• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

I will watch disc golf no matter the coverage but gonna say that jomez is top notch and I know tons of people who have got into disc golf because of them

Have you guys seen this live footage from "1 guy with a phone" covering the The 2019 Open at Tallahassee? Crazy how good coverage can be when you have someone who understands where to point the camera, when to talk, etc, etc.

Haven't heard much about the website dgpt.tv since around it's initial rollout. Since it's part of the coverage now, it's hard for me to ignore the fact that it's a day before a huge tourney and still looks like a mess. It's fine that it's "powered by Wordpress" but it looks like they picked a theme, added some pages, added a video plugin, uploaded videos, and embedded them. It couldn't have took more than an hour or two.

Also, I know you can watch old DGPT tourneys on YT but since they are hosted here I want to comment on it. The player can only be two ways, tiny or full screen. Resolution is only 240p. That's pathetic, it's 2019 and I'm not wanting to watch coverage below 720 like some peasant. Are they doing this to save server space? Are future rounds going to hosted at a higher rez? Will they be on YT or only here? If after-round coverage is only available like this and not through YT, it will be a blood bath.

I hope there is a large update that rolls out for dgpt.tv between now and FPO R1. But if this rolls out as is tomorrow and is the only place to watch coverage, it will get so much hate. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Put this out there, it will get ridiculed and deservedly so. I want to see DGPT have a win but this might take them back even more. I really hope it's not what their rolling out.

Attachments

• waco-dgpt-fullscreen.jpg
    waco-dgpt-fullscreen.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 55
  • waco-dgpt.jpg
    waco-dgpt.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 51
Resolution is only 240p.

I just clicked a video or two to see what was going on, and up to 1080 was available. So maybe it was rendering for you or something? I don't know if videos had been up for a while already when you checked them, or if they were still getting sorted out. Like on youtube I know if something is JUST uploaded the HD options aren't available yet.

Anyways, we'll see what happens with the rest of stuff.

I just clicked a video or two to see what was going on, and up to 1080 was available. So maybe it was rendering for you or something? I don't know if videos had been up for a while already when you checked them, or if they were still getting sorted out. Like on youtube I know if something is JUST uploaded the HD options aren't available yet.

Anyways, we'll see what happens with the rest of stuff.

It could very well be that they JUST uploaded them when I was accessing, because you can see where 240 was the only option for me in the attachment. Being old videos I just assumed they had been on the page awhile. 1080 is now an option for me, so strike that comment from my post.

The page is slightly different now, all videos are on the home page. No longer need to click the odd looking links to get to them. Progress.

Just a little leery of what live will look like. Hoping for a "theater" mode. Not a fan of full screen and the window on the page is bit small.

"The Play It Again Sports Jonesboro Open presented by Prodiscus Live Stream Schedule: March 12-14"

Dodge doing Dodge things....

I don't see a chat feature... or even a way to sign up for an account in case there is a chat function later.

Also, the site is not security protected, so I am guessing our devices will all have STDs before the weekend is over...

Last edited:
The DGPT.tv site needs some love. Along with an SSL security cert for sure.

And there is a Roku app, but it ISN'T the DGPT.TV Roku App. There is another app due to something or other on the backend. So, here is a video from the DGPT on what you need to do to get the NEW Roku App.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2VSu_yidjc

The channel just hasn't been approved for the app store yet. It is submitted but they say it could take up to 4 weeks or something. Best of luck. I will be trying tonight myself.

Following the instructions, try to add the channel and get this response: "The channel code provided is associated with a channel not available in your region."

So Steve changes his mind..AGAIN. . But great news, hope it lasts a few weeks before it changes again

Hey all! We get our cookie back!

In all seriousness, its a good move. I'm happy all parties are willing to continue to work with him. My understanding is SD is a good guy, just trying to actually make a buck off his product. For sure, he is going to continue to lose money.

Last edited:
The DGPT.tv site needs some love. Along with an SSL security cert for sure.

And there is a Roku app, but it ISN'T the DGPT.TV Roku App. There is another app due to something or other on the backend. So, here is a video from the DGPT on what you need to do to get the NEW Roku App.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2VSu_yidjc

The channel just hasn't been approved for the app store yet. It is submitted but they say it could take up to 4 weeks or something. Best of luck. I will be trying tonight myself.

Why did he make the switch to dgpt.tv for Jonesboro when it clearly wasn't ready yet?

https://www.dgpt.com/news/dgpt-chan...mpo1-mpo2-and-fpo1-to-independent-media-teams

So we've come full circle. Thank Jeebus Steve wasnt too holy to backpedal completely.

So Steve changes his mind..AGAIN. . But great news, hope it lasts a few weeks before it changes again

About time. Looks like capitulation by Dodge. I wonder if the tournaments (TDs) and players had a word with him.

I'm looking forward to the Jomez and CCDG coverage, and we'll see how the others do.

About time. Looks like capitulation by Dodge. I wonder if the tournaments (TDs) and players had a word with him.

I'm looking forward to the Jomez and CCDG coverage, and we'll see how the others do.

The one company Par Save Productions sounds like they helped with the post production of the first two events for DGPT Channel. It sounds like in that bit it gets a bit confusing like how some of my earliest posts read on here about the Par Save Productions as to who it is or where it found. I am not sure where to even find Par Save Productions if it is Youtube or on another App. I am Fine with DGPT doing live coverage as it was never really done before this for the top level Pro tour coverage. I just hope that Steve Doge keeps the live up for those to see the events later after the event has posted as there are people who want to see the a whole tournament coverage on TV.

Latest posts