• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

riltim ITB

What are your Thrashers for? Distance? Rollers? Dont see many in my neck of the woods throwing them and have been curious.

Sorry. I missed this somehow.

I use the thrashers for turnover drives and throwing uphill mainly. I bust them out occasionally when I want to try to sneak some extra distance but that's mainly on wide open holes.

Not something I really need in the bag, I might drop them soon as my dainty hands don't jibe well with rims above speed 9-10.

Dropped the Discraft drivers, went back to my OLFs, and added some Falks. Was getting some good distance with the 1.1 OLFs; I don't see a need for anything faster for my arm. Still getting used to the Falk but I do enjoy the glide and how flippy my orange K1 is.

Reko, K3 *3
Reko, K1
Zone, Soft X
Zone, Jawbreaker

Gote, K1 *2
Kaxe Z, K2
Kaxe Z, K1 *2
Kaxe, K1

Falk, K1 *2
Orion LS, 1.1 Quantum
Orion LF, 1.1 *3
Orion LF, 1.4

Raptor, Z

Dropped the Kaxe Z and am using the Comet, Gote, and Kaxe combo. Playing a little above average with this setup. No leagues, tournaments, or group play so I might as well take this time to work on some form issues.

Reko, K3 *3
Reko, K1
Zone, Soft X
Zone, Z

Comet, 2nd Run LE ESP
Comet, Big-Z
Gote, K1 *2
Kaxe, K1 *2

Falk, K1 *2
Orion LF, 1.1 *3
Orion LF, 1.4 *2

Raptor, Z

Consolidated the Zones to one Cryztal FLX, added the Kaxe Z back in, and replaced the Raptor with the Stal. I have been able to cover a lot of shots with the Kaxe Z/Kaxe combo.

Reko, K3 *3
Reko, K1
Zone, Cryztal FLX

Comet, 2nd Run LE ESP
Kaxe Z, K1 *2
Kaxe Z, K2
Kaxe, K1
Kaxe, K1 Glow

Falk, K1 *2
Orion LF, 1.1 *3
Orion LF, 1.4 *2

Stal, K1 *2

Not playing as much as I'd like but I'm slowly improving over time. Posting some lower scores than usual. Bag is the name molds but different plastics.

Note: I probably practice as much as a play so I could probably drop a couple of these duplicates and still be alright.

Bottom row to top:
4 * Reko
2 * Comet & 2 * Zone
3 * Kaze Z and 2 * Kaxe
6 * SOLF
2 * Falk and 1 * Stal

70828925450d3ae8f94b7f74efd111fa.jpg

Last edited:
How is the dome on that glow Kaxe?

I have a K3 Kaxe that is board flat but wanted to try a more durable plastic and ordered a glow but the dome on my glow is crazy and it just feels funky in my hand and I never could jive with it.

How is the dome on that glow Kaxe?

I have a K3 Kaxe that is board flat but wanted to try a more durable plastic and ordered a glow but the dome on my glow is crazy and it just feels funky in my hand and I never could jive with it.
It's not board flat but it's certainly not a cereal bowl either. I find it comfortable in my hand, fairly mild.

Note: Ignore the deck. It's in between coats of stain.
a4ae44ce1c0a4c8b6ecdbdc382bac28e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's not bad at all. I don't have a picture or the disc handy but mine is silly domey.

Ordered mine online so I guess that's what I get.

There is a store on the south side of town that stocks Kastaplast so maybe I'll have to make the drive down and pick one out in person. I don't make it down there often because the 30 mile drive can take an hour sometimes.

Thanks.

Yeah, that's not bad at all. I don't have a picture or the disc handy but mine is silly domey.

Ordered mine online so I guess that's what I get.

There is a store on the south side of town that stocks Kastaplast so maybe I'll have to make the drive down and pick one out in person. I don't make it down there often because the 30 mile drive can take an hour sometimes.

Thanks.
I buy most of my Kastaplast stuff from Charlie Goodpasture on Facebook. Good prices and he'll help you find what you're looking for if he has it in stock.

I love my Reko K3's for putting (grippy, flat to puddle, straight, etc.), but I've never gotten comfortable with the K1. Love the plastic and the look (bright blue), but it always feels "taller" in my hand, and I swear it putts on a higher line.

I've cycled my way through Falks and a Stahl, a Gote, a Kaxe, and a Kaxe Z (I really want to like kasta...), but other than the K1 Kaxe Z for flicks, none of them have found a longterm place in my bag.

Except for the Rekos. They ain't leaving the bag!

I love my Reko K3's for putting (grippy, flat to puddle, straight, etc.), but I've never gotten comfortable with the K1. Love the plastic and the look (bright blue), but it always feels "taller" in my hand, and I swear it putts on a higher line.

I've cycled my way through Falks and a Stahl, a Gote, a Kaxe, and a Kaxe Z (I really want to like kasta...), but other than the K1 Kaxe Z for flicks, none of them have found a longterm place in my bag.

Except for the Rekos. They ain't leaving the bag!
I have three K1 Rekos, the two that are more opaque are lower profile and the one that translucent has a higher shoulder and feels like you described. I don't use K1 for any type of putting, strictly drives and upshots.

I hear you about some of the molds not clicking. I really liked the Berg and Gote but they never held on to a spot.

Tried the Discmania Essence on the recommendation of some locals and it instantly made the bag. The combination of glide and understablity makes these some of the furthest flying discs for my arm speed.

I also dropped the Stal and went back to the Raptor. Fairly comparable in flight but the raptor is much more comfortable for forehand and overhead shots.

3 * K3 Reko
1 * K1 Reko
1 * Jawbreaker Zone
1 * Cryztal FLX Zone
1 * X Comet
1 * Z Comet
2 * K2 Kaxe Z
1 * K1 Kaxe Z
2 * K1 Kaxe
5 * SOLF
2 * Essence
2 * Raptor

My two most consistent discs are my Kaxe and Kaxe Z so I am testing out the Vulture and Undertaker as longer versions of those discs. I've only played two rounds so far with the change but things seem to be working out so far.

Also need to note that the Essence is such a fun disc to throw, goes far and glides forever. I was able to pump out a LHBH turnover to the area of the fairway where the RHBH guys on my card, with decent arms, were reaching with their distance drivers.

3 * K3 Reko
1 * K1 Reko
1 * Cryztal FLX Zone
1 * X Comet
1 * Z Comet
2 * K2 Kaxe Z
1 * K1 Kaxe Z
2 * K1 Kaxe
3 * NEO Essence
1 * ESP Undertaker
1 * Z Undertaker
1 * ESP Vulture
1 * Z Vulture
1 * Raptor

Back to the OLF. Seems like I'm throwing all my drivers poorly lately, might as well stick with what I know best.

3 * K3 Reko
1 * K1 Reko
1 * Cryztal FLX Zone
1 * X Comet
1 * Z Comet
2 * K2 Kaxe Z
1 * K1 Kaxe Z
2 * K1 Kaxe
3 * NEO Essence
4 * SOLF
1 * Raptor

Messing around and going back to some more Kastaplast discs. Lots and Essence seem to cover the distance I need with my arm speed.

8 molds/20 discs.

3 * K3 Reko
1 * K1 Reko
1 * Cryztal FLX Zone
1 * X Comet
1 * Z Comet
2 * K2 Kaxe Z
1 * K1 Kaxe Z
2 * K1 Kaxe
3 * NEO Essence
1 * K1 Lots
2 * FR K1 Lots
2 * K1 Stal

Dropped the Comet to mess with the Sol for a little bit. Seems easier to control the flip on some wooded shots. Also added the Grym in to try to sneak out some distance on some wide open holes.

9 molds/21 discs.

3 * K3 Reko
1 * K1 Reko
1 * Cryztal FLX Zone
1 * Z Sol
1 * K2 Kaxe Z
1 * K1 Kaxe Z
1 * K1 Kaxe
1 * K1 Glow Kaxe
3 * NEO Essence
3 * K1 Lots
1 * FR K1 Lots
2 * K1 Stal
2 * K1 Grym

Getting back into some of my old favorites now that the snow is starting to melt here in PA. I did a long look at my UDisc scores and I seemed to be averaging better before I switched away to some of the Kastaplast molds.

Added the MVP Wave to the mix and am enjoying it so far for field holes.

3 * K3 Reko
1 * K1 Reko
1 * Jawbreaker Zone
1 * Cryztal FLX Zone
1 * ESP Comet (2nd Run LE)
1 * Z Comet
1 * Cryztal Buzzz
1 * ESP Buzzz
2 * Z Stalker (First Run & Stock)
1 * Star RoadRunner
1 * Champ RoadRunner
2 * 1.1 S Orion LF