• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rob McSeth's ITB

Serob90

Here's my bag, been trying to do more with less by discing down,but eventually when i can consistently get over 400 ft of distance I would like to add some more destroyers.

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 2 Years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHFH/RHBH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: P2: 200'/240; MD3: 280'/320'; Wraith: 350'/380'

Bag:
Putting Putters

XT Aviar(175) 9/10 - Backup
XT Aviar(175) 6/10 - Main

I like the aviars as a bit straighter flyer than the p2 but the xt plastic is getting soft on me in the heat. I may switch to P line P2s

Throwing Putters

S P2(175) 9/10 Stable/OS Drives off the Tee
X P2(172) 7/10 Stable/US Approach shots
ESP Zone(175) 9/10 Up shots, mostly FH

May get rid of the x P2 as the s line begins to wear and cycle in a fresh s line. Not sure about this XT/X line plastic. It was great in the colder/wet weather.

The zone is the only non discmania/innova disc in my bag - they just dont make a disc quite like it.

Mid Ranges

C MD3(180) (9/10) Headwind, Stable finish
P MD3(180) (9/10) Slightly OS
P MD3(180) (7/10) Stable
^(trying to beat these in a bit more)

Nothing fancy here. Everyone raves about the Glow MD3s. i might start cycling those in eventually. bought 2 p lines and a c line all at once to replace my rocs as i realized i prefer beadless.

Fairway Drivers

C TeeBird(175) 10/10 Slightly OS straight, left finish
S TeeBird(171) 7/10 Slightly US straight, slight turnover
C Leopard(175) 8/10 US hyzer flip, anyhyzers

Basic stuff here. Teebirds can do almost everything, and the leopard covers the understable slot.

Just got rid of a champ/star blend PFN Banshee. It was getting a little beat in and i realized my fresh champ teebird flew very similar. If i need more beef Ill go up to a...

Control Drivers

Sext. Firebird(175) 8/10 OS Head wind, hard fade shots
C PD(175) 9/10 Stable/OS Straight Head wind shots, control hyzers
S PD (170) 7/10 Stable Straight shots, long hyzers
C Sidewinder(175) 9/10 Slightly US hyzer flips, Anhyzers

I use these more than distance drivers off the tee. I may get a new, more stable Firebird to add in.. The Sexton is only a bit more stable than the PD. I would like to try an FD3 sometime as well, but I hear they are similar in stability to the sexton firebirds, not quite FAF-type..

Mostly Using the PDs, the Sidewinder is for some long annys.

Distance Drivers

S Wraith(170) 8/10 Stable max distance, slight turnover
S Destroyer (171) 10/10 Stable/OS straight, left finish

the wraith is my go-to but its a bit of a stop gap until i grow into the destroyer.

Utility

C Max(175) 9/10 big fades, cut rollers
P Wraith(167) 4/10 Very US Easy rollers

2 discs, same speed, opposite ends of the spectrum in stability. the max is REALLY fun to use for skips, and just massive lateral finish.

There it is. Just wanted to share what I use... Feel free to leave any feedback! Post a link to your ITB if you have one.

Last edited:
Nice bag. I could easily take it out and rip on a course!

I hear the luster md3 came out more overstable, compared to other md3s. I always consider switching to an md3 cycle, but!... Verdict/Truth is too good!

I'm sure someone would suggest a gator (I personally dislike almost everything about gators...) but I won't! Cheers!

Nice bag. I could easily take it out and rip on a course!

I hear the luster md3 came out more overstable, compared to other md3s. I always consider switching to an md3 cycle, but!... Verdict/Truth is too good!

I'm sure someone would suggest a gator (I personally dislike almost everything about gators...) but I won't! Cheers!

Thanks! If you come to Maine we can play a bag swap round :p

Yeah a gator is a touch faster than a zone and it's beaded...

I think this puddle top ESP zone is my favorite disc.

Looks like a solid bag.

And if the Zone is your favorite disc, I won't suggest alternatives.

I understand your feeling about XT/X-line plastic. I personally prefer P-line/Pro, especially in my P2s.

Have you tried an Aviar3? It might or might not be good for you, as well.

End of the Season update: Went with the P2s and Glow MD3 cycle and I'm trying out an FD3. This is what my bag will most likely look like headed into next spring.

Vitals

Years playing/experience: 2 Years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHFH/RHBH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: P2: 180'/275; MD3: 260'/340'; DDX: 370'/410'

Bag

Grip A-Series

Putting Putters

D P2(175) 8/10 - Backup
D P2(175) 6/10 - Main

Switched from Aviars to P2s. Went from a pure push putt to more of a spush putt and the extra stability can handle the spin better from far out. These will also come out of a gentle flex nicely. These behave more like a beadless KC Pro for me.

Throwing Putters

S P2(175) 8/10 Stable/OS Drives off the Tee
X P2(172) 6/10 Stable/US Approach shots, Wet weather
ESP Zone(175) 8/10 Up shots, mostly FH
CryZtal Zone(175) 9/10 Up shots with a bigger skip. Stronger fade into the wind. Shorter flex lines.

The zone is the only non discmania/innova disc in my bag - they just dont make a disc quite like it.

Mid Ranges

SL Glow MD4(180) (9/10)Headwind, Forehand, strong fade
EM Glow MD3(180) (9/10) Headwind, Stable finish
EM CG MD3(180) (8/10) Stable
EM CG MD3(180) (7/10) Stable
P MD3(180) (6/10) Flip up to anny.

Switched to an MD3 glow cycle. Added an MD4 which is a very straight disc for my forehand. flips up about 20 degrees and holds for 300ft. The P line will be replaced soon. Maybe with an MD2 or a just a new P line. Really looking for something that behaves like a slightly seasoned P line out of the box. I do have a c line MD that I havent used much.

Fairway Drivers

S/C Blend PFN Banshee(175) (7/10)
C TeeBird(175) 10/10 Slightly OS straight, left finish
S TeeBird(171) 7/10 Slightly US straight, slight turnover

I honestly do not use fairway drivers enough. I throw 5 speed mids up to 325 and usually go right for a PD for anything more. The Banshee is back for now. I would like to try out an FD2, C and S FD to see how they compare to this setup. Right now the Innova stuff works fine so this is the last part of my bag I will experiment with. I'm not trying to throw all discmania or anything, I just LOVE MD3s and PDs

Control Drivers

MF FD3(175) 9/10
AJ PD(175) 9/10 OS but not quite like the FD3.
C PD(175) 8/10 Stable, control hyzers
S PD (170) 7/10 Stable Straight shots, long hyzers
C Sidewinder(175) 9/10 Slightly US hyzer flips, Anhyzers

Went with a new MF FD3 as my Sexton Firebird was losing it's edge, and Nate signed it so i think Ill retire it. The FD3 feels slightly slower, even though the rim is .1cm wider. I may add an S line FD3 if its gonna stay more stable than my AJ pd.

Mostly Using the PDs for drives over 325. the C line is very straight.The S line will flip up a bit. the Sidewinder is for some hyzer flips and long annys that still sit down. Fairly stable for a sw. Flies like 9/5/-2/2

Distance Drivers

P/S Blend PD2 (9/10)
S DDx(175) 9/10
S DDx (170) 9/10

Really liking the DDx when I have more room to work with for max distance. Havn't tried the DD2 Yet. I do wish the DDX was a bit straighter. It likes to either hold a hyzer or flip over and struggle to come back, so I generally put it flat or slight hyzer and aim out to the right. The PD2 is mostly a forehand disc at the moment. I can't throw it backhand over 325. Hoping I can beat it in to a straight flyer with a hard finish. I dont throw any of these much, i prefer my PDs for more control.

Utility

C Max(175) 9/10 big fades, cut rollers.

There it is. Just wanted to share what I use... Feel free to leave any feedback! Post a link to your ITB if you have one.

Last edited:
Currently Trying an S line md2... It just doesn't go as far as a p md3. Slower, more HSS, not a lot of LSS. I think I just need an S md3- or to keep beating my color glows. Maybe a Star Mako3?