• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quest Odyssey Discs

RallySoob

Par Member
I found a Quest Odyssey Ultra Long Range Driver the other day and started throwing it. It has an overmolded grip and is made from 2 different plastics. It floats really well and I found the overmold makes for a much better grip which for me makes the disc easier to control. The outer mold is really rubbery, lots of grip. The clear portion in the middle is like champion plastic but much more rigid and seems to be about twice as thick. They claim this disc uses some type of new gyroscopic disc technology to fly 'better'.

So why are these so much cheaper than innova or discraft? I feel like it's a better disc and for me has been; the first drive I took with it I almost hit the pin at 270ft. I'm in the process of ordering the whole line of odyseey style discs. I think they offer 5 of them... I might try their dimple technology out too. The 'Rock-it' that is based on the Roc with dimples on the underside looks really nice.

Any1 have feedback on these?

http://www.sunkingdiscs.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1355

odyuldriverylw.jpg

odyctldriverred.jpg

odypwrdriverred.jpg

odyputtergrn.jpg

Last edited:
i really like the ultra long range disc because i can control it quite well. i paid 10 for both of mine. i think the cost is in between innovas, only because they only have the one mold.

sunking discs is offering a mix and match of 5 Advanced Technoligies discs, any 5, for $35. That's pretty darn good deal considering you can spend that much or more on 2 Innova Drivers. I myself have spent far too much loot on discs that I dont have the skills to use.. the Odyssey is just easy to throw, I cant quit harping about how much more control I get with the quest.

Try a Rock-it, you might like it. It has a much wider leading edge than a Roc though and I would consider it a shorter range disc...maybe 150' or less...much like a putter but a nice straight flight.

I have gotten a bird from about 100' with mine...previous record was maybe 40-50' tops.

It is the kind of disc where if you are not quite putting range but way too close for a mid you might want in the bag.

Maybe a mix between an aviar and a roc.

BTW Marshall Street had X-out Rock-its for $5 but they appear to be gone now.

I like the Odyssey discs! The Long Range Power Driver is an overstable disc, flies straight with a good rip with a nice size fade at end of flight. The Mid-range is a bit too understable for me, but I like using it for a putter because it's rubbery. The Control Driver is a solid mid-range and the putter is great.

I love my Rock-It! This disc is a small diameter disc with a great grip. It's durable and has a nice slow understable turn to it, similar to a Comet.

I found one of those long range drivers on a course before. Gave it a toss but didn't really care for it. Found it to be way to stiff for my liking.

I had a rock-it and got rid of it quite quickly. It was very understable.

I got an Odyssey midrange as my first tournament prize. Its more of a momento, as I've never thrown it.

Latest posts