• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Road Trip; The Big D and The Great FW

Rondpitt

Par Member
I am going to be in the Big D from the 20th until the 26th.
What clubs/courses have weeknight minis?

Any minis or one-days on the 26th?

Thanks,
Ron Pittman
Your Tennessee Connection

are you talking about dallas texas? I am coming out to dallas between the 16 and 20. I am looking for a min or anything also in that area like at b.b. owen park or audubon park either one.

Um. Yep.
Only one Big D. I added the FW so the Fort Worth folk wouldn't feel slighted. :)

While BB would make a semi-decent fall back, I was hoping for something at Turner, or Veterans, or Cedar Hill, or even Rockwall (my personal A-tier list).

Would consider McKinney, Lake Lewisville, Audubon, and the like.

Thanks, Ron

Chime in y'alls!!!!

You picked the right place for some great disc golf.

Veterans park in Arlington has great minis. Really great disc golfers. You'll see some good huckin' out there at those minis. If I'm not mistaken, I think they are on Sunday morning. (correct me if I'm wrong)

North Park in NE Fort Worth does Wednesday evening draw dubs this time of year.

Turner Park in Grand Prairie hosts minis as well. You just gots to go there. I'm not sure about times and days with them though.

*If you're in the Big D the whole time -- these are some courses kind of in between Dallas and Fort Worth.

-----anyways, you won't have annnnnnyyyyyy trouble finding good disc golf to play here in the DFDub!!!:thmbup:

Um. Yep.
Only one Big D. I added the FW so the Fort Worth folk wouldn't feel slighted. :)

While BB would make a semi-decent fall back, I was hoping for something at Turner, or Veterans, or Cedar Hill, or even Rockwall (my personal A-tier list).

Would consider McKinney, Lake Lewisville, Audubon, and the like.

Thanks, Ron

The courses in Fort Worth and Surrounding area are much better than the Dallas courses. Sorry Dallas, just the way it is.:D I dare you to suggest otherwise....we'll start naming them off....

:popcorn:

Ha! I KNEW if I started naming courses that would get some reaction. :)

Love the Z, just don't get there often. Pretty decent drive for me.

Dallas Golf?? Nope. Not really that much to pick from, unless you get to count Paschall in Mesquite, Meyers in Rockwall, Lake L., and the new McKinney course.

Yep, the BB is at best a GetYourFixIn default for locals, at worst -- not worth the drive off the interstate. I guess you could call the Garland course a Big D course, but ye ole Audubon needs love, baskets, and mowing on most days.

I have a Funkytown tag for 2010. Got lucky and caught a tag event on one of my trips.

Still looking for the when/where on local minis. I know about the Veterans Sunday am, been there a couple of times, but won't be there on a Sunday this trip. What else?

Ron

Always trying to start trouble Ron! haha :popcorn:

Scott, where are you now? Your tag says "Misery". That don't sound like the Boro.

Oh, and if you have the time ... drive down to Dallas and see if you can find out when/where the local minis are. Surely they have some. Maybe someone in the know will find this lonely little thread.

Ron

Mini at veterans is on Sunday at 10 in the a.m and if I remember correctly the mini at turner park is on Saturday's at 10 a.m as well

Dude, you gotta hit Cedar Hill. Its worth the drive to have to great high caliber courses attached to one parking lot...

Scott, where are you now? Your tag says "Misery". That don't sound like the Boro.

Oh, and if you have the time ... drive down to Dallas and see if you can find out when/where the local minis are. Surely they have some. Maybe someone in the know will find this lonely little thread.

Ron

Thats right I am in the state of Misery, in a little town called Rolla.

Time is something i do have but money to drive anywhere is a negative. haha. Hope you find a local to help you out.

cedar hill is great 36 hole nature preserve. Sat. mini at 1 (i think)

McKinney, Alex Clark mini on Wed @ 6, Towne Lake minis, Friday doubles @ 6. Sunday singles @ 10 and again at 2.

Turner mini Saturday morning.

Audobahn has new basket and has been mowed and in ok shape the last few times I played it. Tee boxes are still sketchy

Rockwall is a great course, nobody has really established a mini. The last one disolved when they started paying out in plastic.

Lewisville Lake park mini Saturday at 2 i think...

Bill Allen in the Colony is a redesigned 18 holes now and I really enjoy it. (probably due to it being a break from the other local courses I've played hundreds of times.)

Fort Worth can keep your courses and your crowds. I like playing on my courses, not hanging out on the tee box.

Thanks Giles,

I've played Turner, Rockwall, and Cedar Hill several times. I usually hit those on every Dallas trip.

The Turner Saturday mini --- sounds like a perfect choice. Anyone know what time?

I may get some early morning rounds in during the week. If I tee off at 7am ---- I can get back to our apt. downtown before wifey wakes up. I think I will post here to find some locals to join me. I need to get some rounds in for prep for the Bowling Green Ams.

I tried the new Funkytown forum, but it hasn't caught on yet. Any other local forums worth visiting?

Thanks, Ron

Turner was great! All I could salvage was a 57 from the longs. Tejas wind got me a couple of times.

And even more steps. Awesome. Some new "between the hole" navigation signs, too. Thought --- will the city let you drop a post by the road for just one more HoleFiveThataway sign?

Saw a couple of new placements. Nice. But, not a fan of the leftside #5 placement. Assuming the creek and beyond is OB, It is just a Lucky2/Stupid4/Boring layup 3/ or a Circle3. I "get" the idea, just don't like it.

I am playing somewhere on Thursday, probably early afternoon -- course not decided yet. Will play the Turner mini on Saturday.

Might sneak in another 7:30am round -- Cedar Hill. Not sure which day.

For all you folk not on spring break -- I will throw one on your behalf.
Ron

Latest posts