• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shaving cream design and Results

IMG_20130421_083635_zpsa3260f79.jpg

I forgot to take a pic of the design first:\

This was my first shaving cream dye and I was too excited haha

great job man! awesome dye :clap:

Heres one i did the other day. Probably should of left it in longer but i got impatient. Still looks pretty sweet though i think. Throws a lot better now its not so yellow. ;)

yellowPure_zps3b7b0079.jpg

Do you guys use liquid rit dye? I do that with ine and only the black gets on the disc and not the reds/blues/greens. Can anyone help me and tell me how I can get those colors to stick?!

Do you guys use liquid rit dye? I do that with ine and only the black gets on the disc and not the reds/blues/greens. Can anyone help me and tell me how I can get those colors to stick?!

The new Rit dye doesn't work. I have never used it, that is what I have read on here. I haven't done a shaving cream dye, but I use iDye Poly for the dyes I have done and I believe that is what others are using for shaving cream dyes.

The new Rit dye doesn't work. I have never used it, that is what I have read on here. I haven't done a shaving cream dye, but I use iDye Poly for the dyes I have done and I believe that is what others are using for shaving cream dyes.

Yup, this is true. I have OLD powder Rit dyes in a bunch of colors. I've not had a chance to compare side by side with the iDye Poly, as I have not run out of any colors yet. Based on the brilliant colors I've seen on here, I'm betting the iDye Poly works really well and probably better than the Rit, and iDye Poly your best bet for buying new dyes.

I have the black old dye that im using right now for a different type of marbling that peebody does =) ill post a pic of my most recent atempt =D

Attachments

• 100_2427.jpg
    100_2427.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 100_2428.jpg
    100_2428.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 104
Sorry if this has been asked before ( i didnt see it here), Can you just mix the dye powder into the shaving cream or do you have to mix it with water first?

Sorry if this has been asked before ( i didnt see it here), Can you just mix the dye powder into the shaving cream or do you have to mix it with water first?

Try it out and post it here...

Just guessing there might not be enough liquid for the dye to dissolve into - I just add the dye to a small amount of water, just enough do dissolve the dye.

When using RIT dye for SC marbling I've done both. I mix a concentrated liquid to mix with the shaving cream, but you can also 'sprinkle' the powder over the top of the bed to get a cool texture.