• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy Plastics - Comprehensive

I want to add to the plastics. There is also the SE versions of the PA 1 and PA 4 as well as the glo versions of the PA 1. These unique different 300s plastic putters have slightly less stiffness and more grip. I would say it is a plastic stiffer than Classic Blend you would find on a judge but again not as stiff as 300s or nearly as stiff as 350g. I use the glo 300s PA 1 as my main putters. They are fantastic discs.

Thanks for dropping some knowledge!
Are all individual protos the same plastic? i.e. Are all proto m4s the same plastic?

No, there are proto runs for each type of plastic they release it in. They basically do a tester run in that model's mold for each plastic as they release it in said plastic. For example, I have proto M1s in 400S, as well as 300S.

I thought I'd weigh in on this thread. I have been using prodigy mids for years, and recently branched into the putters and fairway drivers. I think Prodigy plastics are awesome. I use mostly Prodigy discs when I play.

I've been throwing some 750 plastic lately, and agree it's stiffer and extremely durable. I have noticed, too, the OS qualities some have mentioned. But I think the 750 OS qualities are not because it's more OS than 400 or 400g, but because it's so tough that breaking in takes a LONG time. I thought the 400 took a long time- and lasts forever- but the 750 takes even longer to break in.

I do feel like the 750 releases the best of the plastics, and *slightly* better grip when wet than 400 S and G. Is it worth the extra cost? I don't know yet (and I only buy the x-outs to save a few bucks) I have a number of 400 and 400g discs that have yet to beat in to US or flippy. The 750 discs I have are still relatively new, so it will be a year or more before I can say. I prefer the release of 750, but in the winter, it's very stiff. 400(S) is the more flexible of the 'premium' Prodigy plastics, and I think it's better for cold weather play.

I love the 300/350 for wet play and putting. Great grip, and to me the 300/350 just feels better than most comparable- dx, classic, dpro, etc. I have a few putters and mids in 300. the 350 is firmer and great for more glide, distance and carry.

that's my $0.02

I also wanted to chime in on a dead[ish] thread.

I'm finding for F2 molds that the 400 seems to come out more OS than 400G or 750 and was curious if that was common among other molds.

Also worth mentioning since this thread listed them all out there is now
450 which I have not felt or thrown and is a special release only plastic
750G which comes out less stable than 400 and is an opaque, better feeling 750
400 glimmer which is metal flake - have not thrown or felt
200 which is super baseline and feels like a candle. Beats in about as fast as Pro-D. I have an 200 M2 in by bag I love.

and now spectrum which is their name for swirly stuff

I also wanted to chime in on a dead[ish] thread.

I'm finding for F2 molds that the 400 seems to come out more OS than 400G or 750 and was curious if that was common among other molds.

Also worth mentioning since this thread listed them all out there is now
450 which I have not felt or thrown and is a special release only plastic
750G which comes out less stable than 400 and is an opaque, better feeling 750
400 glimmer which is metal flake - have not thrown or felt
200 which is super baseline and feels like a candle. Beats in about as fast as Pro-D. I have an 200 M2 in by bag I love.

and now spectrum which is their name for swirly stuff
I have the same experience with F2s and D2s, but I don't find it to be the same with all Prodigy molds. My 750 F5s are more stable than my 400/400G F5s and the same goes for my M2s and M4s.

450 is great plastic. The 450 D2s are money and very overstable in comparison to 400G. I bag one in place of a D1 for big hyzers and headwinds.
750G I'll agree is a tad less stable than 400/400G, but not by much. 750G discs that I've thrown have a crazy dome and glide for days.
400 Glimmer feels just like 400 with a tick more stability--same as almost all other metal flake discs.
400 Spectrum flies a tick more stable and feels tackier in comparison to 400. Not as grippy as 400G, but it's a nice in-between. Also seems to take a bit longer to break in than 400. 750 Spectrum doesn't feel much different from 750 and doesn't fly any different, in my experience--nothing more than a swirly 750.
200 was a huge surprise for me. It's less grippy than 300 but way firmer. I have a 200 PA3 that has taken a beating, but isn't too deformed and flies like a dream.

200 is pretty nice stuff. My 200 M2 looks like absolute **** and hyzerflips super well and flies amazingly. The velvety feel is just really nice to sink your fingers into

Forgive me reviving a dead thread. I've got a 400G M1 that I've been throwing all summer and fall, but the disc is grayish-white and southern Minnesota had 3 inches of snow overnight. Should I buy 400G again in a better color for winter or get a different plastic?

I would stick with the 400g. It's what I throw for drivers and mids for the most part and behaves fairly well in cold weather. I putt/approach with 350g PA3's and switch them out for 300 in the winter for better grip.

Forgive me reviving a dead thread. I've got a 400G M1 that I've been throwing all summer and fall, but the disc is grayish-white and southern Minnesota had 3 inches of snow overnight. Should I buy 400G again in a better color for winter or get a different plastic?

If you like the 400g, stick with it. It's good stuff. :thmbup:

All I know is that I am in absolute love my my 350g pa-1s. I like the 300 too. I have an ace one a firm champ-like proto pa-1. That 350g is the perfect firm with the perfect amount of tacky for a driving putter to rip on.

I really need to try some of the mids in 350g

Last edited:
I've only used the 400 plastic, and only the earlier runs, and I've found that plastic to be durable in all the right ways. It never gets cut or gouged, the surface just gets scuffed up. Similar to the old runs of Z in that way.

The grip of the 400 series plastic is also very good. Even when brand new, it is never slick. Has a nice tacky feel, and then as the surface wears there is a little more texture but the grip remains very consistent.

Overall the 400 is one of my very favorite disc materials. My dream scenario is Innova learning to copy that plastic, and making their driver molds in the 400 series material.

hilarious that the prodigy plastic page is "comprehensive" yet has under 40 posts and is 4 years old

I have never thrown a Prodigy disc before, but we are starting to have a stronger and stronger Prodigy presence over here. I received a disc from a tournament a month or so ago, and I was hoping someone could help me confirm what I have. On the inside rim, it says 173H1-4. I'm assuming that is a 173g H1 in 400 plastic? My biggest confusion is when I go on the website, it only lists the H1V2. Is that actually what this is? Thanks!

I have never thrown a Prodigy disc before, but we are starting to have a stronger and stronger Prodigy presence over here. I received a disc from a tournament a month or so ago, and I was hoping someone could help me confirm what I have. On the inside rim, it says 173H1-4. I'm assuming that is a 173g H1 in 400 plastic? My biggest confusion is when I go on the website, it only lists the H1V2. Is that actually what this is? Thanks!

Your assumption is correct, it's the original H1 mold in 400 plastic.

Old H1 mold is ridiculously overstable, they re-tooled it to be more like a felon than a manhole cover.

400 plastic is sort of their "base" premium plastic. I like it better than the more expensive 400G, but it is a little softer while 400G is a bit more star-like in it's stiffness. 400 also will take quite a while to beat in.

The original H lineup was more overstable and less glider than the newly released v2 molds. Prodigy was really lacking some mid speed distance drivers for people who can throw 375-400 but not 500. The original H molds are now discontinued to my knowledge.

I'm not contributing anything of value here but wanted to stop by & say how much I love my 400G PA1. It's mostly a thrower but I putt with it too when I need to hyzer around something.

I prefer the older run of 400G that was more firm. I had a Seppo 400G PA1 that was much softer. Just haven't come across anything that I'd want to replace it with yet. Great mold.

I'm not contributing anything of value here but wanted to stop by & say how much I love my 400G PA1. It's mostly a thrower but I putt with it too when I need to hyzer around something.

I prefer the older run of 400G that was more firm. I had a Seppo 400G PA1 that was much softer. Just haven't come across anything that I'd want to replace it with yet. Great mold.

If it's one of the Seppo's from this year I think it's 400, not 400G which is usually a little softer. My King of the Forest PA1 is ridiculously overstable.

I read though this thread so I have already seen some opinions, but is there a general stability difference among the prodigy plastics?

Generaaally I think stability goes 750 - 400 - 400G - 750G But it varies a lot by mold. 750 F2 is less stable than 400 F2s. Though 750 F1's are more OS than 400 F1s...