• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] River Pro

jjtwinnova

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
One of the discs to be released in 2017. Are we finally getting a trilogy teebird? Sounds like this could be a real winner...

One of the discs to be released in 2017. Are we finally getting a trilogy teebird? Sounds like this could be a real winner...

Any idea what its flight numbers are? Lat64 really has nothing between the River and the Spark in that Speed-7-"ish" area; so like you said, this could be huge for Trilogy...

Well, as big as an oxy moron as it sounds I'm a little interested. But the river is glidey, beginner friendly, I have a hard time thinking you would want it pro.

I think the Saint Pro is very similar to teebird but ya know nothing wrong with continuous improvement.

Well, as big as an oxy moron as it sounds I'm a little interested. But the river is glidey, beginner friendly, I have a hard time thinking you would want it pro.

I think the Saint Pro is very similar to teebird but ya know nothing wrong with continuous improvement.

The Saint and Saint Pro are higher speed discs, and if the River Pro is a more (over)stable River, it will fill a slot where Lat64 is not really represented... that TL/Teebird+/DX Teebird area that's a bit more overstable than the River itself.

Good concept; we'll have to see about the execution.

Any idea what its flight numbers are? Lat64 really has nothing between the River and the Spark in that Speed-7-"ish" area; so like you said, this could be huge for Trilogy...

I haven't thrown a Saint Pro but according to Latitude it's got a 1.8mm rim whereas a Teebird is 1.7mm so I'd say it's fairly close to speed-7-"ish".

Anyway, for now, it looks like nobody knows what the River Pro will be like.

I haven't thrown a Saint Pro but according to Latitude it's got a 1.8mm rim whereas a Teebird is 1.7mm so I'd say it's fairly close to speed-7-"ish".

From the facebook video, it looked quite teebird like

Ah, I see. I thought all the information available would be here already :) I won't be getting one but it sounds like a disc a lot of people will enjoy throwing.

From the facebook video, it looked quite teebird like

There must be another video that I missed... even a gstar teebird fades more than those river pro throws. Lat64 is smart to market it as a River Pro, like Discraft utilized their widely popular Buzzz name for their OS and SS mids.

As for Saint Pro being a teebird, no way:thmbdown: I wouldn't trust a fresh Saint Pro into a headwind over 10mph which all but beat or dx TBs will crush unless thrown well over 300'. Teebirds are HSS where as the fresh and slightly worn Saint Pros I've thrown turn like seasoned Eagle Ls without the EL fade; maybe TLish 8/5/-1/2 at best when newer but they lose HSS first were TBs lose LSS first.

Thank you. I thought the rims were close sized.

Yeah the saint pro isn't super wind friendly. But I don't remember tbirds being that wind friendly either.

So I think from the facts and the recent posts that we might agree that comparing it to the tbird is a bit false.

Let's say that the river could be in a league of its own. Innova leopard comes to mind.

River is quite a bit faster than either of those molds.

well again, let's agree to disagree-river is in a league of its own.

I threw the cheetah when it was hot and new and came out in kc plastic, yeah way cool..

But the cheetah didn't exhibit even close to the glide the river has.

As for Saint Pro being a teebird, no way:thmbdown: I wouldn't trust a fresh Saint Pro into a headwind over 10mph which all but beat or dx TBs will crush unless thrown well over 300'. Teebirds are HSS where as the fresh and slightly worn Saint Pros I've thrown turn like seasoned Eagle Ls without the EL fade; maybe TLish 8/5/-1/2 at best when newer but they lose HSS first were TBs lose LSS first.

Saint Pro was indeed a windy day disappointment. I wanted to like it, but just couldn't depend on it.