• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a NOT cool disc golf photo

A friend sent me this photo on Saturday. I was thinking okay... Then I noticed the copperhead making its' way through the shoulder straps. This was taken at East Clayton DGC on hole #2. I played the course Sunday and couldn't find the fella.

Now that's an awesome zipper pull.

I knew bears climb trees... but the underlined.
I mean, that pic seems bizarrely out of place.

I agree. As far as I know, they don't drag their food up a tree to eat it... like a leopard does so the lions won't steal it. just wondering what COULD or would drag a moose up a tree???

I wonder if that is one of the places up north that gets meters of snow, that doesn't melt till spring and that moose just happened to die next to that tree?...
Can anyone think of a more likely explanation?

Moose was distraught over forlorn relationship, threw a rope over a branch and hung itself?

Herd of moose were playing hide and seek, and Bullwinkle here decides to hide in a tree, but couldn't climb down?

Borris & Natasha did him in, and wanted to make a public display to show Rocky they were serious?

Aliens?

:confused:

Last edited:
Here's a leopard putting a zebra up a tree.

https://youtu.be/REDv-PjhQ2Q?t=66

I am glad there are no leopards in Louisiana. But we know Leopards do it out necessity. It would be cool to see a leopard take down a small Zebra. Never seen footage of one taking down a full grown zebra though. I have seen 3 full grown female Lions take down an adult Zebra. Not sure, but I think a Moose weighs more than a Zebra? Anyways, it IS ok to say that we just can't be sure. Cool mystery. The old"Moose in the tree trick".

Mountain Lions do that, I believe. I haven't heard of bears doing so, but don't know for sure.

Yes, Mountain Lions are known to cache full sized deer in trees. Must have been a pretty big cat to drag a Moose though.

The old"Moose in the tree trick".
Somehow, I initially read this as, 'The old "Moose in the tree kick"'

Taking a kick off this:
attachment.php

...not your typical reason for a bad lie.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think people is the most likely answer, by a mile. Someone found the old bones and hung them in the tree. Mystery solved.

A mountain lion could have came across a moose carcass and stashed what was left. That right angle cut on the far right side looks suspicious though. Do people hunt moose around there?

I'm not a scientist, but I did a little time as a docent at Brookfield Zoo. I'm pretty sure a mountain lion would have cached a kill on a limb and not below it. Also the 6-7 large bare dangling rib bones with the moss growing on them don't look right. The shape and length of those bones are funky. It seems to me that rib bones would taper from thick to thin coming off the animals center line and those "bones" are opposite. They are shaped like baseball bats, narrow near the animal's core/center line and getting fatter away from the center line. Also.... heheh… whats with the ankle shaped bend in those bones and what the hell are they attached to?

Arena WI

20180707_125955.jpg

20180707_130442.jpg

can't figure how to edit to proper profile...….:wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
those liberty baskets are stocked with the worst locking design; you end up with ^. i fixed ours by using 2" galvinzed steel pipe.

Stream is typically 2-3' wide, now about 60' wide and raging! 3 baskets washed downstream were recovered.
37810553_10215519969488305_1657597586569166848_n.jpg