• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

I played 18 in the rain and was +2 of what I normally do, so wasn't the worst round. I am getting a lot better feel for my bag lately so thats good.

I played 18 in the rain and was +2 of what I normally do, so wasn't the worst round. I am getting a lot better feel for my bag lately so thats good.

It's like you're Jim Halpert trying to get Michael Scott in trouble...

68 at Steady Ed Memorial from reds, wherever baskets are today. Don't think I botched too many throws too badly. Love the course. Too bad it's way too far away and even a bit out of the way to hit regularly.

Awful. I was about 5-7 over where I have been shooting. IT was really wet and I think I hit the basket on 5-6 putts but still doesn't feel great. I started off fairly good, but fell a part in the second half

Made my first visit of the year at New Quarter in Williamsburg, Va since last fall. First time with a bag just about all MVP/Axiom since I decided to flip my bag a year ago, and first time with a 3-step building my form. I have about 30 rounds on the course, and it was weird with the longer distance off the tee and discing down including approaches. Disc of the day my Relay saving two pars after trouble off the tee, and what will be a memorable approach watching it turn over flip thru a gap to pick up birdie. Bummed out that I arrived at the course too late for a 2nd round, slow traffic, and decided to much to do back home.

Shot a -11, which is 3 strokes off my personal best at NAD Park, my home course which I've played well over a thousand rounds. DGCR rated round of 1029 lol, so knock off at least 40 pts. for accuracy's sake. Second round was -7, I missed a few putts that I seemed to make in the first round. On this course a few inches off on throws can be a 4-5 stroke difference, it's pretty technical.

I'm 66 y/o, I've still got some game on shorter wooded courses. :thmbup:

I shot 18 strokes worse than yesterday and my second lowest rated round since I learned the x-step 2.5+ years ago. Makes me question why I play this game.

Played a round with a buddy where we let a wheel on his phone pick out disc speed on every hole. Was pretty fun! Shot -4 with random discs on most holes.

My son, just turning 14 and placing 65th in MJ-15 at worlds, was moderately under the weather yesterday...and still beat me by 2 from the Spring Valley shorts last night. This is the first year he's ahead of me for the season, and his record is 28-8-4 against me. He wasn't even putting that well.

Last year all season I beat him by a total of 4 games. The year before, he beat me 9 out of 110 games...

Edit: Looks like I just missed DFrah, who reviewed Spring Valley perfectly while we were at worlds. Missed Ru4por in town too! One of these days, gentlemen...

5 down at leister park in westminster new personal best. Beat my wife by like 20 strokes.

Forehand feels pretty back!

Dunno if it is fully back, haven't had a chance (or been willing) to throw it really hard. And I still have enough soreness at the edges of my range of motion that I don't want to. But generally speaking its back, which is a huge relief coming up on 3 full months out from the injury. Dunno if it was a slight acute tear or something worse, definitely rotator cuff, but so happy it feels on its way. At nearly 40 I'm starting to worry anytime I get hurt that it'll be something that'll hound me for the rest of my DG life.

Yesterday I went to Hudson Mills and got in a round with skamanda (which, oddly, my autocorrect just turned into skmaanda) on the Original Course, long tees. Skamanda spent the round throwing shots to prep for a tournament next weekend. I threw one shot per lie throughout, didn't take any extras because I wanted to see what I would shoot. Wound up coming in with a -8 (66). I think I could have got another birdie or two, but in the middle of my hottest run of the round on the early letter holes I tried a few 400 foot holes with a Buzzz just to work on opening up my arm with that disc - both times threw it incredibly poorly. Overall though the Buzzz was the source of a few of the birdies, as was the forehand with a few different discs (Destroyer, Valk, Stiletto). Didn't really do anything crazy out there. Maybe the most impressive shot was a low rip Stiletto to 5-7 feet on B, which UDisc says is 417 feet but I think DGCR has correct at 400 even. Otherwise I just kinda moseyed through the easy birdies out there, flubbed a few easy fairway edge approaches from 75 and then flubbed the 20 footers for bogeys. Ended up with 2 bogeys on the round, both from spots that shoulda been easy pitches to inside 10.

Pretty sure that score is above my current rating, though I haven't bothered skimming through PDGA results because I've got no idea what the weather has been at tournaments out there lately.

With the forehand - Sunday doubles the day before had been the first time throwing it in over 2 weeks. I've been kinda keeping a pattern off non-use to use where I take about two weeks off between really kinda putting it to use, and consistently working rehab exercises with resistance in between. I'm starting to get confident that I can start using it multiple times per week again. Hopefully by mid-late July I'll be back to where I feel comfortable trying to pop some distance shots out with it.

On the ground, I didn't bump my head reaching down to make my birdie putt, I used the pole as my marker. No. 2 Munden Point this morning. It was a good line, but too high, if the disc hadn't of clip a branch from the cedar on my left, would of reached the wood line. The red basket is tighter than it looks in the photo. I've been 15 feet to the left and right and have two putted, nasty stuff back there. On the right putted about 8 feet in the air hoping for a fade and a miracle. I now try to park it between the two baskets.

Teed off before 7, finished 2nd round quarter after 9, thought about a 3rd round, nope first tee was stacked. Have never seen that at Munden before, even on a Holiday. The course is 15 miles out of town.

Attachments

• pp.jpg
    pp.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 7
Yesterday I walked off the course after 11 holes. I think I need to focus more on putting the last 4-5 rounds my putting has been awful and really need to improve that.

Practice on the course today, went to see if the 2 'lightbulb moments' I've had recently are actually going to help me progress from 'SuperSuck' to just 'Suck'. The answer appears to be mostly yes; on several holes I threw drives better than I ever have for that hole. Even got off my new longest throw ever and made an easy par on a hole that has always been a bogey/double hole for me. The day ended poorly though when I absolutely yanked my drive on 18 a good 125' to the right of the fairway; it started a little right of my intended line but then just kept sailing further & further right. I ducked my head in shame, went and found my disc, and didn't finish the hole. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Kind of a weird round. I didn't feel like I played that good or bad, but I threw some decent shots and scored well.

Was trying out the Tortuga and it putts pretty well, and I made a couple nice ones with it.

Nice round. Average score. Had the putt dialed, which was an encouraging change. Got more than a few from well outside circle.

Got a rare round in with the fiancée, we each took 2-3 discs and played a 9 hole version from the short tees on one of the more challenging 18 holers in the area. It was really nice, the weather was perfect (for Iceland) and we had a great time.

I was reminded that she's a heck of a player considering she's played like 2 dozen rounds ever. I swear she learned to throw spike hyzers, pushing hyzers, spin putts and added 50' of distance in just one round. I wish I had her level of talent.

Latest posts