• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Photos of Your Disc Golf Bag

I gotta remember this thread when my new plastic comes in. I saw a pic of my purple Opto Vision that's on the way. It's slick.

This is my bag and a few disc that i use on a regular basis. I've gotten a few new disc today. i got 1 white and 1 blue Nuke. I got a champion purple Am world Championship 2010 Katana today. [/ATTACH]
I got a new red soft Voodoo putter and a 2nd orange Mako 180. I also got a purple champion tee bird. it was a good day.

Attachments

• P1040044.jpg
    P1040044.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 94
Top disc-Champion Starfire
1st full row top- XL, Surge, Avenger, Orc
2nd row-Destroyer, Sindwinder, Valk, Valk
3rd row-Wraith, Wraith, Wraith, X out Katana
4th row-Katana, Star Boss, Champ Boss, Champ Beast
5th row-Stalker, Hawk, Buzzz, Mako
6th row-Magnet, Innova mini, Rhyno

just to see if i could... heres 25 discs in a fade bag
6 putters 6 mids 13dr, usable...but full - i carry half that...

67msdv.jpg

trying to decide what i want for zipper pulls, fades looked cheap/simple/noisy...
i have a handful of leather string? that i hope on braiding... or somethin - undecided
wanna make one side a set of birdie beads...

a8k9d.jpg

an easy towel clip- reattachin is easy, yanks off in a hurry so its not "tied" down
313tahk.jpg

some other minor things to come... got some great ideas for bigger mods... but not this week

post #1

Phew here goes. Post #1.
Just started disc golf in December (currently in MA - yes it was cold+snowy)

Immediately fell in love with the game. I started with a simple discraft starter set and added a Stalker driver. (I started playing Discraft because other people who got me started throw mostly Innova - Figured it was a good way to keep things separate.) Also started with a tiny bag that held like 5 discs.

Then, like most noobs :clap::clap:, I got some money together and decided to justify getting a collection. However, I do understand the merits of building up a collection and getting better at certain techniques rather than relying on a million discs when starting out.

I went with 12 discs (total, including the ones I had before). My thought was to get discs that range in stableness, and to buy things in a few different plastics. This way over time I could learn the feel of the plastics and how to reign in on the different stabilities. For my two favorite discs at the time (Buzzz and Stalker), I decided to get an extra of each. For the Buzzz, I now have a Pro D and a Z one; for the stalker I have 2 Z ones, but in different weights so I can learn more about the differences. My Pro D Buzz and XL are already getting beat up, and are turning into great S-curve discs (right then left).

Plus I shelled out for a Dual Pack Lite. I like the look and feel quite a bit and seems to suit my needs.

So the collection is
Predator (FLX)
XL (Z) 1.7
XL (Pro D) 0
2x Stalker (one heavier)
Avenger SS (Z)
Drone (FLX)
Wasp (X)
Buzzz (Pro D)
Buzzz (Z)
Banger GT
Magnet

Just starting to throw more consistently and farther... finally getting up over 250'... and most of them don't chuck into the woods now :) I do find myself usually reaching for 4-5 of those discs, which seems to be helping my consistency. I do like having other options in the bag though.

If any veterans out there think I made some horrible mistake or have a recommendation on something I missed, I'd be happy to hear it.

Attachments

• 0308101437.jpg
    0308101437.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 55
just to see if i could... heres 25 discs in a fade bag
6 putters 6 mids 13dr, usable...but full - i carry half that...

67msdv.jpg

trying to decide what i want for zipper pulls, fades looked cheap/simple/noisy...
i have a handful of leather string? that i hope on braiding... or somethin - undecided
wanna make one side a set of birdie beads...

some other minor things to come... got some great ideas for bigger mods... but not this week

is that the tourney bag?

yeah, hat rack edition , should be the same as every other tourney bag except fo rthe different material on the bottom... which i plasti dipped any ways

i like it, its really close to my buddies innova bag, his is lighter, both just as nice though
I'd own either and be happy (personally i like the fade vibe better,superior advertising too : )
i do wish i had just built my own after all the mod attempts i've made, i coulda constructed a bag by now

My current setup featuring:
dsc09926z.jpg

From left to right:
Domo, Eat sleep disc towel, 150 flick, Z stalker, Z stalker, 11x Gaz, 9x Gaz, Zero Spike, VP, GL Core, Demon, Star Gator, Sinus AP, little debbie stash bag.

I don't use the putter pocket in the mini pocket is a lightning mini and scorecard.

Phew here goes. Post #1.
Just started disc golf in December (currently in MA - yes it was cold+snowy)

Immediately fell in love with the game. I started with a simple discraft starter set and added a Stalker driver. (I started playing Discraft because other people who got me started throw mostly Innova - Figured it was a good way to keep things separate.) Also started with a tiny bag that held like 5 discs.

Then, like most noobs :clap::clap:, I got some money together and decided to justify getting a collection. However, I do understand the merits of building up a collection and getting better at certain techniques rather than relying on a million discs when starting out.

I went with 12 discs (total, including the ones I had before). My thought was to get discs that range in stableness, and to buy things in a few different plastics. This way over time I could learn the feel of the plastics and how to reign in on the different stabilities. For my two favorite discs at the time (Buzzz and Stalker), I decided to get an extra of each. For the Buzzz, I now have a Pro D and a Z one; for the stalker I have 2 Z ones, but in different weights so I can learn more about the differences. My Pro D Buzz and XL are already getting beat up, and are turning into great S-curve discs (right then left).

Plus I shelled out for a Dual Pack Lite. I like the look and feel quite a bit and seems to suit my needs.

So the collection is
Predator (FLX)
XL (Z) 1.7
XL (Pro D) 0
2x Stalker (one heavier)
Avenger SS (Z)
Drone (FLX)
Wasp (X)
Buzzz (Pro D)
Buzzz (Z)
Banger GT
Magnet

Just starting to throw more consistently and farther... finally getting up over 250'... and most of them don't chuck into the woods now :) I do find myself usually reaching for 4-5 of those discs, which seems to be helping my consistency. I do like having other options in the bag though.

If any veterans out there think I made some horrible mistake or have a recommendation on something I missed, I'd be happy to hear it.

Welcome to the game! We have a couple of members from MA, where are you located?

That lineup will work pretty well for you for quite awhile. Great job on the disc selection!

Welcome to the game! We have a couple of members from MA, where are you located?

That lineup will work pretty well for you for quite awhile. Great job on the disc selection!

I'm a grad student at UMass Lowell (in my last semester).

So far, I've just played at Pelham (Muldoon Park), Devens (my favorite... but harder!), and the one in Burlington.

Thanks, and yeah I feel pretty good about my discs. LOTS of forum reading etc. before I took the plunge on them. I have a feeling my lack of self-control might cause me to pick up another disc here and there, but there's definitely no need to.

Originally I'm from Ohio. Only played near Cleveland once (great course, in Medina, can't think of the name), but am heading to Southwest OH on a trip soon and from the looks of it, there are a million courses in the Dayton/Cinci area.

Devens is my home course. I've just started playing this year and while a fantastic course, it is very hard to learn on.

It's good at teaching shot control but very unforgiving and can ruin your round very quick.

check this out, says it can hold 12 discs, 10 comfortably
some guy named pat posted this at dgr long time ago, figured i'd share the find
said it cost 40,
i say ya need a barrel under the chin to finish off the deed...

but this is ingenious

dogpics001.jpg

dogpics004.jpg

heres some pics of my bag
its a fade tourney, hat rack, courtesy of marshall street
bag's pretty much black and basic, and i'm sure yall seen pics of em before...

first i'd like to say, nice bag, really dig it
all my issues, or criticisms are minor and they are as follows
the rain flap i coulda gone without, wish it was fully removeable, or least not lined with mesh, i'd prefer to not roll it up, the mesh i fear will get hung up on thorns, twigs, etc, like my other bag did... almost has to be rolled up, and there its just unnecessary lookin, thought bout tucking it inside, but then the velcro is un usable

mini pocket dont fit my ace race mini... i have no other mini's.... tear

although the "rollcage" is sweet... i feel the need to "create" my own seperators or something, they work well on the ends, but not so well in the middle, but i think it'll "break i n" and loosen up

and the strap... junk... seriously, i wasn't expecting much... but i think i actually giggled when i seen it
i expected a quad hook up anyways - no biggie

for the dollar, i truly believe its the best you could get
i am completely satisfied, too many plusses to list

the bottom has a diferent material than the sides... tougher? never seen another fade bag in person so i have nothing to compare to, but it looks and feels durable,

i seen another thread here or on dgr about "coatings" to add to the bottom, i'm a sucker, so i went out and bought a can of plasti dip and coated my bag, friggin sweet heh

i play in alot of mud, and wanted an easy way to keep the bottom looking nice, easy to rinse, waterproof... and of course i'm a dork and just wanted to do something to my bag

so, here you can see my 2 diferent coats, first coat soaks in well, 2nd coat gave a nice layer of rubber across the bottom, i didnt mask it, i like the rough line look :)
bhir61.jpg

heres the whole bottom, looks weird in the pic cause the flash, really flexible, it looks rippled, but its cause the bag is loose, if i put the cage back in it, it strectches flat, flattens out ... what ever
qqr5th.jpg

i'm sure it added some weight, but its on its way to being carried for many years to come
i'm currently brainstoming what else to do, already cut the zipper pulls off and replaced with leather pulls, they looked cheap, and i like leather, and they are completly silent now - no jingle

gonna create a raincoat for it, seen the fade straps condom, and i think thats a good "removeable" item i'd like to come up with,

also, gotta find a hook up on some straps... i'm not spending no 40 bucks on em, i'm currently lookin for "tool suspenders" as an option... maybe i'll post up a wanted ad in here... who knows, but i gotta get some type a harness

i'm tired of rambling, any questions, wanna point and laugh... have at it

Just wondering how the lining on the bottom of the bag is holding up. I was walking past the tool dip and almost picked up a can. Is it flaking off the corners or is it still adhered pretty well?

not at all, i've played 10 rounds in the snow, mud, slush, thorns... i cant say i have dragged my bag around, but i have "tested" the bottom by not using the benches, or looking for a dry spot
i have tested small areas, like i 'sawed' with my key in a hidden spot - didnt touch it
rubbed the bottom with scotch pad and 100grit sandpaper , i'm sure i coulda done damage with the paper, but the scotch pad didn't even dull the coating, i'm pretty impressed

when i get to my truck, i wipe off the bottom with my disc towel and its clean and dry, easier to dry than my discs, and then it sits on my seat ( i do have a nice enough ride to where i care...)

it probably added weight, which dont bother me - but this stuff is good so far, i have flexed, picked and pulled, folded, and stretched it... no signs of wear

you know when you bend black plastic - you get that white look??
none of that with plastidip, its rubber, made to flex
i dont see how it could flake off either, i kinda soaks in pretty good, in the top pic where you can see my first layer - that has become one with the material of the bag, i dont know how to explain it, but its not a "layer on top" - its liquid so it soaks in and holds , feels and looks like it was sewn with rubber, in spots i got it pretty thick and it feels like solid rubber, my fingernails can't cut or pick iti off

i'm happy with it, i foresee no issues at all, other than i may tape off better lines and redo another layer to make it all look even... but no hurry to do so, i to wanna see how long it lasts

oh, and i will say it adds "structure" to the bag, the pockets and drink holders hold their shape really well when empty - not a big deal for me, but i've seen some bags that 'need' a supportive bottom, so comparing to a rhyno lined bag, i'd say its stiff enough to hold shape, but i'd imagine the rhyno lining to be real stiff if you want no flex??
i'd prefer flex myself like they say "stong enough to bend"

Here's mine:

P1060095.jpg

P1060094.jpg

It's a JanSport backpack I got some time during high school. I'm thinking about tricking it out more to suit disc golf. As you can see I put the dividers from the innova deluxe bag in there. This could hold a ton of discs and other stuff. Plus, built in quads :D. So far it's worked out surprisingly well as far as comfort and stuff goes.