• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch

Forgot to mention --- above is my post from March 2014. This year, April 2015, we went into the pro shop and there was my ace disc, sitting up on a shelf behind the counter. They gave it back to me free of charge. They said they could see it was an ace disc, but it only had signatures on it, and not any name or number, so they just held onto it. So cool.

Also, we donated a grill grate to the Corral House fire pit -- wired it to a couple long pieces of re-bar to stretch across the pit. Hope other renters can make use of it.

20150418_185844.jpg

Excellent pay it forward, grill grate. Karma. :thmbup:

Forgot to mention --- above is my post from March 2014. This year, April 2015, we went into the pro shop and there was my ace disc, sitting up on a shelf behind the counter. They gave it back to me free of charge. They said they could see it was an ace disc, but it only had signatures on it, and not any name or number, so they just held onto it. So cool.

Also, we donated a grill grate to the Corral House fire pit -- wired it to a couple long pieces of re-bar to stretch across the pit. Hope other renters can make use of it.

20150418_185844.jpg

I was wondering who did that. I figured a fellow disc golfer over Selah Ranch. We still used propane since it is so convenient and we did not bring coals.

Just booked my annual trip for March.

Had to move it around a bit because 3 weekends in that timeframe were already booked!

Corral house now at $309/night compared to $219/night last year. Yow.

Rate is $329/night per their web site. You got a deal!

Are they having any tournaments in March? I was thinking of a weekend day trip then.

My goal next year will be to take a trip to selah ranch. It must happen!!!! IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!

How many can sleep in that house for $309-$329 per night? I paid $140 or something like that for the tack room when I stayed. I had to experience the full Selah experience but would much rather rent a house with some friends next time I am there.

How many can sleep in that house for $309-$329 per night? I paid $140 or something like that for the tack room when I stayed. I had to experience the full Selah experience but would much rather rent a house with some friends next time I am there.

The far back room has 3 single beds.

The two true bedrooms each have a queen bed.

There is a couch (and a loveseat) in the living room / pool room.

There is a couch in the kitchen.

So --- if you don't want to double up in the queens, you have beds for 5 guys, plus a couch, (plus the couch in the kitchen), plus floor space. BUT THERE'S ONLY ONE BATHROOM!! You can negotiate using the toilets/showers over at the pro shop, likely for an extra fee. There's been talk of adding a second bathroom, but I haven't heard anything concrete on that.

Website says a hide-a-bed is available for $45/day. I don't know exactly what that is, as we've never done that. Maybe the couch in the kitchen pulls out?

Two night minimum.

Website also says Corral House rate is for 7-person occupancy. They used to quote a rate-per-person over 7 --- not sure if they still allow that?

When selah first opened the corral house was around 149/night. We packed 8 in in it one time (3 couples +2) and it was so cheap.

Anybody been out to Selah lately? Anything to report? I'm getting pretty excited about my annual trip...but still have a few weeks to wait.

Anybody been out to Selah lately? Anything to report? I'm getting pretty excited about my annual trip...but still have a few weeks to wait.

I just played last weekend. Everything was perfect. It was still just a tiny bit muddy in low areas, in which I never even landed. It looks like they actually drained a large portion of the back pond at Creekside, holes 3,4, and 5, so the water hazard there was actually a lot less "hazard" than normal.

So like I said... perfect shape.

I just booked four nights in the Corral House. My regular Sunday group and I are going to make our first trip and I am so excited!
If anyone has any tips or suggestions for me...I'm all ears.

I just booked four nights in the Corral House. My regular Sunday group and I are going to make our first trip and I am so excited!

Take steaks and beer if you drink it. Cook the steaks on the outdoor fire pit. Have a schedule for bathroom use... only one.

Play fearless. It's more fun that way and you won't get to at such a great course very often.

Take pics and share with us. Those that have been there want to go back and those that haven't been there don't know what they're missing.

When are you going? We usually do March but went mid-April last year and there were lots more snakes and poison ivy than we'd ever seen in March....so be mindful of that.

Use carts. We do 3 people per cart....2 riding and 1 walking, with all 3 bags on the cart. We use bungees, or just use your bag straps to secure to the cart.

If you're taking beer on the carts, we've found they tend to break from getting jostled around. We devised dividers for the coolers to keep the bottles from clanking together.

The pro shop has extra bathrooms and showers, which they've told us we can use for a small extra fee. Might be worth asking about depending on how many you have sharing the 1 bathroom in the Corral House.

Plug in your carts between rounds.

Bring discs you don't care about losing in the water. Also, the pro shop sells lost-n-found discs for fairly cheap.

As mentioned above, grilling on the fire-pit is nice, so we always bring some lump charcoal. There is a gas grill as well.

Don't be afraid, or too proud, to play short tees, long tees, or a mix.

Use carts. We do 3 people per cart....2 riding and 1 walking, with all 3 bags on the cart. We use bungees, or just use your bag straps to secure to the cart.

Whatever you do, please do no try to ride three in a cart. If you can afford to get there, you can afford to pay for a cart if you want to use one.

If you're taking beer on the carts, we've found they tend to break from getting jostled around. We devised dividers for the coolers to keep the bottles from clanking together.

Cans don't break.

Plug in your carts between rounds.

There is really no need to "plug in" gas carts.

Don't be afraid, or too proud, to play short tees, long tees, or a mix.

Or to skip holes and mix up parts of both courses for a round. Like skipping some of the "meh" holes on Lakeside and finishing up on the last 5 holes of Creekside.

Whatever you do, please do no try to ride three in a cart. If you can afford to get there, you can afford to pay for a cart if you want to use one.

Exactly, which is why I said 2 riding and 1 walking. Riding 3 on a cart is a very good way to get the owners/managers on your bad side.

Cans don't break.

Obviously.

There is really no need to "plug in" gas carts.

Again, obviously. If you stay at Corral House and pay for an additional cart, odds are very good it will be electric. Unless they've phased out their electrics since last April.

Go big or go home, right?

Selah is the best and you deserve the best = rent a cabin. Great pressure in the 2-person shower <wink nudge nudge>, 35 inch TV with satellite, full-size fridge but no stove, gas grill on the back deck and a f-ing HOT TUB by the cart plug-in station. It ain't cheap but the king bed makes sure you are rested enough to play from both tees the next day.

You earned it, so go get it :thmbup: