• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rattler, Putt'r, Polecat, Birdie..... a.k.a "the lid thread"

Frank Delicious said:
mattw said:
Spinners On The Green is out of the UV Rattlers. They are going to try and get Discraft to do another run. They took my name and number asked my how many I would like. They hope to have an answer from Discraft in a couple of weeks. Side note they are very friendly and helpfull on the phone.

Well I'm sure glad they stopped emailing me after saying they would sell me two on monday.

Well now you make me feel bad about posting the customer service comment. :oops:

I agree with mattw on the customer service,I thought Ashley was very helpful on the phone. I emailed the shop as well but felt that I rarely even check my own inbox, so I decided to just call as well. This was yesterday, and now I am glad I did, these things flew off the shelf. Is there a number on the run of how many were made? Pretty cool I think that BIG D is making discs that are catering to the RATTLER fanbase. I have not been this stoked for a disc purchase since I found a stack of first run esp comets for 10 apiece at a local store. Also of all the molds how did the Rattler get picked for such a run?

Punisher said:
Picked up 5 of the soft Black Rattlers from DD cant wait to try these things out, they told me that they only had about 10 when I was orderding mine.
Did you get 5 for you or some for elliot? I changed my mind if you have an extra id like to buy it, if not its cool

Roc Lover said:
Punisher said:
Picked up 5 of the soft Black Rattlers from DD cant wait to try these things out, they told me that they only had about 10 when I was orderding mine.
Did you get 5 for you or some for elliot? I changed my mind if you have an extra id like to buy it, if not its cool
Bought 4 for me and 1 for Elliot. I might sell you one I'm not sure yet I'm going to test these out and see how they do. The plastic is weird it's very tacky and almost rubbery feeling.

Got my 2 uvrs in the mail today. I am really liking the way these feel, good and grippy and a nice velvet feel like my Robin egg pro d. All in all a very nice run of rattles but then again I love all rattles.

Roc Lover said:
Hmm, is it pretty ridgid still?

Also, did the UV come in?

No it's pretty soft and can bend it really easy if I wanted to. I already have a thumb indention on it from throwing pop shots today and no the UV's did not come in today hopefully tomorrow. I didn't know if I like the plastic on the black Rattlers a first but after throwing them a bunch at Russ's they will definitely find a spot in my bag.

After throwing the uvr a few days now. I have to say that it is a great putter and I really like the plastic it's molded in. Feels to me like gateways sss plastic but only in my favorite mold, the color change in the plastic is really not all that vibrant as I was anticipating but it is alright. It definitely makes up in feel and I am beating it up nicely getting good and gouged up, overall very happy with it. Any reports on the all black rattler?

I like the UV Rattler, it feels great but I don't know if it feels 15 dollars great, when you could buy a regular run online for 7-8 dollars. Also the color changing sucks I was expecting to act like my UV Ultra-Star where it goes from white to pink-purple. The Rattler you can barely tell the difference in color changes. I bought a white one last week and it almost feels the same and only paid 8 for it. The black rattlers on the other hand are worth every penny. They fly great and feel even better, very very tacky and flexible. I bought all my in the 165-168 range and they glide so effortlessly. The Black Rattler grabs the chains really well. They are also great to play catch to warm up the soft plastic does not hurt your hands like some of the harder Pro-D does. This is by far the best lid I have ever thrown. My question is does anybody know why the Black Rattler does not have any tooling on the rim like the others?

The black rattler def feels better than the UV. That is not to say the UV feels bad, just the tacky softness of the black one feels ultra good.

Frank Delicious said:
The black rattler def feels better than the UV. That is not to say the UV feels bad, just the tacky softness of the black one feels ultra good.
Agreed. What weight did you order I was wonder how the heavier ones flew compared to the lighter ones.

I found mine surprisingly stable, although I don't have much experience with D Rattlers. The black plastic is flexy, holds up fairly well, and grips way better than DX or D. It's kind of sticky. I love mine for putting, actually.

Little disappointed that my uv rattlers never really changed color, did anyone who bought any notice this as well? Anyway really have been enjoying the X putt'rs as of late. This disc gives me so much confidence from 30 feet and in, even with wind. I am now on a search for a practice stack of X's. I alsoam wondering if there is anyone who has seen or has a cryztal z putt'r?