• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sharpie art on discs?

I've never done a Sharpie disc myself, just dyes, but I may try one for the hell of it. Do you find that certain plastics work better for Sharpie, like certain plastics dye better?

Here's what I did to my Ultralight Defender.

attachment.php

The flippiest disc I have ever had... I can whip this thing out with so much hyzer it's ten degrees from vertical and it will flip over and turn.

Attachments

• IMG_1584.JPG
    IMG_1584.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,125
Here's some of mine, don't have the courage to dye yet.

Thundercats logo on Star Katana
ThundercatsKatanaCloseup.jpg

Jets logo on Pro-D BuzZz
JetsBuzZz.jpg

Canes logo on DX Teebird
CanesTeebirdCloseup.jpg

Canes Alt. logo on DX Teebird
DSCN0898.jpg

Gators logo on Star Mako
FloridaMakoCloseup.jpg

^^ Those all turned out great... I like the canes logos. Haven't followed hockey in years, but I like their alt. logo. Good work!!

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

Thought I would give the sharpie thing a try. I drew on the bottom so it would look more like the koi in my pond. I dont care for it, I am going to try dye and a sponge next time.

picture.php

picture.php

epic with ink, not gonna happen
i tried 2 markers, 4 pens - all wipe off with your fingers pretty easy...

i did dye mine too, soaked it for hours in the dye, didnt take the dye too well, but its permanent, way better than dx dyes

i want to know what pen Innova uses to mark their x-outs
that shh... stuff is permanent
Try a "Sharpie Industrial". Most office supply stores will have them...
It's a much more permanent "Pigment" based ink as opposed to the "Dye" based ink used in the regular Sharpies...:thmbup:

I am shocked (SHOCKED!) no one has mentioned Chris Sprague in this thread yet. Here's a link to his facebook album...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=14153&id=579859076

It doesn't seem to be private, I'm not friended with him and I can access it just fine. Those are done, I believe, as hand applied dye, using bamboo writing tools.

/\ this /\

If you haven't yet, check this out. The artwork is insane, I especially like the G.I.Joe disc (and I'm not even a G.I.Joe fan)

Thought I would give the sharpie thing a try. I drew on the bottom so it would look more like the koi in my pond. I dont care for it, I am going to try dye and a sponge next time.

picture.php

picture.php

I like it! You should do it on another disc with actual Rit dye and vinyl and still bottom dye it. Nice job.

I've heard colored Sharpies fade faster than black. Any idea if that's true? I'm thinking about using the silver metallic on a navy blue disc, and maybe the gold Sharpies that are out now for the holidays. I'm assuming it will work? Worst case scenario, I end up with gold all over my disc. BALLIN.

Mine aren't old enough to have faded yet, so I have no idea about color vs. black. I used the silver for the stick in the Hurricanes Alt logo, it turned out better than I expected.

saw some markers at the local scrapbook store. Claim to be fade proof and a bunch of other junk, anyone try fancy dancy markers like this. This place had a rack of colors they are perm. markers for scrapbooking and caligraphy and junk.

saw some markers at the local scrapbook store. Claim to be fade proof and a bunch of other junk, anyone try fancy dancy markers like this. This place had a rack of colors they are perm. markers for scrapbooking and caligraphy and junk.

My wife is a big time scrapbooker (Please help! lol) so I can talk to her about it if you know the brand. However the thing to remember is that they are made for scrapbooking which usually does not get covered in mud, water, and snow.

I think all the Sharpie artwork on discs looks tacky. I have a friend that did a lot of his and it looks ridic. I never know what to say when he shows me one of his new ones. :\

Latest posts