• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing a tournament tomorrow so I got out this morning to play a round at my home course. Everything was playing between 250' and 400' so the distances match up pretty well with the course I'll be playing tomorrow. Ended up playing bogey free and shooting the best round I ever have at 6 down (-6). I was 4 down through the first 7 holes, which was when I caught up to someone playing in front of me. I decided to finish the round with him, as it would be closer to tournament play. I didn't make the best shots in the world, but still shot a bogey free -2 for the last 11 holes. It was awesome! Really looking forward to tomorrow, even though I'm basically going into the tournament blind.

Played Madeline Bertrand in Niles michigan. Shot a 57 a 58 an my personal best round ever 53 1 under pro par I was stoked. Got a new meteor an boy I love that disc for those dog leg rights

Not bad overall. I was on a roll and threatening my personal best at my local course when I came to 17. They moved the OB island to a very dangerous spot with where I need to land if I am pushing for a shot at 3 on the hole. I needed the 3 there and a bird on the last hole (usually makeable) to beat my course record. I tried to play it just to the right of the ob island as I figured I may as well go big and go for a new best. of course I JUST fade into the ob island...which takes a few feet off as well, so my next so it leaves a really long run for (now 4)...and I just missed...card a 5. Pick up the bird on hole 18 and end up 1 back from my personal best. Oh well, that's what I get for going for it.

+9 at Paint Creek State Park. First time I ever played there -- definitely not the last. I need a basket so I can work on my putting at home -- I lost five or six strokes today because of missed putts.

Not bad overall. I was on a roll and threatening my personal best at my local course when I came to 17. They moved the OB island to a very dangerous spot with where I need to land if I am pushing for a shot at 3 on the hole. I needed the 3 there and a bird on the last hole (usually makeable) to beat my course record. I tried to play it just to the right of the ob island as I figured I may as well go big and go for a new best. of course I JUST fade into the ob island...which takes a few feet off as well, so my next so it leaves a really long run for (now 4)...and I just missed...card a 5. Pick up the bird on hole 18 and end up 1 back from my personal best. Oh well, that's what I get for going for it.

hole 17 is always my make or break holes. i usually am on track for beating my record...always run the putt on the 2 to try and big time break it and usually end up 2 or 3 away from tieing my personal best. that always happens and i dont mind it anymore. all or nothing baby

Had a good week of golf, played 36 every morning this week and threw my personal best of 58 (-5) early in the week. Then followed it up with a HORRIBLE round today, I couldn't throw anything where I wanted it to go. Going to take the weekend off and get ready for my 6 day weekend next week.

Although I did have some very satisfying moments, going kaboom over the pond at the valley for about a 100 foot putt, parking hole 17 at Oakwood, piping hole 16 for a deuce opportunity and then also a roller on hole 3 at the valley which rolled under a huge fallen tree which I had to balance on top of for my deuce putt, lol. That was fun and I made it. I guess looking back there were fun moments despite how ****ty I am playing.

Really just reinforces the notion that i need to be a better putter. That is where I am losing nearly all of my strokes, and I am losing a LOT of them.

hole 17 is always my make or break holes. i usually am on track for beating my record...always run the putt on the 2 to try and big time break it and usually end up 2 or 3 away from tieing my personal best. that always happens and i dont mind it anymore. all or nothing baby

Agreed. I don't mind going for it and failing. Playing it safe and ending up tying would feel like a major let down.

Agreed. I don't mind going for it and failing. Playing it safe and ending up tying would feel like a major let down.

exactly what i do. ive gone into hole 17 like -3 and end up at like +3 from just playing way too risky. but whats the point of tying it again? i wanna break my records haha. im not going to remember another tie on my personal best, but ill sure as hell remember beating my personal best :thmbup:

Actually pretty well (for me). They had Turner Park set up for the sanctioned tourney tomorrow in the "ultra long" configuration (18 is 1003 feet) and I scored a 73. Even in the regular positions Turner can kick my tail, so I was quite happy today. Made some long putts, that is encouraging.

-4 at Capital Springs shorts and -6 at the home course.

Pretty fun day. Drives are getting to the point where I can almost tell them what I want them to do and they execute the plan. Pretty fun stuff.

Started on Kaposia #22 this morning. All of my practice throws were pretty errant, but I managed to get one inside the circle for a deuce (lhbh).

With that, I started the day 2,3,2,3,4.... Then came #27: chains high, about a basketwidth to the left, nearly a laser line the whole way, and straight into the parking lot! haha.

Rest of the day went pretty well though. Not behind by much.

Like ****.

So did everybody else, but I threw slightly ****tier, which is in itself a feat. Def got the men separated from the boys today.

Thought it was all good, started off on 22 and shot par to 27 where i carded my deuce, then another on hole 2, then...

A 5 on hole 3. You tell me how that happens when you're pin high 60 feet out because I can't wrap my head around it. I shot well for the most part and then would just have a breakdown hole. Even the tougher holes like hole 5 and 10 I'd take a 3 and then screw up some dumb way and card a 5 on the next hole.

Last edited:
going into the last 6 holes I had a chance to beat my low score ever at my home course (8 down), got in my head and ended six down... still a pretty good round! Second round got cut short because I helped put the baskets in on the a new course on the same location

played my first round at the new 50 acre park disc golf course in Evergreen Park, IL. I shot a -1 but missed a few easy birdie putts. I am loving this course though. My new saint pro's are working out nicely for me.

Spraying drives high and right today - which resulted in 2 lost teebirds. Ugh. I had been on a long roll of not losing discs. Oh well...one was a teebird I've found anyways.

Through 2 rounds played though I scored reasonably well. A couple nice birdies and I'm getting much better with my forehand which is helping lower scores. Putted and upshot very well. just need to get those drives under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.