• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Rollin Roadrunners

Im not sure if many of you mountain bike but one concept that has taken off lately is the 29r. The idea that larger tires will roll over stuff easier. Using large diameter mids such as stingrays or even kentucky sized discs like the condor may help in more rugged terrain or tall grass.

I've been rolling a max weight DX Valkyrie for a minute now. It's really easy to get both the distance and shape you're wanting. However, Oklahoma wind can do some real damage to the line you're trying to hit.

Great shot when the conditions are right, but it's crazy and somewhat entertaining to watch what it will do in strong winds, specifically cross winds.

Im not sure if many of you mountain bike but one concept that has taken off lately is the 29r. The idea that larger tires will roll over stuff easier. Using large diameter mids such as stingrays or even kentucky sized discs like the condor may help in more rugged terrain or tall grass.

I've been riding a 69er (Trek Top Fuel) on the trails for a while, and I really like that set up even more than a straight 29er. It's more similar to the set up of a dirt bike, allowing the smaller diameter rear tire to get down in nooks and crannies and dig up some additional drive.

Sorry for the hijack, back to the original topic.

I know a lot of people have really good luck rolling Condors, and I'd like to give it a try, but I just don't want to carry that thing around all day. I'm pretty sure it won't fit in a bag with a frame...

All about the Wedge for rolling.

Funny, when I started out, I thought rollers where for idiots that didn't know how to play disc golf.

Ughh.

I know longer have any attitude in disc golf, just to keep my mind open and learn.

The roller is now my favorite shot by far.

Not the most used shot but my favorite and I consider it a air shot with a long finish.

It is tolerable to many different techniques. I throw them right handed, left if it works out that way.

It's just so cool how you heave it across your chest leaning back, out it goes turning in the air to bite in at an angle and it has so much spin it straightens up and just rolls straight at the basket slows down and dies on it's back.

I'm hoping to hit the pole one day.

I wonder if someone has aced a roller, bounced up and in?

Seriously cool shot, max weight Roadrunner, love that.

i have a question, sorry to ressurect but i knew there was thread for this and did not want to get prepubed.

Whats the best kind of roadrunner to roll? domey or flat? i have a few in the shop that interest me but idk which one will roll a straigh line longer than the other.

I think I'm kinda weird with my rollers. I can do a backhand roller, but I prefer throwing a forehand with a 180g DX Stingray. Usually people seem to forehand roll overstable discs, but I just throw the Stingray like I'm throwing a regular forehand drive, it flips over and goes super straight.

And about the world record distance rollers, try and youtube "world record roller." They're EXTREMELY wind assisted and on cement (the non-turf ones). If it wasn't for the wind, it looks like they wouldn't make it a quarter of the distance they do. I'm not saying it's cheating, just making sure people know why they go as far as they do.

well even better is a glow roadrunner they roll great! seem to roll straighter if you know what that means...more distance potential.

Practicing FH this afternoon and was rolling everything! :\
Echo Star Archon, Star Leopard, Z Comet, DX Shark, even the D Buzzz. There was a bit of a crosswind, but I did not think it that much...maybe it was more than I thought. My arm had gotten sore and tired, too.

I saw a local lady throw a 450 foot roller with a starlight roadrunner not long ago.

I was rolling a Nuke SS and just last night started to try rolling the *RR I carry for anny's & h-flips. Definitely not as fast, but seems to be more forgiving; time will tell.

Funny, when I started out, I thought rollers where for idiots that didn't know how to play disc golf.

Ughh.

I know longer have any attitude in disc golf, just to keep my mind open and learn.

The roller is now my favorite shot by far.

Not the most used shot but my favorite and I consider it a air shot with a long finish.

It is tolerable to many different techniques. I throw them right handed, left if it works out that way.

It's just so cool how you heave it across your chest leaning back, out it goes turning in the air to bite in at an angle and it has so much spin it straightens up and just rolls straight at the basket slows down and dies on it's back.

I'm hoping to hit the pole one day.

I wonder if someone has aced a roller, bounced up and in?

Seriously cool shot, max weight Roadrunner, love that.

a friend here throws condors alot and rolls them just as much. hes got atleast one roller ace with a condor that i know of. short little hole with sort of a little hill/dirt mound in front of it .

also,josef,ive had more successfull,straighter rolls with a flat rr or flat td rush. the domey ones seem to turn over to the plate faster . i throw alot of cut rollers as well and use domey discs to cut left gradually on a soft roll or try to weave around stuff. putters are the **** for that.

anyway,i hear some people here n there say that rollers are for noodle arms, the way i see it is that it takes more skill to control a roller than it does to bh a disc. i dont really care because i throw alot of rollers.

gator,fb and my td/ rr are my main ones but i will occasionally roll my buzzz,putter or qj.

Thanks booter, right now I use a slightly domey TD that's beat. Lol to whoever said rollers are for noodle arms. I've seen the big guns crush 600ft+ rollers on the championship course. One of them uses a starlite no joke, he's got so much power he throws it like 4ft off the ground and it hits at a 45 degree angle and still stands up. It's an amazing thing to watch.

Latest posts