• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Say Good bye to 2010...favorite memories

prerube

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
For history's sake here is a recap of 2009: 2009 recap

Now lets get to bidding 2010 a fond farewell with a recap of DGCR 2010.

2010 Saw a lot of changes to the site, new topics, new features, new forums, new mods, new users, and new highlights.

2010 saw nearly 8,000 new users (from 9,500 to 17,400)

line_3C629F52.jpg

Topics switched from Cheez-its and Pirates vs. Ninjas to Pooping and "Why did my thread get landfilled". Ahh the Landfill, born 3/17/2010 to hide and store all of the overflow from the watercooler. Other changes to the site included the adding of consultants and several new moderators.
New features were added like the % complete graph and filter tabs on recent reviews. New Membership levels (crowns) were also created. New subforums began sprouting up: Rate my bag, Hole of the day and The VIP Lounge all began in 2010.

Some memorable moments from 2010:
DGCR finally got their own discs
Kachtz appeared out of no where throwing 600 feet as a noob causing choas and disbelief.
Lat 64 discs took over the marketplace, selling like cheap beer at a NASCAR race.
Apothecary fought for his rights to troll the vibram thread...and lost
Agent_Peabody not only joined in 2010, but he out postwhored or biggest posters becoming the first member to break 10,000 posts.
the 100 positive itrader club was formed for our awesome marketplace addicts
Vegan Ray got the boot from DGCR for his continual "beef" with Three putt.
Female dogs His Beef

Flyboy aviation stired things up by breaking into the top 10.

Sorry new parents and anyone who got married, feel free to list yourselves because the only new parent I know of is Kachtz.

What were your favorite moments of 2010. :popcorn:

Last edited:
without question for me would be the Mid Atlantic Meetup in beautiful Hawk Hallow. many thanks to biscoe for hosting, and all the organizers (include prerube), but especially jrawk.

The beginning (?) of a yearly Secret Santa.

The amazing # of dyers in the Okthrowberfest Dye competition.

And my personal fave...skinner21 and myself on a jovial debate @ whether darts are considered a game or sport :popcorn:

Learning to dye this year and the joy of 2 shots of morphine I got after my surgery (of course I don't remember much from that though lol)

This is supposed to be your memories of DGCR? Whups.

I'd say getting the shaft from Big Dumb Nik on those 2 red SE Rhyno's but still ending up with them in the long run.

First drop-in deuce on a 300ft hole.
First 930+ rated round.
First 350' drive in a round.
Getting my TR status AGAIN.
My first sub-par round on my home course (Castle Hayne, NC).
USDGC meet-up with a few DGCR homies (Chain Addicted, Ordered Chaos, Disc Chucker, etc)

My BEST DG memory of 2010 will be designing and installing my first course... (The Owen High Nature Trail Disc Golf Course in Black Mountain NC)... and all the hard work that went along with that. The official Grand Opening is scheduled for tomorrow (I hope it doesn't snow!).

Now I'm looking forward to building 2 more NTDGC's in 2011.
DSCJNKY

My first threat I posted about proper breathing got FLAMED like a big dog,[and well deserved Im sure] got over it and made lots of friends. Because of this sight this was a banner year for DG for me, found more cources and I think I spent over 1k$ on discs,dyes,targets and bags.

Has to be that I finally learned how to throw a good BH. Used to play pretty much all side arm and have GREATLY improved my game now that I can disc BH better. And I found my new best friend the Star Katana.