• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodiscus backpack

Regardless of if its a copy or not, I just think this bag is nowhere near as aesthetically pleasing as the Grip Tour Bag... It basically looks like a shorter, fatter version...

I too have 7 bags, but they all cost less than $60 each.

Let's see... most courses have 18 baskets. Bag holds 20 drivers. 9 mids and 4 putters. I don't see the point. I suppose it's good exercise carrying all those discs.

So " alright I have 1 shoulder, I need 7 bags!" made sense, but " I'm going to throw 50 plus shots, I need 30 discs." was just too much for you to comprehend? :confused:

How is it a copy? Because it looks similiar? Is every fade bag a ripoff of innova? Is gorilla boy a ripoff of revo? Is voodoo a ripoff of gorilla boy?

Backpacks are a popular choice for disc golfers, so bag makers are going to make them. Backpacks will probably look similiar to backpacks. The simian and the mahal are the only two backpacks out there that's somewhat unique.

Looking for a backpack with all the dg whistles ( putter pocket, mini pocket, drink holders, pencil pockets) and enough storage to stuff a jacket or hoodie in you only have three options. Ozark, mahal or this prodiscus bag.

This bag is a touch different than the grip bag but what I really do not like is that yes bags like innovas competition bag, fade, gorilla boy and so on all have the same concept of bag but it is a natural one. When you try to think of a way to hold discs it is the first thing that comes to mind. The Grip Bag was revolutionary in how the bag functions and flows. There was years of research done to make the bag how it is today and now this bag comes out with all the same ideas but with a couple little added things. I just don't feel that it is right, they could at least give more credit where credit is due.

Now take a company like No Excuses Disc Golf. They are making bags of every sort and they are not copying anybody. They are coming up with ideas that people haven't thought of yet. I feel a new bag company should try to be more like them rather than rip off an already existing one.

grip already commented on facebook.
"Looks an awful lot like another bag we've seen somewhere. Now where did we see that bag...."

Wonder what the Hyzer Bomb backpack will look like.

Regardless of if its a copy or not, I just think this bag is nowhere near as aesthetically pleasing as the Grip Tour Bag... It basically looks like a shorter, fatter version...

There needs to be a like option on this website so that I can LIKE this post:thmbup:

longer responce from facebook

Grip Equipment- In order: Earl, our bags have accommodated reservoirs since the beginning. Seth, agreed, nice to see our years of work changing the industry after decades of stagnation! Rusty, Gateway and Revolution repurposed existent backpack designs to put discs in. Geoff, funny, maybe should have linked to another angle but the pictured straps are direct copies of the geometry of our straps.

Based on years of research into the players of the game, GripEQ was the first to create a new and unique layout which synthesized the best parts of the equipment available, reorganized and optimized the weight distribution of the items carried in the bag, and utilized careful observation and action analysis to create unprecedented intuitive functionality. Then we tested and developed our design on tour in 2010 to be sure we had a great product for the sport to enjoy!

Prodiscus tried to acquire a sample bag from us last year while Kai was hatching this bag. He claimed he wanted to retail them, but his reputation had preceded him.

Spoiler alert, there is also a company down in Louisiana promoting computer drawings of a 'new bag concept' that look nearly identical to our original design drawings.

Proof on proof that our work is setting the standard!!

Accept no imitations. We support the game at a level no other bag company can touch!!

This bag is a touch different than the grip bag but what I really do not like is that yes bags like innovas competition bag, fade, gorilla boy and so on all have the same concept of bag but it is a natural one. When you try to think of a way to hold discs it is the first thing that comes to mind. The Grip Bag was revolutionary in how the bag functions and flows. There was years of research done to make the bag how it is today and now this bag comes out with all the same ideas but with a couple little added things. I just don't feel that it is right, they could at least give more credit where credit is due.

Now take a company like No Excuses Disc Golf. They are making bags of every sort and they are not copying anybody. They are coming up with ideas that people haven't thought of yet. I feel a new bag company should try to be more like them rather than rip off an already existing one.

What did grip do that was revolutionary?

I just can't see how anyone would support a company that rips off another disc golf company like this!!! It is one thing to improve on a great design, but this thing is a grip bag with pockets!!! For the sake of all you looking to save a couple bucks on a grip bag, I hope their investment into R&D is not anywhere close to their dedication to quality. It sure does look like they are just trying to capitalize off of J@W's hard work and get their hand in the pot while the demand for a grip bag is hot!!!!

(yes, I have a orange grip bag....best disc golf investment I have made!!!!
Btw, I even still have my 10 gig click wheel ipod while all the zunes have come and gone!!!!! And at least they tried their own design!!!!)

wow angry much? Lots of bag companies are quite abit alike.

Oh well a bag by any other name is still a bag. Kudo's to Grip, but this happens all the time. I love my Grip, but I think I'll like a bag I can put more discs and stuff in it. Plus over time it will be the consumer that wins if ther is a disc golf bag war.

How is it a copy? Because it looks similiar? Is every fade bag a ripoff of innova? Is gorilla boy a ripoff of revo? Is voodoo a ripoff of gorilla boy?

Backpacks are a popular choice for disc golfers, so bag makers are going to make them. Backpacks will probably look similiar to backpacks. The simian and the mahal are the only two backpacks out there that's somewhat unique.

Looking for a backpack with all the dg whistles ( putter pocket, mini pocket, drink holders, pencil pockets) and enough storage to stuff a jacket or hoodie in you only have three options. Ozark, mahal or this prodiscus bag.

I think the same. what I have done is listen the players during the process and we have changed the bag alot from beginning in these years. Well I have also played 20 years so I might no something that needs to be in bag :)

^ this ftmfw

i dnt understand y people even have to say its a copy of blah blah. .just like dut said, where do u think hyzerbomb,gorilla boy, voodoo, revo get ideas from? obviously other bags that are the "standard" design. if it was a copy,it would be exactly the same would it not? well while i might see similarities,it has its OWN style and modifications/improvements.

who gives a **** already. its a gopd bag.

instead of complaining about what the bag looks like,be glad u people have choices damn it. i dnt ever recall having the back pack style dg bag as an option in the early /mid 90's.

carry on prodiscus. your doing a fantastic job kai. so much that im considering ordering one and i owned a grip,own a mahal and voodoo.

longer responce from facebook

Grip Equipment- In order: Earl, our bags have accommodated reservoirs since the beginning. Seth, agreed, nice to see our years of work changing the industry after decades of stagnation! Rusty, Gateway and Revolution repurposed existent backpack designs to put discs in. Geoff, funny, maybe should have linked to another angle but the pictured straps are direct copies of the geometry of our straps.

Based on years of research into the players of the game, GripEQ was the first to create a new and unique layout which synthesized the best parts of the equipment available, reorganized and optimized the weight distribution of the items carried in the bag, and utilized careful observation and action analysis to create unprecedented intuitive functionality. Then we tested and developed our design on tour in 2010 to be sure we had a great product for the sport to enjoy!

Prodiscus tried to acquire a sample bag from us last year while Kai was hatching this bag. He claimed he wanted to retail them, but his reputation had preceded him.

Spoiler alert, there is also a company down in Louisiana promoting computer drawings of a 'new bag concept' that look nearly identical to our original design drawings.

Proof on proof that our work is setting the standard!!

Accept no imitations. We support the game at a level no other bag company can touch!!

Looks like a lot of words just to say: We made it feel a little better.

I'm not trying to attack the grip bag. Great looking bag that I am sure feels very comfortable. It's not revolutionary, it's just a good bag. They weren't the first to create a new layout for dg backpacks, simians stool set-up was. It's not the most innovative when it comes to comfort, mahal over hauled that entire idea. There just a good bag who's maker seems to have delusions of grandeur.

Looks like a lot of words just to say: We made it feel a little better.

I'm not trying to attack the grip bag. Great looking bag that I am sure feels very comfortable. It's not revolutionary, it's just a good bag. They weren't the first to create a new layout for dg backpacks, simians stool set-up was. It's not the most innovative when it comes to comfort, mahal over hauled that entire idea. There just a good bag who's maker seems to have delusions of grandeur.

Sounds like you are trying to attack the grip bag to me, but thats probably just because you are trying to make yourself believe that this bag is not a copy of the grip with a few added bells and whistles.

And I'm done with this thread. No point of trying to reason with people that can't be reasoned with.

Sounds like you are trying to attack the grip bag to me, but thats probably just because you are trying to make yourself believe that this bag is not a copy of the grip with a few added bells and whistles.

And I'm done with this thread. No point of trying to reason with people that can't be reasoned with.

I didn't purchase the grip because it didn't fit my storage needs. This bag might. Im not saying this bag isn't a copy of the grip as much as I am saying it isn't any more so than every other bag. If voodoo comes out with a backpack tomorrow it's going to look a hell of a lot like one of the backpacks out now.

The grip Facebook thing sounds like they are saying "we're the first one ever to design a backpack for dg and anything after us is a rip off" both claims are inaccurate.

I've not said anything bad about the grip bag, you wouldn't think I was attacking them if you weren't so emotionally attached to this for some reason.

Latest posts