• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] REAL Ti pics

I bet with the correct angle, speed, and technique; you could throw a penny further than a quarter. Less surface, so less wind resistance. But your analogy is off because you originally were talking about the same molds just at different weights, where pennies and quarters are totally different sizes, textures, weights, and material. But, however you want your logic to work, it doesn't change the fact that lighter discs (for most players) allow more distance but less control and reliablity. When I started playing, some of the local pros kept saying, "max weight, have to buy max weight." Which, I listened to. And I'm sure for guys that throw 400' and have their form down to a T, max weight has the heft, stability, and momentum to be a better disc. That's why you won't see any touring pros throwing blizzard.

I think one of the great things about disc technology is that there is no black and white, better than everything, mold/plastic/technology. MVP's Gyro might create the best putter you've ever used, or Lat glide makes you giddy after every tee shot. Or it doesn't. Blizzard discs may fly further than anything you've ever thrown. Or they don't. Yes, we use physics and math extensively in our sport. But any engineer knows the extent that variables affect the outcome. The more variables, the wider the results. When you have thousands and thousands of players, where no two are the same combination of height, weight, movement, power, etc. then it's impossible to write down things like "max weight is better." or "Blizzard goes further."

So just try everything, find your best stuff, and have fun listening to the chains. It's really that simple. Not sure why so many people want to have a litter of kittens every time someone questions their science.

Back on topic! Got this pretty little sunburst orange Stalker yesterday. It may be as slick and pearly as some of my Lat stuff. The burst spokes are definitely cool.

Attachments

• tistalker.jpg
    tistalker.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 62
i got my stalker and buzzz yesterday and have been pretty with them. the buzzz is less stable then their Z counterpart. not flippy, but dosent really like a lot of power. the stalkers are pretty beefy for a stalker, and the profile of the mold actually looks a little different too. i dig the plastic, i think it feels great.

Tistalker.jpg

i heard "colorshift Ti" already in the MP. Is it actually colorshift, or just more people not knowing what the f#$k colorshift it? Does it...SHIFT COLOR...when you look at it from an angle? Cause if it doesn't, then it's not f#$king colorshift... :D I'm sad to hear they're not on the more stable side...but oddly, I'm not suprised...Gold Line is generally less stable than Opto....
EDIT: That's a very purdy Stalker...too bad I don't throw them anymore...

There is a big deiiference between complaining and observing. No one is complaining necessarily, just sharing observations. This is a new plastic, may take a while to get dialed in, and hopes were really high.

Colorshift stalkers do shift colors. One angle it's green another angle purple.

Not sure about the other colors claimed as colorshift though

Here is a pic of a Ti plastic...

ClubStampBuzzzSS_EarlyTi.jpg

BUT, there's a trick. We (at the St. Louis Disc Golf Club) got a bunch of these in different colors back in Sept. 2011 when our order for the Club Championships came in. We all looked at them and shrugged because they had the "Z" logo on them but didn't really seem like "Z" plastic... but then I just forgot about it.

When I saw an Discraft "Ti" for the first time the other day I realized that it was the same as all those we had seen in Sept 2011.

This pic does poorly to show the metallic appearance of the plastic and the depth... but there you are.

Here is a pic of a Ti plastic...

ClubStampBuzzzSS_EarlyTi.jpg

BUT, there's a trick. We (at the St. Louis Disc Golf Club) got a bunch of these in different colors back in Sept. 2011 when our order for the Club Championships came in. We all looked at them and shrugged because they had the "Z" logo on them but didn't really seem like "Z" plastic... but then I just forgot about it.

When I saw an Discraft "Ti" for the first time the other day I realized that it was the same as all those we had seen in Sept 2011.

This pic does poorly to show the metallic appearance of the plastic and the depth... but there you are.

That just looks like exceptionally pearly Z plastic. Beautiful, no question about it. But I don't think it's the Ti blend.

Eh, maybe... but in person it looks and feels exactly like the Ti's I was looking at. They were silver, red and blue... but pretty much the same. They don't feel like Z, but I'm not an expert.

Carry 3 buzzz's two FLX and a Ti. That Ti seems to fly like an SS for me. Love that thing. Haven't bought the stalker yet, just not a disc I throw. Hoping they come out with the Surge or Nuke Ti. That would definitely lighten my wallet.

Latest posts