• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Yep. I ordered two pinks. 170 and 171.
And because I have no self control, I added one of the glow PDs to my order also.

First order through their site...shipping cost is kind of a bummer.

I find the Discmania Store to have very reasonable shipping prices, especially when you compare it with the Innova Factory Store. Also I'm jealous of your pink PD...I just ordered $80 worth of plastic from them or I would've picked one of those up as well!

I find the Discmania Store to have very reasonable shipping prices, especially when you compare it with the Innova Factory Store. Also I'm jealous of your pink PD...I just ordered $80 worth of plastic from them or I would've picked one of those up as well!

Admittedly, I've never ordered from Innova. I'm spoiled probably, because I've been ordering everything from Community.
I haven't really seen pink Gstar yet so I hope it's nice. Looking forward to testing these.

Any coupon codes for the DM store floating around? I know the innova factory store had 10% off your first order, didn't know if there was something similar out there...

Ordered a Yellow 175g and Red 167g (my money weight) and used my 10% off from the FD2's I bought. I wanted to buy more and had some pinks in my cart at work but wanted to use my 10 percent off...wooo 3 bucks!

Meanwhile, my P-PD I replaced is a bit stiffer and has beat in much faster than my softer ones I lost.

Snagged 2 168 reds, because we all know red discs are the most overstable. How beefy are the glow md3s? I tried a regular champ md3 when they came out, and it wasn't a bad disc, just not as beefy as what I was hoping. I've been using an m2 as my overstable mid and didn't know how the stability compared.

Be really curious to hear how these fly especially in the lower weights. I am not sure if I want to give up throwing my S-line PDs for this disc but am very interested in trying one!

Snagged 2 168 reds, because we all know red discs are the most overstable. How beefy are the glow md3s? I tried a regular champ md3 when they came out, and it wasn't a bad disc, just not as beefy as what I was hoping. I've been using an m2 as my overstable mid and didn't know how the stability compared.

out of the three MD3's I carry I would say my glow is the most stable/OS of the lot and flies closest to the numbers. My buddy uses the M2 and in my opinion they fly pretty similar. I have seen others say the glow can be a meat hook depending on the profile and have seen one guy raving about his newer production MD3 he picked up with the mini shield stamp (supposedly board flat), though I have no experience with that batch. It may be safe to say the team stamped MD3's still remain the most beefy followed by the glow. Who knows maybe we will see stiff Jolly Launcher batch come out soon to meet this need?

On my doorstep today.
Gline PLH is the same on both and sits between my Sline and CFR Cline. (Closer to the S.)
Love the stamp on the glow PD, but it does seem a bit domey.

Attachments

• CYMERA_20140723_151747.jpg
    CYMERA_20140723_151747.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 103
On my doorstep today.
Gline PLH is the same on both and sits between my Sline and CFR Cline. (Closer to the S.)
Love the stamp on the glow PD, but it does seem a bit domey.

those look awesome

currently im just carrying a spd with a sfb for overstable parts. love the d on the spd. i always get the what was that disc? question when i throw it

yup

I got my pink today...very nice.

I'm really loving these in lower weights.

anyone throw the g* pd yet? reviews?

Nice in-depth comparison of the G* PD's vs other runs/plastics from All Things Disc Golf. Their review team is made up of multiple different players of all skill levels, so they have a nice well-rounded opinion as opposed to something more focused on one player's power level. Check it out!

http://allthingsdiscgolf.com/discmania-pd-review/

love the d on the spd.

Same. I have a pretty well beat in max weight that goes quite far for a disc in the speed 9 range. Let a couple drives rip on the open holes at Anna Page West this weekend and my SPD only fell 10-15 feet short of my Wraiths, but took a lot less lateral movement to do so. Even ripped flat at full power it won't truly flip; it locks in straight for the first bit of flight and then pans out nice and smooth before fading back.

Picked up a GPD the other day. Only got to play one round with it, but so far I am a fan. Picked it up for the same reason I picked up a G* Firebird, to help minimize skips and I like what I've seen so far.

Latest posts