• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

OK PD people. If the rumors are true, and the Infinite Discs Roman is the old Discmania PD, it is time to get excited. Was just checking infinitediscs.com and saw that the coming soon plastics are C-Blend Glow, I-Blend, and Swirly S-Blend.

Is this the P-line PD that everyone has been waiting for?

Anyone know the release date?

https://infinitediscs.com/infinite-discs-roman?Resp=704872222

Looks like they are available on the Infinite website now, I blend only as far as I can tell. Need a review when someone gets one in their hands please.

Is I blend confirmed as pro plastic?

Looks like they are available on the Infinite website now, I blend only as far as I can tell. Need a review when someone gets one in their hands please.

My understanding is that it's Infinite's version of Pro plastic. IIRC, I-blend has a higher proportion of Star than your typical Pro plastic though.

Got mine this A.M. and already got the shipping notification. I live not too terribly far from Infinite so I should have it by Saturday.

Infinite I-Blend varies...like Robs said, there is some star in there. Sometimes, a lot of Star. I'm hoping this leans more towards Pro...

Got mine this A.M. and already got the shipping notification. I live not too terribly far from Infinite so I should have it by Saturday.

Infinite I-Blend varies...like Robs said, there is some star in there. Sometimes, a lot of Star. I'm hoping this leans more towards Pro...

The hard part (pun?), is which kind of pro?

Innova has run the whole gamut of stiff, soft, domey, flat, or anything in between pro, and though PDs are good in pretty much any kind of mid-grade plastic, it makes a big difference in how the disc flies and feels.

The last pro that I felt was very soft and domey, so with a bit of reservation, I look forward to your assessment.

If these I blend Romans turn out flatter and gummy like the old p line pds I'll be super stoked.

Lol right around the time I find a couple Teslas that I like as suitable pd replacements. Go figure

Mine come in Monday. Im excited because the old p-been PDs I have are a harder pro plastic which I don't like. If these are the softer more grippy/gummy pro I'll be happy. Currently bag a LH2 in the beef slot and a jolly champ in the straight slot. Hoping these will be like a beefy CD2.

Didn't I read somewhere that "pro" plastic was different for different classes of discs? Ie, driver pro was different from mid pro was different from putter pro? Or was that just a theory/excuse used to explain Innovas inconsistencies?

From what I have seen pro in putters and mids is if pro. Drivers was a softer pro that was like a step down from star. I think there are also some real old driver pro that are more ce like. The pro pds I have don't feel like if pro or the driver pro that I've encountered elsewhere. They are kinda more in between dx and pro. The ding and take gouges. Fly nice and def under stable for PDs out of the box but not like the driver pro I was hoping for. Driver Pro does warp/beat in pretty fast so if I blend is a slightly more durable version, l could be money for this mold.

I have some p-line FDs that I got from black ink years ago and they are much closer to a durable, sticky, driver pro that I'm hoping I-blend is like.

Is I-blend anything like Millennium standard?

Where is the stability on these compared to Thunderbirds or OLFs?

Is I-blend anything like Millennium standard?

Where is the stability on these compared to Thunderbirds or OLFs?

Should be comparable to Millennium standard and should be a bit more OS than a Thundy or OLF.

Waiting on some reviews cuz it's definitely run dependent but the old flat P-line PDs are mellow and sweet.

Finally got to throw an I-blend. I bought 3 more…

Profile is very similar to some mellow champ ones I have, the only thing I don't love about that champ is that's it's a stiffer jolly launcher.

Out of the box I'd give them 9/5/-.5/2.5

We're going 385' with an almost imperceptible baby turn and nice finish.

My experience with this plastic is that it beats in fast and will warp on hard tree hits so we'll see how it holds up but OOB it's soooo nice.

On the weekend I had the chance to compare my old Freak S-line PDs to new PDs made in Discmanias new production facilities.

The lower part of the rim of my old Freak PDs is gradually curved and its curvature is extremely similar to that of a Thunderbird. The new Discmania PDs instead have a sudden change in curvature. Right in the middle of the lower part of the rim the curvature picks up, creating kind of a crease that you can feel. It is the same for the Discmania produced C-line pd, S-line PD and Niklas Anttila S-line PD (which is funny because the blue PD of Niklas is the Freak mold). It really is not the same disc as the curvature on the lower part of the rim if just different.

Discovering this difference I am a little bit bummed as I only got 2 Freaks, no idea how I will replace them as availability of the Innova remakes of the disc are not readily available in germany if you are not ready to pay a premium price, which I am not willing to disc out for a frisbee.

On the weekend I had the chance to compare my old Freak S-line PDs to new PDs made in Discmanias new production facilities.

The lower part of the rim of my old Freak PDs is gradually curved and its curvature is extremely similar to that of a Thunderbird. The new Discmania PDs instead have a sudden change in curvature. Right in the middle of the lower part of the rim the curvature picks up, creating kind of a crease that you can feel. It is the same for the Discmania produced C-line pd, S-line PD and Niklas Anttila S-line PD (which is funny because the blue PD of Niklas is the Freak mold). It really is not the same disc as the curvature on the lower part of the rim if just different.

Discovering this difference I am a little bit bummed as I only got 2 Freaks, no idea how I will replace them as availability of the Innova remakes of the disc are not readily available in germany if you are not ready to pay a premium price, which I am not willing to disc out for a frisbee.

Did you get a chance to compare flights?

The new PD is the only remake I don't really like, and it's for this reason. They fly nice, but I can't get over the sharp feeling rim. I saw yesterday a 9/10 speed Discmania disc called the Vanguard was approved by the PDGA, and I'm hoping that disc has a similar flight with a more comfortable grip. For now I'm covering these shots with a combination of FD3 and FD1.

Did you get a chance to compare flights?

The C-line is pretty straight with a little fade to it. The S-line had a slight turn with about 330 feet of power and a little fade as well.

When I compare them to my old Freaks, both versions do not fade as hard and glide a little more. The Freaks are both more OS than both of my 175g Teebirds. They are more like straighter versions of Firebirds as they will start fading earlier than my Teebirds but later than my stupidly OS champ Firebird. The Discmania PDs don't have that same quality IMO.

The C-line is pretty straight with a little fade to it. The S-line had a slight turn with about 330 feet of power and a little fade as well.

When I compare them to my old Freaks, both versions do not fade as hard and glide a little more. The Freaks are both more OS than both of my 175g Teebirds. They are more like straighter versions of Firebirds as they will start fading earlier than my Teebirds but later than my stupidly OS champ Firebird. The Discmania PDs don't have that same quality IMO.

I only had one g-line PD to compare, but it flew exactly like the new Discmania S-line and NP. The new C-line PD are much more overstable. I love the new S-line flight of very straight with late stability. If I want earlier fade, I go to the new FD3, which are extremely OS by comparison to Innova production.