• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Saint v. Volt

Looking forward to learning first-hand what these discs are all about this spring after snow melts and jackets and boots are shed.

Looking forward to learning first-hand what these discs are all about this spring after snow melts and jackets and boots are shed.

:clap:

yessssss sir... really cant wait to open the volt and lace up at Bryant, Snelling & Hyland!

Never jumped on the Saint Bandwagon but the volt is my new GF.

Just saw this thread and I'm not gonna go through the entire thing so sorry if I'm repeating anything. This question goes in the no contest category for me. I tried to like the saint, I really did but at the end of the day all the saints I threw were useless, and I had one in every plastic. They were really inconsistent and unreliable... Not to mention not at all true to its flight description. The volt on the other hand is exactly the opposite. The volt has always done exactly what I've asked of it. Time after time my volts have impressed me. If your trying to decide between the two don't waste your time or money on the saint. The volt is FAR superior.

that's funny

cause I found the Saint to be pretty true to it's -1, 1 rating

and that's in all of the ones that I've thrown

what was it that you were looking for that the Saint didn't do?

the Saint works for hyzer flips, long right turns, and big pulls in a tail wind

each to their own I guess

Just saw this thread and I'm not gonna go through the entire thing so sorry if I'm repeating anything. This question goes in the no contest category for me. I tried to like the saint, I really did but at the end of the day all the saints I threw were useless, and I had one in every plastic. They were really inconsistent and unreliable... Not to mention not at all true to its flight description. The volt on the other hand is exactly the opposite. The volt has always done exactly what I've asked of it. Time after time my volts have impressed me. If your trying to decide between the two don't waste your time or money on the saint. The volt is FAR superior.

I did not like the Volt at all. Not much glide, so to get distance you have to throw it hard which reduces control. Also, the overmold dings easily. Saint in Gold Line it will fly very straight with minimal fade. Easy to control, tons of glide, and in much better plastic than any MVP. I would recommend the Saint over the Volt to anyone.

Saint-"Overstable control driver"... Not even close. To each his own I guess but my saints plain sucked. Never had a problem with any of the over molds on my 3 volts... And I've run them into more than a few trees.

well not if you were expecting a Banshee which is also an overstable control driver

but with flight ratings of -1, 1 that's not what I would have been expecting

I think the different discs will accommodate different types of throws best depending on what you are looking for.

While the volt may " lack glide" compared to Saint, most discs do. The saint is one of the glidyest discs I've ever thrown. I think of the saint as a two stroke with crazy pickup; will maximize a type of performance but hard to control it's power at times. On the other hand the volt is more like a nice new 250 4 stroke, well balanced, a hair vanilla although versatile and always feels decent underneath you.

Not expecting a banshee, but I would expect a disc of that description to be at least slightly overstable. The 4 I had were as flippy as they come.... Not anywhere close to overstable.