• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Saw this while looking at the PDGA tech specs today.

JOKERi is a versatile putt and approach disc that is stable enough for long and hard throws as well. Its plastic can be compared to Latitude 64's Zero and its stability to Innova's KC Pro Aviar.

pd_jokeri__sin_frisbeepoint.jpg

prodiscus_jokeri_sivu_frisbeepoint.jpg

So I'm looking at you Finnish crew. What is the verdict? Good disc? Bad disc?

I have four (2x174 white, 2x173 blue). I putt with them daily and been out on the field with them once. The plastic feels fan-bleeding-tastic IMHO, very very grippy. Very much like the Zero plastic used in Pures (dare I say a bit stiffer?). The top is really flat (which I like) and they're lower profile than Aviars (which I REALLY like). It was cold and slippery when I tested them on the field so I don't have a clear view of how they fly yet, but I liked what I saw very much. They seemed very reliable. My throws weren't all that clean but they didn't even try to turn at around ~260' distance (like I said, cold and slippery), and had a reliable fade. I do need to experiment more, but these will most likely go into my bag with the IONs for three reasons: 1. More fade. 2. Flat and probably more wind resistant when putting. 3. From start to finish Finnish. =)

I've heard others compare the flight to BB Aviars. I've only thrown BB Aviars once and they were pretty beat up KCs, so I can't comment on that.

hit a tree with one to see if it tacos :) I like the sound of a shallow bb avair. But I'd drive with these and if they're not durable and taco easy, I'll pass

Will do the next time I'm out. Which is probably tomorrow. =)

sounds kinda cool other than the zero line plastic part, (and the name......crazy foreigners :wink: ) zero line is some of the shittier plastic in DG :| i wish latitude would come up with a more DXish blend, some of their molds could be great in a nice stiff KC pro style plastic........Striker, River and Trident come to mind (and obviously the putters).

Well it feels about as stiff and grippy as zero, other than that I have no idea. It's not Zero plastic (at least I've been told that it isn't, Latitude shouldn't have anything to do with Prodiscus as far as I know and have been told), the feel in hand is just similar. I'll tell you tomorrow how it holds up. If I don't go to the course I'll whack in into a wall at least, just for you. ;)

And they usually write the name as JOKERi, which should give you an idea what it means, if it didn't already. =)

My white 173 is clovered after little use and it didn't return to perfect form with hot water treatment. Mafa banged a hard putt with it and the rim got dented top to bottom about a sixth of an inch wide to the depth of maybe twentyfifth of an inch.

It is very easy to grip even with small hands because of the low profile and the flat top. It is surprisingly HSS and can take a great rip despite not having a bead. It is fairly fast and long with a dependable and relative to the dependability very moderate fade. It is straighter than KC Aviar and way straighter than Star BB Aviar driver. I haven't done a side by side comparison but think it is longer than either of those because the glide is around the same. Flightwise for driving this is a great putter. What is amazing is that it is at least as good in putting.

If they make another harder plastic version it would be in my bag all year round. Now it is the greatest winter putter. It ain't as straight as the Swan2 but the Swan2 freezes to be a little too stiff and not as grippy when new. So the Swan2 cuts through chains too often. I have worn it some but haven't yet putted with it outside to see if the wearing and getting the plastic softer has helped enough. Both have great grip from shape and the Swan2 is grippy enough for putting and i think with care good enough for drives but is way less HSS and LSS so it would make a better approach disc than a driver.

What to get depends on your needs, preferences, putting style and the need for durability. I have no worries about the durability of the Swan2 and anguish about to softness of the Jokeri. Jokeri mold has tremendous potential as you would expect because it flies better than KC Aviars and that is a lot to say. And the Jokeri does it without a bead. I haven't thrown it in heavy winds often and not all in drives in hard winds. The putts were just fine in fairly hard winds.

I liked how it drives, very straight and doesn't turn over even when thrown hard. As mentioned the plastic is very ZeroLine-like, maybe a hint stiffer. It feels like a bit beefier Pure in hand.

Threw one against a wall today a couple of times. It didn't taco, but it did dent a bit. Pretty much what I'd expect from a baseline plastic disc.

If there was a non baseline kind, I'd probably be tempted to give these a try.

Tried it out on our "field" a few hours ago, the light damage it sustained didn't seem to affect the flight at all.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure these will be released in a more premium plastic at some point.

I am interested in a more premium plastic version of this and hopefully marshall street will get some of these in.

jubuttib said:
Tried it out on our "field" a few hours ago, the light damage it sustained didn't seem to affect the flight at all.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure these will be released in a more premium plastic at some point.

Fingers crossed because i like the design and want to see how it performs and endures in a more durable plastic. It has potential.

I just activated an account with a prodiscus.net email. I hope they are here to talk about this disc b/c I am pretty interested in hearing about it.

Ok,

here is the man behind all this :)

few things first.
- plastic is NOT the same as Latiude uses. That was just first thing I imagine to compare it. That was because there are no name for that yet. So It's similar to Zero plastic but only the grip and what it feels like when you first touch it. It's actually more grippy and maybe little more rubber. The grip is also good in cold weather. And like told when damaged it does not effect on flight.
- also one more durable plastic is done and comes on sale next week. This is compared to Latitude Opto plastic, but only because it's transparent. Flight is same as in basic plastic. So disc is wery stable.

So no names and no final judge what the plastics are about. I used Latitude plastics for telling these because I played with those last years.

JOKERi is the first disc we started to manufacture. There are already 2 drivers ready, but those were too stable, so I may change those a little bit.

web site will be at http://www.prodiscus.fi and you can find us also on facebook under "PRODISCUS"

I'll try to answer all the questions here as well...

If there are companies or persons that are interested or want to know something special. You may contact me with email: kai at prodiscus dot fi

not yet but I can also send straight from here. paypal accepted.
if you know someone that could be interested let them know.

I could not find contact information to marshall from their website

Latest posts