and slowly turn up the heat... bit.. by... bit. All the way until I can't stand it anymore, until it isn't possible for me to keep it in contact with my skin, and have to yank it away. But the itch is gone from that spot for at least six hours.

Something to do with overriding the nerve endings - certain feelings take priority. Once you've damn near given yourself burns, it stops giving a damn about transmitting the itchy feel for a while.

Yep, been battling a case of it all over my arms for the last 2 weeks.

Mine seems to flare up at night or as soon as I break a sweat outside.

the sooner you can break down the oils the better. some old timers soak a rag in gasoline and wipe down if they know they've been in it. Seems a bit harsh but apparently it works.

a little bottle of dish detergent tucked away in your bag would do the trick though.

the sooner you can break down the oils the better. some old timers soak a rag in gasoline and wipe down if they know they've been in it. Seems a bit harsh but apparently it works.

a little bottle of dish detergent tucked away in your bag would do the trick though.

Nice suggestion. I get it all of the time. Maybe i should start doin that.

The picture of the guy who had it all on his arm grossed me out, but it reminded me of the trip to Harrisburg last year where at Camp Hill, I had to dive in the Condoguinet to retrieve my best driver (I had already lost one earlier that day) and came out a day later with the oozing stuff all over both my arms and both my thighs. Had to get a shot and miss a day and a half of work plus a new pair of expensive tan khakis but was back at the sport the very next week. I had cat scratch fever like you wouldn't believe...

I got into it on Sunday, luckily after busting all the blisters, rough scrubbing with bleach, cold showers to rinse the oozing off, washing it with astringent, letting it air dry, and greasing it down with hydrocortisone several times a day...I think it is starting to scab over and go away. :gross: Gotta love the green stuff!!!

i've given up on discs before even looking for them because i know there's PI where it landed...at least 2 this season alone

I never give up on the disc. If you know where it landed go for it. After the round if you scrub in the shower really well, you're washing the oil off anyways and there's only a slight chance that you will recieve a rash from it. At least this is my case. I got it REALLY bad one time...all over the legs, the manhood, and arms, and stomach.

I have some now, but it's only on the ankles and a little patch on my forearm

Ive got posion ivy again! This time it just above my sock line. Ahhhh... I pretty sure I got it at Fallasberg. Sgamerp, I blame you!! Just kidding.

Biz
Team Bert
Poison Ivy Hater

I just got over a really bad case of PI. Technu extreme and soaking in a tub of epsom salt dried it up in a handful of days.

The picture of the guy who had it all on his arm grossed me out, but it reminded me of the trip to Harrisburg last year where at Camp Hill, I had to dive in the Condoguinet to retrieve my best driver (I had already lost one earlier that day) and came out a day later with the oozing stuff all over both my arms and both my thighs. Had to get a shot and miss a day and a half of work plus a new pair of expensive tan khakis but was back at the sport the very next week. I had cat scratch fever like you wouldn't believe...

lol - that is where I get all of my poison ivy too!

Here in Georgia, we have all three poison plants: Ivy, Oak, and Sumac. I got into some Sumac a few years back and it was hell. Nothing seemed to work. I took steroids and used whatever topical solutions that I could find.

I don't know which was worse, the poison sumac or the time I got into a bunch of chiggers. I literally had over 25 chigger bites on one leg and about 10-15 on the other. Those bites itch for 1-2 weeks before they slowly fade away. Even if you don't scratch them, the bites will sometimes leave permanent marks.
QUOTE]

I found a bunch of chiggers sunday...atleast 12 on my left leg...4 right around the ankle. 1 on my right...but it's right on top of my foot by my pinkie toe. Makes shoes a BIATCH. And before you ask...I was wearing keens and shorts...I'd never had a problem out there before...And I think some might have migrated back with me...I keep getting one or two new ones every night...everything around my bedroom is going in a hot wash.

for chiggers rince with listerine- it releaves the itch. fingernail polish each bite.
i got attacked real bad a 1.5months ago...

I've just been draining each bite, throwing on some neosporin + pain relief, and maybe a dab of hydrocortisone. Most of 'em stopped itching, or only itch a few times a day now....they SUCK. First time i've ever got 'em.

Latest posts