• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] S-Line DDx around 166ish

n88n

So i recently started throwing DDx as my main distance driver. I keep a 175 that does not turn too much and a 167ish that will generally give a fair amount of turn.

I lost my light DDx and now i can't find any in stock on the web. Is this a common thing that lighter DDx are not available? If so i think it would be enough to have me looking at a different mold for that slot.

I have a 170g S-line DDx if you're interested. Been thrown about 10 times (or less). No major scuffs or damage at all. Let me know if you're interested.

I would check out a star or champ shryke.

Or a heavy Tern. The DDX is fairly similar to a Tern, but I feel like it has a bit more late fade and a touch less glide.

Terns are also very easy to find anywhere you look, and far easier to replace if you lose them.

The Shryke is a good suggestion too though. Its a hair faster and has better glide than a DDX.

Truth be told, there are quite a few drivers out there from various manufacturers that fly fairly similarly to a DDX.

I have a 170g S-line DDx if you're interested. Been thrown about 10 times (or less). No major scuffs or damage at all. Let me know if you're interested.

super nice of you to offer it up. I have a 175 and i am borrowing a friends lighter one. My question is more about getting these regularly. If it is always an issue getting these discs then i would look at a number of other options. If it is a one time fluke in the market then i would stick to the DDx.

Thank you.

Or a heavy Tern. The DDX is fairly similar to a Tern, but I feel like it has a bit more late fade and a touch less glide.

Terns are also very easy to find anywhere you look, and far easier to replace if you lose them.

The Shryke is a good suggestion too though. Its a hair faster and has better glide than a DDX.

Truth be told, there are quite a few drivers out there from various manufacturers that fly fairly similarly to a DDX.

I would check out a star or champ shryke.

All great suggestions and these exact discs are why i ask the question about if these lighter discs are always hard to find or just something weird going on this week.

I have thrown tern, DDx and Shryke and i find them mostly interchangeable. They were all 175s and i think the first time i played with the weight it was with the DDx. WIth that lighter DDx i get more turn out of it but i bet i would with a Shryke or Tern.

I guess my real question is do you guys often see that lighter DDx discs are not available to purchase.

Discmania discs in general are harder to replace. They can't quite keep up with demand right now. Ever try finding a S-line CD2? Good luck.

edit: I look like an idiot, they actually did restock those recently. But my point still stands.

So i recently started throwing DDx as my main distance driver. I keep a 175 that does not turn too much and a 167ish that will generally give a fair amount of turn.

I lost my light DDx and now i can't find any in stock on the web. Is this a common thing that lighter DDx are not available? If so i think it would be enough to have me looking at a different mold for that slot.

Unfortunately, it is indeed the case that Discmania discs in the plastics and weights we want (i like upper 160s, too) are hard if not impossible to get for LONG periods of time. :wall:

If you want some high speed turn for lesser powered shots, try a Tern at about 166g. Those things flip up easily. They don't call the thing a Tern for nothing.

The Tern is the disc most closely associated with the DDX.... and like I said before, they're super easy to find.

Latest posts