• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy sues Gannon sues Prodigy

What I find odd is that I can find 6 different molds with GB stamps on them and 14 variants of those 6 molds in different stamps or plastics...I mean...that is a lot of support from Prodigy...isn't it? https://www.prodigydisc.com/search?q=gannon%20

It sure is, but he's not getting a million and I bet that's what he wants.

Expectations are suddenly high in this sport

A good company can always be above one good athlete going away. We throw discs because we like the athlete so if the athlete show disapointment in the product/company most will side on his/her side.

Hopefully it gets sorted and both can come away decently happy.

Also signing kids and not be 110% at fullfilling the clauses is just shoddy and shows lack of investment in a professional business relationship, especially if his so key to their earnings. Missing a 500 payment is just laughable, throw in 500 extra for making prodigy semi relevant in the top.

I throw discs that fit my game, regardless of which pro is throwing them. I suspect I'm not in the minority.

Prodigy is saying a majority of his beefs weren't actually in the contract, and they addressed the ones that were (two missing bonus payments and sales data). They're claiming he is still under contract because they satisfied the complaints within the 30 day cure period and are now suing for losses as a result of Gannon's premature announcement.

small point of clarification: they said that the "regular sales reports" requirement was not in the contract as well. so just the $200+$300 payments

In the Termination Notice, G.B. also complained that he and his mother were told they would be able to view "regular sales reports" of his disc sales to reconcile with his PDI commissions. Put simply, nothing in the Endorsement Agreement obligates PDI to provide G.B. with "regular sales reports."

small point of clarification: they said that the "regular sales reports" requirement was not in the contract as well. so just the $200+$300 payments

According to Disc Golf Dot Law, 'compensation' isn't defined in the unredacted portion of the contract, which will be held against Prodigy for writing the contract and not defining terms.

The court would then determine the definition of 'compensation' which may or may not include sales figures. Accountants will vehemently demand that sales figures are a necessary component.

Something like 97% of cases are resolved outside of litigation, so we'll probably never get a resolution satisfying enough to an online forum.

(Sidenote: my wife is a paralegal. She watched this Nick and Matt show, pointed directly at Matt's pullover and said, "don't you dare ever wear a shirt like this.")

Last edited:
According to Disc Golf Dot Law, 'compensation' isn't defined in the unredacted portion of the contract, which will be held against Prodigy for writing the contract and not defining terms.

The court would then determine the definition of 'compensation' which may or may not include sales figures. Accountants will vehemently demand that sales figures are a necessary component.

Something like 97% of cases are resolved outside of litigation, so we'll probably never get a resolution satisfying enough to an online forum.

(Sidenote: my wife is a paralegal. She watched this Nick and Matt show, pointed directly at Matt's pullover and said, "don't you dare ever wear a shirt like this.")

sure, I was just pointing out that according to Prodigy the ONLY thing they had to cure was the $500. according to them they didn't NEED to provide the sales figures, but they went ahead and did it anyways, so either way it's a moot point.

sure, I was just pointing out that according to Prodigy the ONLY thing they had to cure was the $500. according to them they didn't NEED to provide the sales figures, but they went ahead and did it anyways, so either way it's a moot point.

It's like a title fight. Don't leave it up to the judges.

I think top manufacturer needs to also take into account how large you stake is in the market. If you manufacture 2% of whats out there, it doesn't matter if you are number 5... There is nothing to say number 10 doesn't make nearly as much or as quality as you do. . .

They are a top manufacturer as much as KJ, Vaino, Cale and Harris are top players. Oh wait Prodigy didn't consider them "top" despite all finishing in the top 25 in pro tour points...

The closest thing we have to sales data across brands in infinite, which is very flawed by who buys discs where, but I can tell you I don't recall seeing prodigy or their discs on those lists. If I had to wager, I would say Manufacturers ahead of Prodigy in a guess-ish order would be:

Innova
Lat64
Discraft (maybe ahead of Lat? but lat does so many others)
MVP (axiom/streamline/mint/tsa/wild)
Yikun
Gateway (AGL, Reptilian, BZ, old Wild disc...)

Then we are getting close, but I think these are on par or still ahead of prodigy 2022
Kastaplast
Discmania
LSD

Below we have:
Daredevil
Clash
Launch
Disctroyer
ABC/Essential? (whos making the dino discss now?)
Trash Panda
Franklin

Prodigy does so poorly here, they have sponsored a pro or two, and generally all they can talk about 9 months in is how much they wish they could throw other stuff... Or how some of the old prodigy stamped innova still floats around...

And I am not salty I love some prodigy A2s are a class of their own (though not much use to me) really enjoy M4s, FX2, H3V2, MX3...

The closest thing we have to sales data across brands in infinite, which is very flawed by who buys discs where, but I can tell you I don't recall seeing prodigy or their discs on those lists. If I had to wager, I would say Manufacturers ahead of Prodigy in a guess-ish order would be:

Innova
Lat64
Yikun

Then we are getting close, but I think these are on par or still ahead of prodigy 2022
Kastaplast
Discmania
LSD

Below we have:
Daredevil
Clash
Launch
Disctroyer
Trash Panda
Franklin

Prodigy does so poorly here, they have sponsored a pro or two, and generally all they can talk about 9 months in is how much they wish they could throw other stuff... Or how some of the old prodigy stamped innova still floats around...

And I am not salty I love some prodigy A2s are a class of their own (though not much use to me) really enjoy M4s, FX2, H3V2, MX3...

Seems I'm out of the loop.

Dynamic Discs?
West side?

Innova
Lat64
Yikun

Kastaplast
Discmania
LSD

Below we have:
Daredevil
Clash
Launch
Disctroyer
Trash Panda
Franklin

To be fair, their quote said "...in the country."

How many of those manufacturers are stateside? Narrows the list considerably in their favor.

Latest posts