• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] R419B and 420B testers

Other way around, it doesn't hit distance driver distances for me, but is a very useful disc for mid and fairway windy shots.

I guess I only said that because you said it does not really compare to an Ape or Nuke OS so that would mean it's probably not massively overstable like those two discs.

Asian Guy let me flick the overstable one yesterday, i threw it on a little hyzer and it wanted to flip up, it is just insanely over stable, I can get a seasoned firebird to flip up with my flick, so you can use that as an indication of how over stable this monster is....I like it a lot

Wow now THAT sounds like a MODD. Well maybe it's not an Ape but I'd take an XCaliber or Force! Those are still very overstable.

I guess I only said that because you said it does not really compare to an Ape or Nuke OS so that would mean it's probably not massively overstable like those two discs.

I think the comparison part was from the guy talking about the rampage. I remember throwing an ape further than the 420, nuke OS I've never had the opportunity to throw. My closest comparison was my XXX, I could only get it about as far as it backhand but flew much faster. Forehand it loved the extra torque flies nice n straight with that same meat hook fade.

Last edited:
I think the comparison part was from the guy talking about the rampage. I remember throwing an ape further than the 420, nuke OS I've never had the opportunity to throw. My closest comparison was my XXX, I could only get it about as far as it backhand but flew much faster. Forehand it loved the extra torque flies nice n straight with that same meat hook fade.

Thanks for the clarification sir. You're making it sound pretty similar to an Ape which would be EPIC. Sounds like it's a faster XXX which still is a very beefy disc itself.

Received the R420B yesterday, really excited and semi-bummed at the same time thinking I only got one of the protos to test out. I threw it around today, and it is really OS. I have not thrown a Nuke OS, or Ape, but it is similar to my Flick, only faster. RHBH I was able to get about 290 according to the baseball field I was throwing in. I never [never!] throw forehand, but I thought I would give it a try and was able to get about 260, and on a rope when I released with anhyzer. I did not get to test it as much as I would have liked today, and it looks like the next opening will not be til Monday afternoon.

Checked mail on the way home from a busy day, and the R419 was there! If you have only received 1, be on the lookout!

INLgqV1lSslLa17Agat8E1i41EazKBg8zh1db7Fn51v8=w396-h223-p-no

Red = R419 Blue = R420

vTKKlvfbYuWi7C8UcnTFevADM2Zh9Yw67Fu_jKvEyDV4=w396-h223-p-no

g2iFN07YG7HfbPnmSqJiE8x-UqsJ4te5eGzgzrS5vzHF=w395-h223-p-no

wGoSiwymkJcwIyyEK6jOW0LgSMicH9jTVYPysi4tlFMW=w367-h207-p-no

nStBJ-EwSK-B0dFJ1CM9vErvGl2UCQI58UNebM5nVHra=w367-h207-p-no

The flight plate is caved in, probably unintentional. I have not thrown this yet, so I am not sure how it will affect flight.

Received the R420B yesterday, really excited and semi-bummed at the same time thinking I only got one of the protos to test out. I threw it around today, and it is really OS. I have not thrown a Nuke OS, or Ape, but it is similar to my Flick, only faster. RHBH I was able to get about 290 according to the baseball field I was throwing in. I never [never!] throw forehand, but I thought I would give it a try and was able to get about 260, and on a rope when I released with anhyzer. I did not get to test it as much as I would have liked today, and it looks like the next opening will not be til Monday afternoon.

Checked mail on the way home from a busy day, and the R419 was there! If you have only received 1, be on the lookout!

INLgqV1lSslLa17Agat8E1i41EazKBg8zh1db7Fn51v8=w396-h223-p-no

Red = R419 Blue = R420

vTKKlvfbYuWi7C8UcnTFevADM2Zh9Yw67Fu_jKvEyDV4=w396-h223-p-no

g2iFN07YG7HfbPnmSqJiE8x-UqsJ4te5eGzgzrS5vzHF=w395-h223-p-no

wGoSiwymkJcwIyyEK6jOW0LgSMicH9jTVYPysi4tlFMW=w367-h207-p-no

nStBJ-EwSK-B0dFJ1CM9vErvGl2UCQI58UNebM5nVHra=w367-h207-p-no

The flight plate is caved in, probably unintentional. I have not thrown this yet, so I am not sure how it will affect flight.

I hope the same is true for me and that mine comes early this next week!

To fix that dome, put the disc in the microwave with a toothpick under the rim to allow air to flow. Microwave the disc on [HIGH] for 60 seconds. Remove it and set it on the countertop (or some other perfectly flat object) to let cool. Cooling usually takes about 10 minutes or so.

Thank you testers for all the pics and feedback on the new discs! Wish so much I was a tester but it's nice having people posting a lot of good info on the discs. It seems like the R420 will be a solid wind-fighting DD for the Vibram line-up.

Got Mine

-------.jpg

419B on the left, 420B on the right. 168 and 171 respectively.

Hoping to get out and test them tomorrow!

Is your 420s dome have a weird shape to it? Kinda lumpy in spots?

When I got it, it was really flat, and smooth across the top. After being thrown about 30 times by my son and I, it has a slight ripple on top, but nothing to crazy. Tomorrow will be my "real" testing day. I am also hoping to meet up with some guys in our local club that can give it a toss so I can get their opinions, and see how they sling it.

420 is more overstable than a nuke os and 100 times more os than an ape. Its pretty much a bit faster new run firebird. The 419 is complete junk, its like a wahoo. The thing is massively under stable. Throw it on a hyzer at 100 feet in the air and it still turns into a roller.

420 is more overstable than a nuke os and 100 times more os than an ape. Its pretty much a bit faster new run firebird. The 419 is complete junk, its like a wahoo. The thing is massively under stable. Throw it on a hyzer at 100 feet in the air and it still turns into a roller.

We either got different runs or you have some OAT that leads to more turn or something (I'm imagining it's the former).

My 420 is unusable - it's like an XXX or something to me. Goes 75+ feet shorter than my Laces or my 419. My 419 will turn from flat and hold that to the ground if you throw it low, or will softly flex back if you give it a little height. Feels a bit like a faster Avenger SS. Going about 20 feet farther consistently than my Laces (which I like quite a bit).

Would a good comparison for the 420 be an Innova Monster? It is one of three non Vibram still in My bag. I would be glad to unload all my pearly monsters for some nice flexy Vibram MODD if it could fill that slot.

Would a good comparison for the 420 be an Innova Monster? It is one of three non Vibram still in My bag. I would be glad to unload all my pearly monsters for some nice flexy Vibram MODD if it could fill that slot.

I would say yes, when my other Team Pandamonium buddy got the tester discs in the mail me and him both tried them right away. he first thing he said was how much the 420 reminded him of the monster, in flight and appearance.

I would say yes, when my other Team Pandamonium buddy got the tester discs in the mail me and him both tried them right away. he first thing he said was how much the 420 reminded him of the monster, in flight and appearance.

You wouldn't say the R420 is faster than a Monster (10 speed) though? Not as fast as the Nuke OS/Ape (13 speed)?

Latest posts