• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy X3

This is a driver that I hope does well. I was wanting to see this From Prodigy for years. Unfortunately I don't think I'll need one, but I hope its a nice disc. The X series has potential as its still a distance driver but not as wide rimmed. So, good call on making them - would like to hear more from those that use them:popcorn::popcorn:

might have to give one of these a try, that and the X2

Got some throws in with my X3, really liking it so far.

I hope they release the x series in some lighter weights. i like the feel of the x discs but trow my drivers in the middle to low 160s.

Me too
I bought X2,3,4,5. And I can't throw these heavy discs fast enough to make them do their thing. But I love the feel of 2,3,5 rims.

I'm now waiting for the 400g light versions. My prediction: They'll be sick.

X3

Interesting driver here. I threw one today. 174g. Clear, somewhat gummy plastic. Domey. This disc seems like something between speed 12 and 13. It isn't slow, but it definitely isn't as fast as something like a Boss or Nuke.

The rim on the X3 is a bit strange. Very flat wing with a strange bump at the edge. Almost like a shallow micro bead. VERY shallow rim. For guys who hate shallow rims, stay away from this one. You'll need a good grip for it not to slip.

The X3 reminds me of a champion Shryke. It will turn on hard rips, but seems to be resistant to flipping all the way over. I was able to get it out to 400' today on a flat release. The X3 has a lot of dome and seems to glide very well.

The X3 can handle some power. In fact, you'll need a little to see the high speed turn. I found that on shots I didn't power up enough on that the X3 would stall out and fade listlessly. If you don't flatten the X3 out enough it isn't a very long driver. The high speed turn is necessary.

Overall distance was good, but not great. The disc has a booming, glidey flight, but doesn't penetrate as well as other drivers of similar speed. Also, the X3 seems slower and shorter to me than the D3. The D3 has a wider rim and a bit more high speed turn too.

X3: 12, 6, -2, 3. Great glide, but only so-so penetration and distance. The X3 does respond well to hard rips favorably and has a high power tolerance. Shorter than Prodigy's D line.

this is a weird disc but i really like it. id say im a bit slow as far as arm speed but i generally get pretty good distance from wraiths and an Enigma is my go too distance driver.

I picked it up just to try something prodigy in the general range of those too. It like an mildy understable enigma, its faster than a heat or sidewinder and i get a bit more distance out of it, but it wont flip(so far) as much as heat or sidewinder at a faster speed.

gonna play a bit more with it, but first day out, i used it a lot on a long course and it may take the place of my star wraith and my option to the enigma for straighter shots