• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy sues Gannon sues Prodigy

I think top manufacturer needs to also take into account how large you stake is in the market. If you manufacture 2% of whats out there, it doesn't matter if you are number 5... There is nothing to say number 10 doesn't make nearly as much or as quality as you do. . .

They are a top manufacturer as much as KJ, Vaino, Cale and Harris are top players. Oh wait Prodigy didn't consider them "top" despite all finishing in the top 25 in pro tour points...

FTR, the phrase "G.B.'s departure would also leave PDI without a high-profile PDGA
athlete under contract for the quickly-approaching 2023 season." is obviously referring to Gannon as "a high-profile PDGA athlete under contract" in a non-exclusive manner.

The phrasing does not preclude them having additional high profile PDGA athletes, it simply refers to Gannon as one such high-profile PDGA athlete under contract.

FTR, the phrase "G.B.'s departure would also leave PDI without a high-profile PDGA
athlete under contract for the quickly-approaching 2023 season." is obviously referring to Gannon as "a high-profile PDGA athlete under contract" in a non-exclusive manner.

The phrasing does not preclude them having additional high profile PDGA athletes, it simply refers to Gannon as one such high-profile PDGA athlete under contract.

There wording "would leave PDI with out a".. A is singular. The intent is they wouldn't have one without him. Its either really poor legal speak or they misspoke. "Would leave us without one of" or if they were going for more shock "would leave us without our top".
I am not a lawyer, or achieve much other than barely getting a bachelors, but the lawyers who have been talking have interpreted it that way.

I don't think you can blame people for reading it as "G.B.'s departure would also leave PDI without a (single) high-profile PDGA athlete under contract for the quickly-approaching 2023 season." They definitely left the door open for misinterpretation of that sentence

To be fair, their quote said "...in the country."

How many of those manufacturers are stateside? Narrows the list considerably in their favor.

Narrows the list further, but also puts them much closer to the bottom. USA manufactures would go: Innova, MVP or Discraft (crazy thats become questionable whos #2), Gateway, Prodigy, Lone Star. (with lonestar rocketing up and likely passing prodigy US made discs this year if they havent already)
And then tiny manufactures who are hardly more than 1 mold brands at this point.

I find it curious that their trying to tout made in the USA as a pro, when that's not what their production trends. They are huge in Asia and big in europe.
If we are including Prodigy Asia production or sales this is a different conversation. There is talk that the change to PA3 is possibly because the manufacture is moving overseas with more molds...

If we are including Prodigy Asia production or sales this is a different conversation. There is talk that the change to PA3 is possibly because the manufacture is moving overseas with more molds...

Actually some of the molds that have been made in China are going to go back to being produced in the US- just got the word on that yesterday.

Actually some of the molds that have been made in China are going to go back to being produced in the US- just got the word on that yesterday.

That's interesting to hear. Did they up their ability to keep up with modern demand? They were pretty hush about anything but the "x Model xx" series having been made overseas. Then it was "Special runs and Spectrum are still done in house".

I am curious if you have less than public info, what was made overseas before and what are they bringing back to the states? US made 500 and 750 are some of my favorite plastics.

There wording "would leave PDI with out a".. A is singular. The intent is they wouldn't have one without him. Its either really poor legal speak or they misspoke. "Would leave us without one of" or if they were going for more shock "would leave us without our top".
I am not a lawyer, or achieve much other than barely getting a bachelors, but the lawyers who have been talking have interpreted it that way.

Don't attribute intent or meaning beyond the explicit meaning of the words. There is no interpretation to be done here. The singular A is only in reference to Gannon and his status and the statement makes no descriptive claims regarding anyone else. If that was their intent they would do so explicitly. To interpret otherwise is reading in a non-legalistic manner.

I am curious if you have less than public info, what was made overseas before and what are they bringing back to the states? US made 500 and 750 are some of my favorite plastics.

I think the 750 stuff has always been made stateside. 500 I am not positive about.

D1, D2, D3, Falcor and Reverb are the molds coming back to US production. I think that might leave just the Ace Line stuff in China which was how it was to begin with.

Impress judges with legalese. Impress jurors with bravado and hyperbole. Prodigy attorneys have written all their legal documents without regard for judges. Memes and Reddit posts?

If your car gets stolen. You have other cars that run and drive and get you to work. You are in court and say, in effort to explain your hardship you say "I am left without a car".

If that is completely acceptable in that situation, it explains a chunk of why our legal system is primed for manipulating.

He is definitely their highest ranked/rated and potential on the team. Its a huge loss, I am definitely not saying it isn't. I also think they cast a wide net and scoop a lot of potential and deserve to either get paid or a cheap season when one of those players the supported early on goes off.

If they were known for following through with promises and taking care of their team I would be behind them entirely. Lack of a lot of this being on paper and official is a problem I hope both parties don't have issues with in the future.

Depends on who your lawyer is.

While that may be (undoubtedly is) the way in which PDI hopes the judge construes the phrasing, given the way "a" is ordinarily employed in the phrase "without a(n) ___" (e.g., "without a prayer," "without a clue," "without an account," "without a hope in hell," etc.), "without a high profile PDGA athlete" could just as easily and just as legitimately—and, prima facie, more naturally—be interpreted to mean "without any high profile PDGA athlete. Indeed, rhetorically, PDI's pleading that the absence of this particular high-profile PDGA athlete could cause, not just the potential loss of $1.5 million in sales in 2023, but "irreparable, incalculable, and irreversible harm" to its very survival, the interpretive balance of probability tilts strongly toward this exclusive interpretation.

Latest posts