• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simon's Vlog

Just watched his latest video where he discusses his bag while playing. Two things I noticed from his comments:

1. Putting: he said he is struggling getting used to the glide of the Anode. And that he hasn't practiced putting much. So his putting issues are on him (per his comment).
2. Skill: he forgot his shoes and played in slippers. Even in slippers he's a far better disc golfer than me.

I said when Simon moved to MVP, that he's a 'feel' guy, and his biggest obstacle is getting partway into new discs, and then reminisce about how well he knew his old discs… how good it felt to throw them well… could lead him into a hole for awhile. Nikko just throws discs, so he doesn't really care which ones they are. Simon does care. He wants to feel like he can throw a skip shot at will, with a disc he's thrown well a thousand times. He doesn't look happy right now, but it's temporary.

Anybody who's thrown the same bag for 10 years would be in the exact same boat.

Except Paul…he's got the Jordan chip on his shoulder.

I said when Simon moved to MVP, that he's a 'feel' guy, and his biggest obstacle is getting partway into new discs, and then reminisce about how well he knew his old discs… how good it felt to throw them well… could lead him into a hole for awhile. Nikko just throws discs, so he doesn't really care which ones they are. Simon does care. He wants to feel like he can throw a skip shot at will, with a disc he's thrown well a thousand times. He doesn't look happy right now, but it's temporary.

From what he said it seems like he was just putting up content on Youtube to give the people what they wanted.

In today's video he played in slippers, and was throwing discs he had just throw into his bag that morning. I wasn't expecting much from him in this video, lol. I'm not even sure why he would post this.

I am glad he is taking time off from vlogging to properly learn his discs. I believe he will be fine. I look forward to seeing how he progresses.

From what he said it seems like he was just putting up content on Youtube to give the people what they wanted.

In today's video he played in slippers, and was throwing discs he had just throw into his bag that morning. I wasn't expecting much from him in this video, lol. I'm not even sure why he would post this.

I am glad he is taking time off from vlogging to properly learn his discs. I believe he will be fine. I look forward to seeing how he progresses.

The answer to the bolded line is in your first sentence. He gives "...the people what they want[ed]..: We want to see Simon throwing, we want to see Simon throwing his new discs, we want to hear what he likes/dislikes about his new discs, we want to see Simon Lines.

He's not afraid of showing us his struggles, he's not concerned about every video and every shot being perfect.

Those are the reasons I enjoy watching Simon's VLOGs....he's taking us along with him on his disc golf journey.

The answer to the bolded line is in your first sentence. He gives "...the people what they want[ed]..: We want to see Simon throwing, we want to see Simon throwing his new discs, we want to hear what he likes/dislikes about his new discs, we want to see Simon Lines.

He's not afraid of showing us his struggles, he's not concerned about every video and every shot being perfect.

Those are the reasons I enjoy watching Simon's VLOGs....he's taking us along with him on his disc golf journey.

Yeah I enjoyed seeing him and Casey in Florida. Not so much him throwing in his slippers in the mud, lol. While it is genuine, it isn't quite as entertaining as one might think.

I am now excited to see him learn his discs and posting his vids throwing like Simon.

Yeah I enjoyed seeing him and Casey in Florida. Not so much him throwing in his slippers in the mud, lol. While it is genuine, it isn't quite as entertaining as one might think.

I am now excited to see him learn his discs and posting his vids throwing like Simon.

Yeah, the slippers were strange. But he did explain it, he had left his shoes at home. While he hasn't come out and said it before, he has shoes that he only wears disc golfing. You can see in some videos where he is putting them on before a round or taking them off afterwards. So he drives in something else and that day, slippers were probably comfortable enough to drive in. I am surprised he doesn't just keep his disc golf shoes with his bag, but he might have taken them out of the car to clean them....or he just forgot to pick them up when he loaded the car. It was kind of funny though.

Yeah, the slippers were strange. But he did explain it, he had left his shoes at home. While he hasn't come out and said it before, he has shoes that he only wears disc golfing. You can see in some videos where he is putting them on before a round or taking them off afterwards. So he drives in something else and that day, slippers were probably comfortable enough to drive in. I am surprised he doesn't just keep his disc golf shoes with his bag, but he might have taken them out of the car to clean them....or he just forgot to pick them up when he loaded the car. It was kind of funny though.

I saw that whole part. One option would have been not to play that day. Or drive home and get his shoes. I do that all the time, lol. It's what I would have done. No need to force content because he thinks it's "what the people want".

This post was worth it to me only to see him talk about how it he needs to go offline and learn the discs, and how trying to learn them with a camera in his face (although granted it IS his camera) is distracting and counter productive, lol.

You seem a little bit too invested in Simon, Bill. You gonna be okay while he takes a couple weeks away from the vlog?

You seem a little bit too invested in Simon, Bill. You gonna be okay while he takes a couple weeks away from the vlog?

Oh, it's going to be tough. I may go into withdrawals.

Seriously though....I've met Simon and seen many of his videos. He's a friendly guy, takes time to chat with people, and really just enjoys what he does. That is what makes his videos so much more interesting to me. Especially seeing him throw Simon Lines.

Anybody who's thrown the same bag for 10 years would be in the exact same boat.

Except Paul…he's got the Jordan chip on his shoulder.

Paul was constantly mixing his bag up, often to promote a disc, sometimes cause he didn't seem happy with his options.

Of course parts of his bag (Putting Putters, Roc3s and Destroyers) he seemed to really be attached to specific discs and runs.

His adjustment period was never something I was too worried about.

I still have no idea how he came up with the luna. It is such a different feeling putting putter. Maybe its my grip that makes it and aviars feel so different.

The latest vlog ("the one in the slippers") also included enough audio to hear the "whoosh" of the discs on release. Pros are so smooth that unless you're standing near one of them when they throw, it's difficult to grasp how **** fast they get the disc moving.

The latest vlog ("the one in the slippers") also included enough audio to hear the "whoosh" of the discs on release. Pros are so smooth that unless you're standing near one of them when they throw, it's difficult to grasp how **** fast they get the disc moving.

That's something I've really enjoyed over the years volunteering at DGLO. At first, it kinda blew my mind realizing that their release even sounds different.

Did you guys see the axolotl in the Masked Singer commercial? It's gotta be Simon in that costume. I knew he could throw a disc and host a show, but I didn't know he could sing. He's the David Hasselhoff of disc golf.

I feel him on the Envy thing, I really wanted to like them but just...didn't.

Latest posts