• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Ridiculous sweat man.

And bikinjack can really sweat so he should know.

When it comes to beer, bikes or sweat, trust bikinjack. :thmbup:

For just a moment I thought you wrote "bikinijack". :p

To the OP: you do realize that sweat runs downhill, right? I sweat oodles, so I hook the thumb of my throwing hand high up under my shoulder strap, with the palm loosely open as I walk. With an occasional swipe on shorts, towel, buddy's shirt, etc.

It has all been said above but I'll restate; drink far more water, and carry a climbers chalk ball in a handy climbers chalk bag clipped to your bag. I have one clipped onto my bag for rain rounds and those hot and humid Oklahoma days and it works wonders...

I'm a really sweaty person myself and used to have problems gripping champion type plastic. I switched to Vibram discs and they have amazing grip no matter how sweaty my hands get. You should check some of their discs out. If you want a fix that doesn't involve trying new discs, a rosin bag and towel are your best bet as stated above.

Pretty sure this is one of the grossest threads I have ever read. I think this could be the reason there are so few lady golfers.

I sweat like a whore in church on sunday. I wear a wrist band on my right forearm in the summer which limits the sweat from running from my arm to my hand and use a birdie bag on the little bit of sweat on my palm and it pretty much has done the trick.

Some of you guys that say use a towel don't understand how much my hands sweat, my original sport is tennis and when playing tournaments I'd go through a over wrap ever set or half a set. The rest of me can be bone dry but my hands will sweat. Friggen weird.

I have a power lifting buddy who uses magnesium chalk for lifting when his hands would get sweaty and i tried it out last summer to prevent the same problem. It works great!! Dosnt clump up, dosnt get tacky, and wont get slick and let the disc slip out. It just makes it feel like your hands are completely dry. The stuff is super cheap and lasts forever. www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=CHALK

Last edited:

To the OP: you do realize that sweat runs downhill, right? I sweat oodles, so I hook the thumb of my throwing hand high up under my shoulder strap, with the palm loosely open as I walk. With an occasional swipe on shorts, towel, buddy's shirt, etc.

Holy ****. I have always, I mean always read his username as Bikini Jack. just thought he was into bikinis. LOL.

Hold a towel in your throwing hand all the time you are not throwing.

I started doing this last year and it works great. I tend to sweat a lot, but when carrying a towel, hand sweat was not an issue. Grabbing a little dirt before a throw helps knock out any remaining moisture and the grit can really help with grip.

I'm a really sweaty person myself and used to have problems gripping champion type plastic. I switched to Vibram discs and they have amazing grip no matter how sweaty my hands get. You should check some of their discs out.
Yes! Seriously. I sweat a lot too and Vibrams really do grip much better than plastic discs when wet. You need to feel confident in your grip to throw well. Would you want plastic tires on your car? THROW VIBRAM.

Pretty sure this is one of the grossest threads I have ever read. I think this could be the reason there are so few lady golfers.

What? Disc golf is a sport. Sweating is part of playing sports. If talking about sweat grosses you out, maybe you should take up professional sleeping or something less strenuous. To assume that women that play sports are as grossed out as you by people talking about problems with sweat is sexist. Have a good day.

That is a frightening image. I just spit up my breakfast. Thanks. :gross:

What? Disc golf is a sport. Sweating is part of playing sports. If talking about sweat grosses you out, maybe you should take up professional sleeping or something less strenuous. To assume that women that play sports are as grossed out as you by people talking about problems with sweat is sexist. Have a good day.

Not denying that it's a part of sports, just saying this has been one of those weird conversations. Good conversation yes, weird and gross yes.

Its like when you have kids and all of a sudden you and the other room full of parents start talking about the best ways to clean up baby explosions when you're out and about.

BTW, a great way to not sweat so much, move to a dry climate. I get soaked when I visit Texas in the summer, way to humid. That's why Colorado is fantastic!:clap::thmbup::D