• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

I'm not a fan because it is too much of a judgement call on the long putt if it hits or not. Plus, the sounds of the chains is one of the best parts of the game.

I don't know, loud ones like these are very easy to hear if you hit it or not, but I guess it's all a matter of peoples taste.

HBMorningDGPic1-6-12.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
HBDGC - Hole 4 Huntington Beach, CA

What do you guys think about pics from courses with tonepoles instead of baskets?

azCH5Ui.jpg

This one is from a private course in Salmon, ID.

I'd play a milk-crate course in Salmon, ID. That's simply some of the most gorgeous landscape in the country-- would love to get back to the Sawtooth NRA!

I've never played on a loud one before, so it may not be as bad as I would imagine.

Good loud tonepoles are a thing of beauty. The best ones I've seen were made by one of our local golfers "Chainsaw", and are affectionatly called "Chainsaw tones". They are so loud and clear, that I once hit an ace on one, and it was still vibrating and ringing slightly by the time I got up to it.

I have no issue with tonepoles, playing them or seeing them in pictures of cool disc golf scenery. Keep 'em coming. :)

440 foot hole, accidentally threw 560 (okay, I was just cranking one out for the camera but still threw it a bit too far. Elevation change between tee pad and ground where the basket is located, 15 feet.

1010040_648903731804627_1544574028_n.jpg

922700_648902931804707_1328690428_n.jpg

Boom!

Nockamixon

First time playing Nockamixon. I couldn't help but to snap a few pictures.

Attachments

• DG 2.jpg
    DG 2.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 134
  • DG 3.jpg
    DG 3.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 135
This is totally different.

I'm a fine art photographer (art fairs, galleries and so forth) and being very new to this sport/obsession I'm not seeing a lot of "art". Lots of great photos but I strive for something totally different. A work in progress.

Not having any of my own photos yet I grabbed one from this site just to experiment.

disc1small.jpg

My normal site is RodMelotte.com Just so you know where I'm coming from. I hope I did not break any rules - just let me know!!

This is totally different.

I'm a fine art photographer (art fairs, galleries and so forth) and being very new to this sport/obsession I'm not seeing a lot of "art". Lots of great photos but I strive for something totally different. A work in progress.

Not having any of my own photos yet I grabbed one from this site just to experiment.

disc1small.jpg

My normal site is RodMelotte.com Just so you know where I'm coming from. I hope I did not break any rules - just let me know!!

I would say it's a good idea to still credit the original photographer if you are going to use someone elses photo. But if you wanted to play around with some photos I'm sure I've got a few that you would enjoy.

Yea, it was a guy in the technique forum. I'll look him up.

Credit goes to Nihilist.

Been to disgolfporm some very good shots. Can't have people in shots though unless I get a model release.

Last edited:

How's this for a cool disc golf photo. I have 3 bags of discs in the back, just got done playing with my son and his friend, where my son shot his personal best +4 at Arrowhead Park in Wilmington. I shot a -4. SO other than the wreck it was a pretty good day

from the 2013 VIP DGCR Idlewild Trip:

945219_10151665984492497_50787190_n.jpg

From left to right: sgamerp, mjoyce, blazer lazer... Arocep... bpierce08, guywithsgamerp, bbutch

Behind the camera is HarkeyPuck.

Love the shots. Course will probably end up on the wish list based just upon your pics!

It was amazing. Hands down the best course I have played. You'll get to some of the tee pads and just stop for 5 minutes to just really take it in. Litereally the only thing that course is missing is multiple teepads. But thats not really a big deal if your not from the area and aren't playing it regulary.

Good loud tonepoles are a thing of beauty. The best ones I've seen were made by one of our local golfers "Chainsaw", and are affectionatly called "Chainsaw tones". They are so loud and clear, that I once hit an ace on one, and it was still vibrating and ringing slightly by the time I got up to it.

I'd be really interested in getting in touch with this guy to talk about exactly how he builds them. I've researched them online, but tonepoles seem to be a really grassroots sorta thing without much spec standards. My main trouble is figuring out the best way to attach the pole to the post while keeping a good "gong".

Latest posts