• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter ????

SAxDrc

Birdie Member
putter suggestion

I have been using a 180g Star Aero since I started playing about 4 years ago. I wanted to try something that has less glide but around the same stability. I purchased a dx dart and a "medium" Voodoo, both 175 grams. (I hate soft putters, the harder the better).

How will these compare the my Aero? Any other suggestions for me to try?

Do you mean inside the circle, drives, approaches, all of the above?? I've never thrown an Aero so can't help there but inside the circle 10 different putters should act about the same

Do you mean inside the circle, drives, approaches, all of the above?? I've never thrown an Aero so can't help there but inside the circle 10 different putters should act about the same

Mostly approaches and inside the circle. I've found that I can't control the Aero at all in any wind and I'm hoping that a disc with less glide will help. But I might/probably just suck.

If your having troubles in the wind try a Rhyno I keep one in my bag mostly for windy conditions.

I really like Challengers and Aviars.
Another very popular and stable putter is the Gateway Wizard.
I also really like the feel of the discmania P2- advertised as a stable putter but I have never thrown.

My Organic Wizard doesn't have much glide and its pretty hard.

you may want to try the Classic Aviar. They're all stiff as a board and have a "neutral" flight IIRC. You could also try the polecat Ò.Ó

New Putter

I am looking for a new putter. I currently throw a 176g Star Aero and I've liked it for a while but I'm not getting as consistent results with it as I was at first and am starting to not like the feel of it. The first putter I had was a 171g star beadless Aviar and I hated that putter. I got this Aero because I like the weight and the size of it and I was making putts with it that I wasn't making with my Aviar but now I'm starting to regress and I've been working on my putting a lot lately. Anywho I'm just looking for suggestions for putter that you think I will like. I was looking at the MVP putters as well as some Lat. 64 like the Pure and the Mercy. I just want a straight putter in a firm but grippy plastic.

deep?
shallow?
beaded?

there are lots out there
and people will need to know more to help you narrow this down

edit:
I used to use soft Ions and I think they are decent
they are somewhat shallow but with a bead

if you don't like the bead you may try an Anode

I am now using a TM2 Pure...which I really like
very grippy, really straight, less fade than the Ion

SEARCH. sorry man there is a ton of threads on putters. Just look at the first 5 pages that should answer your question.

way to subjective all you are gonna get is i use x putter and its the best. Have to try out a few before you dial one in. go to the store and throw what feels best in your hand. /thread

im fairly new and unfamiliar with a lot of the specific terminology. what do you mean deep or shallow? and what is a bead? i think i know what it is but i may be wrong.
i really just want some guidelines and some suggestions for when i go out to the shop and look

I'm referring to profile...how high the disc sits...this will be what MrG is referring to when he talks about what feels best

a bead is on the bottom of the rim of the disc...if you looked at an Ion you saw a bead

ok thats what i thought a bead was. i do like the bead or at least the feel of it in my hand. im not sure as far as deep or shallow goes. the only putters ive tried are a banger gt (soft and regular) which i didnt care for, a beat dx polecat which was good for short putts but nothing very long. and then the aviar and aero.

If u like a bead u might try a Yeti Pro Aviar, I personally love the way they glide and the concave profile

I second the Yeti Pro. I like a putter with a firm rim and the disc feels very comfortable in my hand.

You might but want to go to your local shop and hold the Yeti Pro, KC Pro, and JK Pro...just see which one feels more comfortable for you and give it a shot.