• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] ROC vs ROC3

Which do you prefer?

• Rancho Roc!

Votes: 134 37.5%
  • Roc3!

Votes: 116 32.5%
  • Rocs suck!

Votes: 19 5.3%
  • Show me the results!

Votes: 88 24.6%

• Total voters
I didn't like my champ roc3, I'm back to the Rancho.
Never tried the other roc3 plastics

I voted Rancho and they're my favorites. Love me some DX Rocs. San Marinos are a little longer for me, but the Ranchos seem more versatile. And even though I have some really sweet KC rocs, DX is more fun to watch fly. Everything I want in a mid, the Roc does it for me. Not interested in a Roc3 or a Warship or a Sentinel or what have you. If I feel like mixing things up, it's loads of fun to pull an old Roc outta the box. Or a new Roc. Hooray for Rocs!

I pick Roc3 , i have 2 champs and 1 pro roc3 at the moment and the pro is starting to lose its fade a bit, i now carry a dx cobra for the turnover mid and am loving the lineup

I have moved back to the KC Roc Mutli-Purpose 12X not the 11X stamp(it makes them more affordable). I am backhand left, all finish to the left or straight(have 3 in my bag at different stages of wear). I have 6 ROC 3's all finish to the right. KC's go about 50 feet further and if I give them a little extra air they will come back right when needed.

Part of my New Year's Resolution is to get better acquainted with my Rocs and throw them more :D

So I'll say DX, Star San Marino, and Glow Roc3 :p It's all I got!

I want to ask why everyone prefers 180g Rocs? No one gets down with 175 or anything? I just think it's curious. I don't really throw max weight anything.

Part of my New Year's Resolution is to get better acquainted with my Rocs and throw them more :D

So I'll say DX, Star San Marino, and Glow Roc3 :p It's all I got!

I want to ask why everyone prefers 180g Rocs? No one gets down with 175 or anything? I just think it's curious. I don't really throw max weight anything.

I prefer max weight for everything because I like the extra stability it provides.

Not everyone. My preferred weight is around 172-174. In my experience, the glide is better with a little lighter weight.

I've been digging the dx rocs over the winter. I've been buzzz for always, but I figured I'd broaden my experience. I already have 4 dx rocs now haha.

I vote rancho

I prefer max weight for everything because I like the extra stability it provides.
Right. I figured it had something to do with extra weight for stability. Although I also guessed...
Not everyone. My preferred weight is around 172-174. In my experience, the glide is better with a little lighter weight.
...that max weight means less glide :p. My mids are mostly around 175ish. I can't wait to try out my Roc3, though! Still haven't given the Roc a true trial on the course so I am going to switch things up this year. I still can't see ever taking my Buzzz out of the bag, though. I've made some great shots with that disc.

Right. I figured it had something to do with extra weight for stability. Although I also guessed...

...that max weight means less glide :p. My mids are mostly around 175ish. I can't wait to try out my Roc3, though! Still haven't given the Roc a true trial on the course so I am going to switch things up this year. I still can't see ever taking my Buzzz out of the bag, though. I've made some great shots with that disc.

I my experience, Rocs have so much glide once they beat in that you can still throw the heavies and get good carry.

I recently picked up 2 roc3s to try out and they were plus mold, not a fan. I recently switched to excel ghosts and I love them. The plastic feels terrible at first but once you work them in they feel great.

I have sort of noticed a plus feel to my factory store pro roc3's compared to my champ and dx. All the rest are standard. What plastic were yours in? For what it's worth, that is the one disc that I don't mind the plus feel. Still wish I'd bought a stack of dx instead of pro and star roc3's though :/

I vote Roc3, but in honesty the answer is it depends (like all roc questions). Roc3 if you are going to run a single roc and fill other stabilities with other discs. KC Pro for cycling with the single mold. I have done both. I got tired of having my fresh KC change after a few tree strikes, so I moved onto the roc3 for stable/os mid duties. I put a beat KC in the bag from time to time, but usually pull it back out after a few rounds in favor of other understable discs.

I throw DX Roc3 and a CFR Glow Roc3. DX one is breaking in nicely which means I'll need to put my other one in the bag soon. I use the Glow for hyzer and windy shots. Works well for this. I also have a Champion Roc3 that goes in and out of the bag sporadically.