• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Rare PIAS Finds

Heat gun, a little overkill for a sticker! Just melt the whole disc, haha.

We all have our stupid moments in life. I put a couple really dirty discs in the dish washer to see how it would work. Too HOT. They didn't come out totally ruined but the stamps wore off and the PLH changed some.

Dishwasher = Too hot and powerful for cleaning discs.

Dishwasher is safe for champ plastic only in my experience. MY KC rocs camer out stamp free, but the last time I washed a 12x teebird and a champ valk, they came out feeling nice and worn in!

I did a Star and Pro. It's not the worst thing ever. The plastic did feel worn in a lot but they were already beat to snot. Maybe I'll try a Champ sometime.

You couldn't have just used hot water and soap?

LOL No, these were some tenacious stickers! I can't imagine why they use those. I tried soaking them first, but you still could only scrape fingernail sized pieces off forever. I got away with the heat gun on the premium plastic and probably would have been ok for the DX disc I ruined, but I lingered on one spot just a wee bit long and made plastic flow. Even after softening with heat and peeling I needed acetone to get the rest of the glue off. Even WD-40 (my default solvent) wouldn't cut it. I was pretty sure MEK would be hostile to any plastic.:D

Dishwasher = Too hot and powerful for cleaning discs.

I have used my DW several times with no ill effect. I only put a tiny amount of detergent in and use the mildest cycle with no heat-dry. No change in discs or fading of stamps so far.

I go in to pias often and the same guy is working every time. I always feel awkward going in there and I'm pretty sure that he thinks I'm crazy, but that's not the topic matter. My brother found a chains Aviar when he first started, but he didn't have a clue what it was worth. He got it for $2. I found a 10/10 '08 west Sayeed usdgc roc for $14. And on the same day, I found a San Marino kc Aviar for $5. Some guy dumped his whole collection off that day. Since then, I haven't seen anything worth snatching up.

I use Goo Gone to get rid of sticky stickers. Just put some on, let it sit for a bit, and they peel right off. You just have to wash with dish soap or something afterwards to get rid of the oily feeling.

I have used my DW several times with no ill effect. I only put a tiny amount of detergent in and use the mildest cycle with no heat-dry. No change in discs or fading of stamps so far.

Yeah my dishwasher is 20+ years old, no options really otherwise I would have used them. Would be cool to be able to use it though.

Not PIAS - but Gotta Go Gotta Throw has used discs now. I figured this would be an ok thread to post it in.

Nothing too great but at $4 each I couldn't pass them up. Ontario Rhyno and cool rainbow stamped Destroyer pre-numbers. One chunk missing but feels like a really nice run of Dx.

2w3yp81.jpg

213njih.jpg

Haha I suck at putting pictures up on here.

Its just one of those things as I always say, you never know when someone will walk into the store to hit it up. The time I stop at one I envision getting something good at, I get nothing but then when I think about passing another I have got zilch at the past 20x, I find a few good discs. With discs like these its all luck because guaranteed they are gone within 5-10 hrs of the stores open hours.

So I really just have to end up going all the time. I guess I live near one and there's one out by my work. This summer I'll have to just go to both frequently. One doesn't even have anything right now and the other is really thin though. Makes it depressing to walk in to honestly - $22 for a M3? No thanks.

Made two trips to a local PIAS this week and picked up quite a bit. I'm not sure exactly how desirable these are - any assistance would be welcome.

11x KC Pro Gazelle
11x KC Pro Roc
What I have been told are first run sidewinders
Goblin (first run?)
1999 PDGA National Doubles disc - LS on back? Leopard?
Two discs from the 1997 PDGA National Doubles - 1 is an LS 1.2 and the other LF 1.2
Champion Beast (pre-barry?)
Collector disc #2 from 2009 Worlds
LF 1.1
Pro Wraith
Champion Stingray

365242d9-21bd-4f3e-9287-abb3efc8e21f_zpsbb5eccdb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

All of these were marked as used discs, although nearly all of them are 10/10.

A couple (stingray, wraith, beast) I got to throw, the 2009 worlds disc because I liked the stamp, and the rest because I thought they might have some value.

Hey gdub58, that green disc ("Collector disc #2 from 2009 Worlds") has one of the prettiest stamps I've ever seen. Which PIAS do you go to? I generally don't, but might have to hit up one of those joints near my work in Madisonville! Nice haul! :clap:

I'd consider selling most of what I found.

What would you offer? It's 175, doesn't look like it has ever been thrown, gold stamp.

Latest posts