• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simon's Vlog

There's really no reason a top flight pro like Simon can't figure out any putter in the world, given enough time and practice.

All this blabber about him needing a special disc just for him is silly. He can make it work with time, either with anodes or any other gyro molded putter.

Will he get a putter like James did? More than likely. Is it because he cant make anything else work for him? No.

I've played every course Simon's featured on his vlog since he's been with MVP, and I'm enjoying it more watching courses I've played, because I have a better feel gor the holes.

He's right about Dreher park being noisy. Pretty cool setting visually, but lots of planes, and literally right off I-95

He throws a Glitch further than i can drive!! . . fun to see Simon throw US discs like the SPIN and not turning them over. .he has amazing touch

I think a lot of people consider the Envy a throwing putter and not a putting putter. Which is a shame as one disc can fill both spots.

I don't think MVP is 'handcuffing' Simon, I've seen it as a request not an order....I've never seen them or him say he HAS to putt with a gyro putter. Truthfully, I think he is handcuffing himself. I've only seen him putt with the Anode....why isn't he trying any of the other gyro putters? My guess is that the measurements of the Anode come the closest to what he was putting with, so he expects it to act the same. He should get two of each putter (Ion, Atom, Envy, Nomad, any other one I might have overlooked) and test them with his Anodes. See what works best for him and then try that disc in different plastics. If he absolutely can't get one to work for him, go to MVP and say....I need you to create "this" putter for me or I'll try the non-gryo putters.

The past few days I watched what I think were three on course video's with Casey White in South Florida. I don't remember which video, but Simon was muttering about being stuck with the Anode. He didn't say anything else beyond that, but perhaps wanting to try an Axiom mode?

On a happier note, I dropped another C3 with the Eclipse Envy this morning at about the same distance 80 feet. The glide is just so smooth, which I hadn't seen with other approach putters. The Plasma Envy going on 4 months now is by far my best putter, can now use within C2 before switching to the Eclipse, and dropped one 50 feet today. I like my combo.

The past few days I watched what I think were three on course video's with Casey White in South Florida. I don't remember which video, but Simon was muttering about being stuck with the Anode. He didn't say anything else beyond that, but perhaps wanting to try an Axiom mode?

On a happier note, I dropped another C3 with the Eclipse Envy this morning at about the same distance 80 feet. The glide is just so smooth, which I hadn't seen with other approach putters. The Plasma Envy going on 4 months now is by far my best putter, can now use within C2 before switching to the Eclipse, and dropped one 50 feet today. I like my combo.

I've enjoyed the Florida Vlog video's also.

I find it interesting to see that Casey and Simon still seem to be pimping each others discs even though they are with different manufacturers. I wonder if this is part of the deal between MVP and Discmania. Or maybe my imagination is making a stretch on this one.

I've enjoyed the Florida Vlog video's also.

I find it interesting to see that Casey and Simon still seem to be pimping each others discs even though they are with different manufacturers. I wonder if this is part of the deal between MVP and Discmania. Or maybe my imagination is making a stretch on this one.

I think it's based on their friendship. Up until the past few weeks, I hadn't watch all of Simon's video's but Casey has appeared in several in the past. The past 4 months my bag is now mostly MVP, like Conrad I'll be watching a lot more of Simon.

Casey needs to go shave his face, he looks like a cheese ball :)

I think it's based on their friendship. Up until the past few weeks, I hadn't watch all of Simon's video's but Casey has appeared in several in the past. The past 4 months my bag is now mostly MVP, like Conrad I'll be watching a lot more of Simon.

Casey needs to go shave his face, he looks like a cheese ball :)

I had the pleasure of meeting Casey at Maple Hill last October. I had finished up our early morning round with 2 of the club members, and stuck around a bit to watch a tourney. One of the members pointed out Casey as his group was waiting to tee off on hole 1. He joked around and took a picture with me.

Very nice down to earth dude. I'm glad to see him and Simon continue their Vlog posts on their respective channels.

Starting to wonder if Simon wiped the Stamp on his putter so he can test prototypes of his own putter without anyone finding out?

Simon has said before that he wipes his putters so he doesn't feel like he has to alight the stamp a certain way for each putt. Maybe a little OCD kicking in.

I first noticed him doing this a couple of years ago. Maybe around the time he was kind of switching between the P2 and the P1? If I thought wiping the stamp off of my putters would help my game I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Could have something to do with reflection of lights/the sun off the stamp getting in ones eyes? I've experienced this & thought about how sometimes a stamp is annoying because it's blinding me.

I've been wondering if the Anode's measurements is the closest thing to what he used to putt with....so he's 'stuck' with it since anything else would take even more learning/practice. Maybe he's 'stuck' with it awaiting MVP to create a putter for him that is closer to what he wants.

I've been wondering if the Anode's measurements is the closest thing to what he used to putt with....so he's 'stuck' with it since anything else would take even more learning/practice. Maybe he's 'stuck' with it awaiting MVP to create a putter for him that is closer to what he wants.

Can't remember if he putts with P2 or P1x, but according to trydiscs.com the Ohm and Anode are MVPs closest representations respectively.

He was a P2 guy for a loooong time but IIRC for the last 2-3 years he was off and or between P1-P1x-P2. I think fading out was his problem but as we all know he surely fixed that in 2022

Axiom really lucking out here. Latest vlog he throws the Tesla once and the Hex three times but drives with Axiom or Streamline for all 14 other holes.

Cool to see he is taking time of from the Vlog to really practice and get to know his discs, in his own words.

He seems uncommitted to the anode as his putting putter.

I said when Simon moved to MVP, that he's a 'feel' guy, and his biggest obstacle is getting partway into new discs, and then reminisce about how well he knew his old discs… how good it felt to throw them well… could lead him into a hole for awhile. Nikko just throws discs, so he doesn't really care which ones they are. Simon does care. He wants to feel like he can throw a skip shot at will, with a disc he's thrown well a thousand times. He doesn't look happy right now, but it's temporary.

Latest posts