• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

Leo and banshee are good discs. Monarch isn't bad, you just will never choose it over other discs unless you are throwing it over water.

Xcal is beef nasty. Destroyer depends on if you have the arm speed for it.

SSS Glow Wiz

s-l1600.jpg

174 Classic Soft Warden. I have two Lucid ones, but like with any hard-ish putter they can roll away on steep greens. Hopefully I can use the Classic Soft to run longer putts on slanted greens and still stick when they miss.

attachment.php

Excited about this one. My home course has a pond that I throw in to more times than I'd like to admit. I've been using a Wahoo on it, but it's not the ideal disk for the hole. For me, the best disc for this particular hole is an understable fairway driver. I could've gone with a Dragon, but want to see how this limited edition Drift Witness does!

Putter rehaul...okay, only two new ones, but maybe I will dig 'em.
Caltrop zero hard; been working on my spin putts, and I seem to fare better w/overmolds
dx aviar 3; I love my P2s, so heck, I figured I would check this guy out. My buddy let me toss his at league, so I kinda already knew I liked the feel.

Just a D-line p2 175. Had to get one while my shop still had max weight in my colors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Classic Marshal and DX Polecat I ordered arrived today. Took 'em out to the course. Marshal did well as an approach putter, and putted well for me, as well (well, well, well... :p) The Polecat was badly domey (unlike my first one) and very flippy, even when thrown at vey low power. So I batted 1 for 2 with this order.

171 G* Destroyer to replace the Fission Photon I knocked a huge chunk out of. Also a 175 Lucid Thief to fit between my Volts & Rivers.

171 G* Destroyer to replace the Fission Photon I knocked a huge chunk out of. Also a 175 Lucid Thief to fit between my Volts & Rivers.

I would be interested to learn if it does fit between your Volts and Rivers. I find Thiefs to be pretty understable.

Okay I'm curious... what is it doing that the Alpha wasn't?

Oh and my recent purchases... 4 Alphas(Pink Candy et,Pink Pearly et, Purple Apex, Sublime Royal Blue)

I'm not totally dialed in on this just yet but basically the Ptero is flying like a seasoned Teebird for me. It's reeeaaaly straight and easy for me to point and shoot while still maintaining some agressiveness to the flight, unlike some other speed 7 discs which have a little more mushyness to their wiggle, if that makes sense. The Ptero is remarkably straight but still has a little bite to it. I expect that the Alpha will end up there after I get a few of them nice and worn in. Until then I'm really enjoying the Ptero-Alpha combo. The Ptero has a slightly lower power requirement so its incredibly effective in the woods where I just want a nice seasoned star teebird type flight.

Picked up a purple shatter stamp on purple swirl Doombird to hang in the office.

One day I'm sure I'll trade it or not be able to resist throwing it, but for now it's a heck of a conversation piece. Hanging next to a blue proshop RocX3 and a nice purple CFR buzzz.

Also let's see, picked up a new hard Dagger for circle putting; the seasoned Dagger I bought recently is now for longer putts and throwing. In the same shipment, grabbed an S-line Mystic 168g. I picked lightweight specifically because I wanted a utility turnover disc for shot shaping in the woods. Let me tell you, this disc is perfect - anyone else feeling like premium plastic flippy mids are too stable for your needs, or don't like the idea of throwing DX stingrays or D stratuses, check out a mystic. The S-line plastic is AMAZING baseline plastic.

Also picked up a used TP fortress - I would grade it 8/10 but for the small chip in the wing, also looks like previous owner sanded the flashing which I appreciate honestly. I sought out a TP model because the VIP fortress I picked up flies like a dream. I want to see about replacing my star wraith with the TP fortress to cover my forehand distance shots, and then have the VIP for what it was intended for - BH into the wind and super stable forehand shots. I tried the PD before but I didn't click with it - I saw the fortress was sharp-edged with a tad wider rim and it made sense.

Next I'm looking at grabbing a backup verdict or two, in lucid and/or biofuzion to beat in, or a C MD4 to try out for midrange FH shots, maybe another heavier mystic or one in evo, possibly a flippier saint in recycled or something, a gstar or echostar tern... and maybe a lighter weight DX rancho roc if I want to start up the ol' rancho cycle again.

Got my Tesla for joining the PDGA recently and bought a Vamp and a VRoc last weekend. Used them all in last Sunday's rounds. I threw a couple good forehands with the Tesla and I like the Vroc quite a bit; feels good and went really straight. The Vamp flew well for me too but doesn't seem to do a lot different for me than my Underworld or even my River.

Latest posts