• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quitting Team Trilogy

I don't honestly understand how people can say Innova doesn't do anything to grow the sport. To my knowledge they are the only disc manufacturer that contributes financially to the EDGE or a similar non-profit that aims to teach kids about disc golf. They sold baskets at cost for many years so park departments would be more likely to install a disc golf course. They have built many courses in Europe the past couple of years with their Disc Golf Park concept. They have financially supported the two tournaments that were broadcast live on national TV. They run the USDGC at a budget far higher than any benefits that they receive from sponsoring it. Innova is the reason the sport has grown so much. I wish people would give them the credit they deserve instead of trashing them.

I believe I was the only one "hating" on Innova and I wasn't hating, I was asking what they have done lately. So first, thanks for answering the question. The reason I asked in the first place was because Latitude putting money into the sport in Europe was being used as a negative mark against them. The irony of an American company also putting money into the sport in Europe just makes that guys statements that much more hilarious.

Wow, hell must be freezing over.

I agree with BM on something.
Kind of how I felt agreeing w/In4D. Well, that and like I needed to go shower. :D

post-21721-Jim-Carrey-plunger-gif-Einhorn-vGMp.gif

The whining in here is right on par with the usual DGCR threads. :clap:

LOL. arguing about premier plastic. For fear of sounding cliche.... first world problems.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

Also, people in this thread need to stop stating that team trilogy is a sponsorship. One of the first things they tell you on the sign-up page is something to the effect of "this does not mean you are trilogy sponsored." All team trilogy does is allow the members to receive exclusive offers... I'm not a member but I assume possibly they refer to new merch and/or discs. They don't give you anything. There is nothing wrong with people wanting to join team trilogy IMO. They make some good discs. Pride, ego, **** you.

Lol. I wasn't threatening a bitch slapping. I saw a cowboy down here do it. Straight backhand with his deer skin work glove on. It was ferocious and completely called for. The guy threw down a beer can and said f Texas.

He didn't even fight back, just got up off the ground and walked back to his car. Pretty sure he wet himself as well.

Back on topic; I see the team trilogy as a farm system. Why not sponsor someone you already know throws all trilogy well?

So its OK to hit people if they don't like your state?

Riiiight.

Riiiight.

Lol. When I moved here years ago, I was shocked at how much pride these Texans actually have in their big ol' state. These guys are serious when they say don't mess with Texas lol. It all seems contrived and juvenile to me.

I'm originally from Georgia, so I've often been teased in the past..something along the lines of, "You ain't from the south, Texas is the south bub!" Apparently they don't teach U.S. history around here either. :|

Both Mexico and the US would be much better off if Texas would just secede and annex Mexico. They could change the name to Texico and everybody would be happy.

Riiiight.

If your drunk in public, throw your beer can down(litter), and say f Texas at the same time, I don't see why a little bitch slapping is a bad thing.

It's not even the disrespect to Texas, its the disrespect in general.

To the texico joker. You obviously don't know anything about the us economy. We could have seceded a couple years ago and it would have hurt you more than us. Now we are hooked into the main power grid because we are idiots.

I see many ppl make this mistake and I did too in my life. They read into the disc descriptions and ratings and believe them. Then they also buy 50+ discs and never learn how to truly throw them or how they realistically fly. I made that mistake before and you learn from it. No one carries 30 different types of drivers and is an expert on how each flies. Find 1 stable, 1 overstable and, and 1 Understable driver you love and then buy different weights and plastics. I carry 6 bosses all totally different from each other. Some are OS, then my lighter beat in ones are Understable. If you buy multiples of the same mold at different weights you'll have a disc for any situation and have a consistent feel of the disc in your hands. Then find a OS disc for heavy wind curve shots, and an under for annys

seems like quite a bit of rules just to get a discount on some discs

Discipline Protocols for Team Trilogy Members

The following guidelines will be followed by Area Representatives (hereafter Rep) in case of Team Member misconduct (hereafter Member). No suspensions of a Member should occur without approval from at least two other Reps. All future consequences should be given to the offending player to make them aware of what is coming if they continue to be a problem.

Minor Infractions:

Including but not limited to: Improper posting on Team Trilogy Members page, excessive emails to Reps or other players, "888" at a tournament (this is an automatic deduction of points), and similar annoying but minor infractions.

Offense#
1.Posts removed if the Member doesn't respond, and first warning.
2.Second warning and reminder of possible future consequences.
3.Loss of 25 Trilogy competition points.
4.Ineligible for competition points for four (4) weeks.
5.Six (6) months probation. Member is ineligible for Trilogy competition points during probation.
6.Two choices;
■If during probation period: discussion with Reps and suspension from team for a minimum of three (3) months.
■If after probation period: automatic twelve (12) month probation. Member is ineligible for Team competition points during probation. Possible suspension from team depending on severity, as determined by Reps.

Moderate Infractions:

Including, but not limited to: Inflammatory posting on the Team and/or Fan pages, arguing with another Team Member or Rep, any situation in direct violation of the three (3) requirements of joining the Team.
1.In the case of infractions that occur in Social Media, the first Rep available will take a screenshot, remove the post and send a message to the Member notifying them of the action, and that their Rep has been notified and will be in contact with them.
■The Rep present will email the regional rep, notifying them of the issue and including the screenshot.
■The Member will be subject to suspension of team points for up to four (4) weeks, depending on the seriousness of the post(s).
■The Member will receive a warning that similar issues may result in a six (6) month suspension from the team.
2.In the case of infractions that occur outside of Social Media (ie. on the course, or at a tournament);
■The Rep will email the other Reps, notifying them of the issue.
■The Member will be subject to suspension of team points for up to four (4) weeks, depending on the seriousness of the infraction.
■The Member will receive a warning that similar issues may result in a six (6) month suspension from the team.
3.Any subsequent Moderate Infraction, whether on or off Social Media, will be reviewed by all of the Reps, and consensus will be made regarding Member suspension;
■At a minimum, the Member is not suspended but will sacrifice all Team competition points earned to date.
■The maximum penalty for a subsequent Moderate Infraction is a six (6) month probation from the Team.
4.In any case of continued Moderate Infractions;
■If during a probation period: Online infractions are immediately removed by a Rep. The Member is suspended from the Team.
■If after a probation period: The Member receives twelve (12) months probation and is ineligible for Team competition points for the remainder of the season.
■Reps may suspend a Member for continued Moderate Infractions if a unanimous consensus is reached.

Serious Infractions:

Including but not limited to: Attacking one of the three Trilogy companies (Latitude 64, Dynamic Discs,Westside Discs) in a public setting, suspension by the PDGA, report of misconduct by a Tournament Director or Trilogy Company employee or anything else deemed flagrant by a Rep.
1.In the case of infractions that occur in Social Media, the first Rep available will take a screenshot and immediately remove the post.
■The Member will automatically be ineligible from Team competition points.
■The Member will be contacted by a Rep to discuss the situation.
■After consultation, the Reps will decide on the applicable penalty, which may involve, but is not limited to, probation or suspension.
2.Any subsequent Serious Infraction by a Member will result in automatic suspension from the Team for minimum of six (6) months.

Disclaimers:

The Reps, as a group, reserve the right to bypass the protocol listed above and suspend a Member if they unanimously determine that the Member has committed multiple infractions to intentionally affect the team in a negative manner.

Last edited:
seems like quite a bit of rules just to get a discount on some discs

Just a note that that is not current accurate information; those 'protocols' are not in place. any 'issues' with members are handled on a case by case basis ... you can find current info at www.teamtrilogy.org

Last edited:

Latest posts