• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc3 love

The one I tested against a Prodigy M2 and 10th Buzz was weird. Most of the time it was pretty straight like a 8/10 Z Buzz, but other times it had more of a fresh kc pro roc style fade. I was never 100% sure what it was going to do. Love the KC Pros though. I like how the 3's feel, I just never knew what to expect from it.

Wow don't even bother watching that. Just re watched it and that video is garbage. ick.

The video didn't seem bad at all. Also I noticed with my Roc3 that the harder I throw it the straighter it goes but even at full power it won't turnover (if thrown flat). So on short shots its like a new KC Roc & on longer shots its like a Buzzz.

The video didn't seem bad at all. Also I noticed with my Roc3 that the harder I throw it the straighter it goes but even at full power it won't turnover (if thrown flat). So on short shots its like a new KC Roc & on longer shots its like a Buzzz.

I agree on the flight. In the past KC Rocs had the same fade for me thrown 200' or 400' so it was just different than what I expect from a Roc. Not a bad disc though, wouldn't mind spending more time with another. So many good mids out these days though, been messing around with an M2 lately because I dig the plastic.

They don't handle headwinds as well and take forever to beat into a turnover disc. Should have given it a new name.

I disagree, except the wearing part. Both mine a 180 and 171 can handle all the wind I'd want them too. I bag a gator for anything more.

Plus they seem very versatile for our resident World Champ and I'm fairly certain his opinion is safe to go with.

I'd drink to this!

The best Rocs I've ever thrown for sure. The plastic feels great and they actually fly stable into moderate winds. I was surprised at the speed and glide. I always liked the Z Buzzz better than the Ranchos, but the plastic was a little slippery. It's good to see Innova making some improvements. :clap:

I just got a couple of Opto Pains and they gave the Roc3s the boot for now...

It is a really great disc. A hair more overstable than a fresh z buzzz, a hair less than a fresh z wasp. Feels very similar to a wasp in hand.

The best Rocs I've ever thrown for sure. The plastic feels great and they actually fly stable into moderate winds. I was surprised at the speed and glide. I always liked the Z Buzzz better than the Ranchos, but the plastic was a little slippery. It's good to see Innova making some improvements. :clap:

I just got a couple of Opto Pains and they gave the Roc3s the boot for now...

I have a flat z wasp that I use for a little wind or fade, instead of my buzzz
But its only a 168/169g ( I have had since I started, noodle arm)
Now I like heavier mids, so I am looking to replace it.
Didn't know if .I should get another wasp or a pain or a roc3
Me and regular rocs don't get along very well
Tourney this weekend has roc3 and terns for in player packs and I didn't know which one to choose.

I disagree, except the wearing part. Both mine a 180 and 171 can handle all the wind I'd want them too. I bag a gator for anything more.

Plus they seem very versatile for our resident World Champ and I'm fairly certain his opinion is safe to go with.

+1
When it is real windy a gator or whippet comes in most useful :hfive:

Not sure what all the fuss is about turning these and their non-Roc-ness. Maybe I just have more OAT/power than the average bear. I really started digging on this disc when I started launching anhyzer shots with it. I launch it like I would an understable disc that I want to roll and it goes on a nice any line that settles out straight in the end. If I launch it full power on a hyzer it flips up and goes laser straight for the entire flight. If I throw it softer it reacts very much like a new KC Roc.

how does the roc3 handle an oat monster like me. if i have a oatty throw is it forgiving like a rancho roc?

how does the roc3 handle an oat monster like me. if i have a oatty throw is it forgiving like a rancho roc?

I would compare the OAT forgiveness of the Roc3 to a Z Buzzz. That good. I've turned both of mine over, but it's always an angle or wind issue. It's never the OAT-fluttering-wobble-over that torquing other Rocs does.

Tourney this weekend has roc3 and terns for in player packs and I didn't know which one to choose.

My Opto Pain has more high and low speed stability than the Roc3. I'd say it's a little beefier than the Z Wasp I have, but not as OS as a Hornet. The Roc3 is kind of halfway between a Z Wasp and a Z Buzz to me. It's a straight flyer with a reliable fade. I went to a wooded course today and after 9 holes I stopped at my car and put the Roc3 back in the bag. The Pain has too much fade to it for a lot of the holes there. The Roc3 was working quite nicely. it' probably won't be leaving my bag again.

Never thrown a Tern, so I can't help you there. I've heard great things about them though. A few guys in my club who loved Katanas made the switch after throwing one.

My Opto Pain has more high and low speed stability than the Roc3. I'd say it's a little beefier than the Z Wasp I have, but not as OS as a Hornet. The Roc3 is kind of halfway between a Z Wasp and a Z Buzz to me. It's a straight flyer with a reliable fade. I went to a wooded course today and after 9 holes I stopped at my car and put the Roc3 back in the bag. The Pain has too much fade to it for a lot of the holes there. The Roc3 was working quite nicely. it' probably won't be leaving my bag again.
i got a chance to look at the roc3s for the player packs today
they are max weight-glow (they looked pretty flat also)
so i guess i will try one, if i dont like it, it will be ok for glow rounds i guess

I wouldn't do something like that, I want people to get the most out of their game so I'm sure I get the chance to try more Innova discs more often than others so I might as well share some of my favorites even if my name isn't on them.

Sorry, I didn't mean to accuse you of being a Innova marketing tool. I believe you are just telling us what works for you from the discs you use.

However, it is true that people will buy discs based on what you say. Thursday morning, before I read this thread, my buddy was asking about the Mako 3 and mentioned you - word travels fast in small tight communities. He is thinking about getting a Mako 3 because his Roc 3 is too stable for him on most approaches. Sounds like that would be a good idea.

Personally, I don't like the bevel, so I don't throw Rocs for that reason. I've been told I could change my grip, and the bevel would work better for me.

All of you Roc3 throwers should check out a Pinnacle Ghost from Legacy when they are widely released. Super flat top and handle power very well.