• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

question on stamp removal.

KFrad

Birdie Member
I just ordered a red cryztal buzz with a dirty dozen tour stamp. I was thinking of removing the stamp with acetone.

Will acetone damage the cryztal plastic?

not if you wash it after you do it. and go easy on the removal of the stamp. use a damp paper towel and don't press too hard, just wipe gently...cause i don't care what other people say, you can scratch a disc with a paper towel

thanks for the quick reply. I only got cheap, scratchy paper towel. got some large cotton balls. will those work?

i've used TP in a bind...but i usually just use a 1/4 of a paper towel and soak it in the acetone. the more saturated the towel, less chance of the stamp color soaking into the plastic :D

after i use acetone, i also hit it with some goo-gone, it helps make the surface super clean and smooth for dyeing. when i don't use the goo gone, i find that sometimes the tiny scratches from the paper towel can look different than the smooth spots when the dye is on there. it's duller where the disc is scratched just a little bit

I recommend using cotton balls. Like ap said,paper towels as well as other rags wil scratch and haze up the blastic. I usually soak 3 cotton balls, first one to soften the stamp,2nd to remove stamp,and 3rd to clean up any residue left over from the stamp. Then I wash it with mild dish detergent and water.then is ready to dye. I've used rubbing alcohol and nail polish remover(with acetone) before and I get the same results but takes a lil elbow grease. Get some acetone and cotton balls and ull be set. It won't cost no more than 10 bucks for both items in a good size

You can also use acetone free nail polish remover. I haven't used straight acetone yet but the nail polish remover is cheap and you might just have to do a two step removal depending on much of the stamp you want removed. I should have a new dye on here in a couple days that will depending on the photo may show what one wipe down will do with the remover.

I use microfiber cloths. They are soft, soak up acetone and can be re-washed keeping the landfill a little less crowded. Peebz is right you can scratch with a paper towel and a cloth if you rub too hard. I don't think using gasoline is a good idea. Anyone tried the goo gone plant power? That stuff is the shiz. It works great on goo.

Latest posts