• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sharpie art on discs?

I also did this one

ClintEastwood.jpg

Damn your good. Love the Tiger and the Clint Eastwood.

My daughter drew this on a DX Cobra.

Attachments

• Donut Boy.jpg
    Donut Boy.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 189
My first attempt - just used sharpies I had laying around, so not quite as good as it could have been.

Attachments

• disc.JPG
    disc.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 94
Did one more last night. Didn't have pure acetone, so I used nail polish remover to remove the stamp, but it wouldn't take all of it. Overall still happy with it.

Next I'm hoping to do an actual dye.

Attachments

• batmandisc.jpg
    batmandisc.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 68
Did one more last night. Didn't have pure acetone, so I used nail polish remover to remove the stamp, but it wouldn't take all of it. Overall still happy with it.

Next I'm hoping to do an actual dye.

Nice! Did you draw from scratch or use a template?

Nice! Did you draw from scratch or use a template?

Had to use a template. I'm far from an artist, so I need all the help I can get.

I printed what I wanted, taped it to the back of the disc, and lit it from underneath. Could still see through the disc enough to trace it from there.

Yeah, I admit it... I'm a tracer. I'm comfortable with my station in life.

Bradley Williams left one of his putters for my girlfriend to go crazy on. I think she did alright. Still haven't sent it to Brad yet.. He'll have to wait :)

resizedscf6190.jpg

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

Didn't Realize that I deleted that photo.. Try this instead!!

dscf6003n.jpg

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

this is my girlfriend and I at Epcot a few years ago.. i don't have any other pictures on my computer because I just formatted my hard drives recently.

And she is interested in doing more work on discs.. just not sure what price range to be looking for. She does artwork for commission already so this wouldn't be too much of a change for her :)

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

TMNT Katana

I played with a guy who was throwing this Katana and I had to take a picture to share with everyone

attachment.php

Attachments

• Katana-TMNT-Leo.jpg
    Katana-TMNT-Leo.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 464
I've heard colored Sharpies fade faster than black. Any idea if that's true? I'm thinking about using the silver metallic on a navy blue disc, and maybe the gold Sharpies that are out now for the holidays. I'm assuming it will work? Worst case scenario, I end up with gold all over my disc. BALLIN.

Silver is hard to get consistent and will wear off, as will most colors. Blue seems to be the best lasting. I have had to touch up my clear VooDoo putter a couple of times but it is also prob my most thrown disc. The blue, even on the outer rim, is the only color I haven't had to touch up. Silver comes off the fastest, but is on top outer rim so is also handled the most.