• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Newton Hill, Worcester MA.
Hole 2

Pic from near basket towards tee. It was early in the morning (around 7:00) after thunderstorms passed through the night.

IMG_20120724_070244.jpg

Hole 2

Pic from near basket towards tee. It was early in the morning (around 7:00) after thunderstorms passed through the night.

Very nice. I haven't played there yet. I'm still fairly new, so I limit myself to West Thompson Lake and Borderland until I get better control.

That's called a Black Ace Special.

Those who know the course know what I mean! :eek:

So have you ever hit one (a black ace) on this hole? That's pretty funny! I guess that you wouldn't be left with too bad of an approach to the longer position. :D

Hole 2

Very nice.

I agree! When we're on vacation I get up super early to play so that I can be back at our hotel by the time the rest of the family is getting up. It's a pain sometimes. But your picture is a perfect example of why it's always worth it. I love being out on the course when it's calm and quite and you get to see things like this. Thanks for posting!

So have you ever hit one (a black ace) on this hole? That's pretty funny! I guess that you wouldn't be left with too bad of an approach to the longer position. :D

Nope, but ran one by there about a foot or two from the chains once, going down the hill for the longs. Not an impressive shot, but almost an impressive oops.

The Final day of the World's is done. I got to Hornet's Nest early to get a premium parking spot and relax before the day started.

Towards the end of the day the crowds of spectators were getting bigger and after McBeth wins and I'm done for the day I head back to my truck...

McCabe.jpg

I had to take a pic and get his autograph...

Anyone else notice there's either a ghost right above Emac, or the girl has some sort of weird disappearing arm trick.

Very nice. I haven't played there yet. I'm still fairly new, so I limit myself to West Thompson Lake and Borderland until I get better control.

Newton Hill is a pretty forgiving course for beginners. There is a very low amount of undergrowth so even an errant throw won't be too hard to find.

I like West Thompson too, except I just can't figure out how to conquer Hole 10. :doh:

228be866.jpg

This isn't on the course but on the way back from the course. A plane had to land on the frontage road just south of burleson on 35w. Everybody was ok but pretty freaky.

I've posted this in 2 other places, extreme courses and shared in the PIF social thread (this is my way of padding my post count ;))
This is a private course near Conifer/Pine that is unplayable for at least the next 2 years while the owners are away. It was posted on FB on one of the local clubs pages.. it was such a bad ass hole I felt the need to share it.
524318_385497521504149_1795067226_n.jpg

I've posted this in 2 other places, extreme courses and shared in the PIF social thread (this is my way of padding my post count ;))
This is a private course near Conifer/Pine that is unplayable for at least the next 2 years while the owners are away. It was posted on FB on one of the local clubs pages.. it was such a bad ass hole I felt the need to share it.
524318_385497521504149_1795067226_n.jpg

That looks amazing. Wow. Dont step off the front of that teepad.

That looks incredible, I've always loved hiking and camping in terrain like that, throwing discs there would be a blast.

Embshoff Woods in Cincinnati, OH

A couple more pics that I like from my trip to KY and OH last weekend. These are all from Embshoff Woods, a fun old nine.

Basket #5 showing some signs of the years. Several baskets welds have given up and part of the chain assembly is bent. And yes, it really is sitting in a 6' circle of black-top, only about 6-8" off of the ground. Interesting...
picture.php

I am absolutely NOT a fan of marking up baskets, but wanted to post this. At least it is on the back of the number plate... and if it's original, the date on Larry's ace is 1983! I was still in high-school.
picture.php

This is basket #8 with the fog still not totally lifted from the course. That's hole #6, I think, in the background.
picture.php

Latest posts