• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Rhyno: Why don't more pros use them?

I know there are people with 150-class bags that could be salivating at your find. I know I was surprised at how much more stable the starter set 150 PnAs are than I was expecting.

I have a 153gr Dx Rhyno in my 150 class bag.
Not a bad disc, but it doesn't have the dump of a max weight, flies more like a Wizard with less glide.

in what situations do you throw it?

It's my upshot disc.

I only use it in my break the rut and monotony, and winter fun 150 class bag.

My 150 class bag is the exact same as my regular bag (except for a Jade and Air Escape) just 20-25gr lighter.

I can't think of any use I would have for it in my regular bag though. But it is fun to throw.

Madison Walker apparently could not do without a nice Pro Rhyno https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om3yAuS5iCE

I think the whole fast driving putter thing with zones, envys, harps and aviar3/aviarx3s has really put a hurt on people carrying rhynos. The aforementioned molds are great for BH/FH and fly more dynamically than rhynos.

This being said, the rhyno still holds a really interesting niche of a slow, glideless approach disc that doesn't fade laterally that hard. It used to be I would pretty much 100% approach with a DX rhyno and was able to rely on it.

It's my upshot disc.

I only use it in my break the rut and monotony, and winter fun 150 class bag.

My 150 class bag is the exact same as my regular bag (except for a Jade and Air Escape) just 20-25gr lighter.

I can't think of any use I would have for it in my regular bag though. But it is fun to throw.

I have a jade, they are fun to throw.

Maybe instead of burning this disc, Ill keep it for a 150 class bag. Good idea.

I'd let my 7 yr old nephew use it, and I bet he'd be happy with it.

Side note: 150g or less Polecats are fun to throw, why not the Rhyno, too?

If you live in windy South Dakota, those EDGE type Pole Cats do not work well in winds past 25 Miles Per Hour. I have seen one get Blown away from her putting line due to her putting style when she used the Pole Cats, had that and a 150 gram disc.

Then she Switched to the soft Elite X Putt'r a bit later at nearly max weight, 174-174 but took my broken in white one 175-176 gram one when I gave it to her after I finally stopped using said disc and found Magnets for Putting. She only used the Elite X Putt'r after said disc was broken in by a bit of practice putting, getting that slight concave top to the disc. That or if she needed to break in a Soft Elite X Putt'r quickly she would hard driver putt from very close to the basket to cut down on the time it took to break in the disc significantly.

Sub 150 gram DX Rhynos are for those who can't throw a putter as far as a pro could if driving with a heavier Rhyno.

Last edited:
Probably because the new Champion ones are domey and fly badly compared to board flat ones, like the GStar one I had.

Latest posts