• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Quest AT - The Odyssey Series

Donovan

Longview Disc Golf Association (TX)
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I am curious to what people thin and feel about the Odyssey Series from Quest AT.

I just bought the Long Range Driver and the Ultra Long Range Driver. They just came today from Disc Golf Center. I find the 2-piece construction comfortable, but have not yet thrown these.

How do you guys like these and what do you think of the rest of the series, as in, the Approach, the Mid, and the Putter?

Good question. I threw some of these, but it's getting to be a few years ago. They flew fine, but nothing completely unique. It's not like they were longer and straighter than anything I could find from another manufacturer, which is what the hype was. But I'm sure you could play a round with that series and only need a disc like a Firebird or Predator to complete you bag.

The trick would be durability. Since Quest's SRP plastic is total dung, I'd expect them to not last very long. But I don't know that, I'm just guessing. Let us know.

I used to have the Ultra Long Range driver but the rim was kind of thin and my fingers had a tendency to slip.

Is the Ultra Long-Range Driver approved? I was going to compare the numbers on it to the Inferno since I heard they were the same mold, but the Ultra Long-Range Driver was not on the approved list.

The disc itself has PDGA approved on it (The 3 I have do) . They have been out for several years now so for it to go under the radar seems a little odd to me. I also do not find it on the approved list. As far as I am concerned it's approved. I can't help that the PDGA is making this $h!t up as they go!

Yeah, you know, the approval thing seems like a day by day kind of thing. I know they don't make these decisions that often, but it sure feels like it from a player's stand point. All the ones I just got have PDGA Approved right in the mold also. I have not heard very much about them so that is why I was asking about them. I won't get to throw them for another day or so. I may go look up the reviews on the disc review site, but I was just curious about how this group feels about them.

I was wrong, the Inferno is a one-piece Power Driver.

Stolen from the PDGA Discussion Board:
Anyone have experience with the Quest Odyssey Ultra Long Range Driver?

Reply from Dave McCormick at GDS:
Of course,
they go far especially for players who throw around 40 mph.
The Odyssey line was originally developed for new players as a set that could be sold to the big box retailers.
This is only the beginning of what can be done with overmolding.
Weight distribution and surface technologies are performance enhancing features that can make up distance that can only be acquired by strength!
While helping Steve at Quest develop his line of discs I made prototypes of overmolded screams and scream DT's in his shop that have S in the flight plate and E in the wing.\
These prototypes do not have an inner rim and the 2 polymers are bonded into the wing not the flight plate!
Ive seen a girl that could only throw 100 feet throw 250, these technologies are truly amazing, especially for players who need extra distance!

That is great info, now just to test it out. ;)

Latest posts