• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

If this meant to be sarcastic - stop reading. Otherwise:

I've spent a lot of time in the woods hiking and hunting. And have seen many Black and Grizzly bears and never once felt my life was in danger. Real numbers are hard to come by but general only 1-2 people get killed by bears in US. I'm far more worried about being killed by humans.

Generally true. Like most animals, bears don't want to mess with humans. But if a mama bear feels her cubs are threatened, then get outta there. There are also some situations when a bear is acting abnormally, such as circling a human campsite in a wide circle, and that's a clue to err on the side of safety and find someplace else to be.

Mmmmmmm Maple Hill

picture.php

water rescue

Attachments

• inthewater.jpg
    inthewater.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 126
Near Miss!!!

The last ice storm, and subsequent wind, took its toll on some trees on KMDGC. This one is a "cool" picture because the big, bowed, tree missed basket #12 by just 8'. It was that close to squashing the basket! The shorter, big, tree on the ground is one that the top fell out of last year and actually hit the basket. Fortunately, it just caught the chain support a little and I was able to bend the basket back in shape. I took the rest of that tree down since the basket was still in harm's way.

I'm also posting a thread in the not cool photo thread shortly for a similar issue.

picture.php

The last ice storm, and subsequent wind, took its toll on some trees on KMDGC. This one is a "cool" picture because the big, bowed, tree missed basket #12 by just 8'. It was that close to squashing the basket! The shorter, big, tree on the ground is one that the top fell out of last year and actually hit the basket. Fortunately, it just caught the chain support a little and I was able to bend the basket back in shape. I took the rest of that tree down since the basket was still in harm's way.

I'm also posting a thread in the not cool photo thread shortly for a similar issue.
There you go again posting pics of those baskets in the wrong thread...

...I guess I have to promise to buy you new ones again if I win the lottery tonight...:p:D

This was an interesting result from a putt today. My playing partner said, "I'm gonna knock it out of there," hit his putt and mine stayed. He retrieved his disc. Then I decided to take the picture.

Looks like an action shot but I can assure you the disc remained stationary til I removed it. The dog; he doesn't remain stationary very often.

Attachments

• CA760254-E04F-4A21-93ED-A09515E3BFD9.jpg
    CA760254-E04F-4A21-93ED-A09515E3BFD9.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 186
This was an interesting result from a putt today. My playing partner said, "I'm gonna knock it out of there," hit his putt and mine stayed. He retrieved his disc. Then I decided to take the picture.

Looks like an action shot but I can assure you the disc remained stationary til I removed it. The dog; he doesn't remain stationary very often.

Cool dog.

Winter round. Good exercise shoveling 9 pads. :\

Attachments

• F3C19B7B-E145-41F4-AD59-E79D8E1C2E30.jpg
    F3C19B7B-E145-41F4-AD59-E79D8E1C2E30.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 8479944E-EEBB-4A93-AF70-5E5A9DA846B9.jpg
    8479944E-EEBB-4A93-AF70-5E5A9DA846B9.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 98
  • F91FF868-A7A1-4578-9E14-F92180D9A518.jpg
    F91FF868-A7A1-4578-9E14-F92180D9A518.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 92
This doesn't happen everyday.
Weekly it does...:p

:D

Good season for skips.;)

Attachments

• 2A092835-A22C-41CA-B351-8F8F194E5DDB.jpg
    2A092835-A22C-41CA-B351-8F8F194E5DDB.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 2F8EE5F3-15A6-41E1-9D32-20FE51167D88.jpg
    2F8EE5F3-15A6-41E1-9D32-20FE51167D88.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 87
15ov3p3.jpg
97qql2.jpg

(It is a fuzion Judge, I think DD spell fusion with Z )

No dorky pic thread

I Committed a huge violation and walked off with a buddies thrower prime Judge from a course a couple days ago. Dropped it off to another friend to get it to him in grocery bag along with a sorry gift. Too much free time at work lead to inking his info, glow tape in his style, and label maker strangeness. Surely too much coffee.

Dang pretty disc it is

Last edited:
When ribbons interfere with the game

No winter golf here without ribbons. This one hit high and fell through the tree and got snagged! Same hole, different day as the previous picture20180113_160749.jpg

Al

Object course in Fish Creek Provincial Park. Typical snow depth is about 3ft as of last week, this was a big drift that i dropped through past a log on the way down. Yikes!

Gotta love those Canadian snow drifts.

Reminds me of the time I was skiing at Panorama in BC with 3 friends. We ventured off piste and were shredding the glades until the gal in the lead caused a chain reaction crash. We were all laughing that she took us all out from the front. Once our composure was regained we tried to get back up only to realize the snow was deeper than our arms so there was nothing to push off of to get up. Of course this lead to another round of laughter. Took a good half hour for us all to get up, get our skis back on and continue down the hill. Needless to say we avoided those glades for the rest of the week.

Latest posts