• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set a PB tonight. Shot 50 on a par 56. Was throwing 380' accurately and consistently and made a couple 40' putts. The clutch disc for me tonight was my Shield I got a trilogy challenge last week. Was throwing great up-shots and great putts too. Had to use it cause someone walked off with my judge last wednesday. Had a tonne of fun too. great times all around.

Bagged 2 rounds at a new course with lots of elevation. First time I've really had it come into play to that degree - and WOW is it amazing what a hill can do to you. 500' par 4....should be an easy par, maybe a bird....or not....stupid hill just eating distance off each throw. Ugh. Then a huge 500' downhill (way downhill) par 3. Seems way out of reach. Throw my roadrunner on a nice lowish line and watch it turn, and turn, and turn - oh crap. Wait, its fading back now - wow, still fading, whew....landed safe. All said I was ~30 short and to the right of the pin. I've rarely hit 300' with some hill assist before, that was ~470 - definitely fun to watch a disc fly that far. Can't imagine what it'd be like to be able to throw that far on the flat.

Outside of the hilly fun I was (generally) on line with my drives and putted very well. I also had a SWEET ~170' birdie with my roc3. Amazing how hard that thing smashed chains from that far out. Also nice that I was able to turn that fail drive (stupid trees) into a bird with a nice throw and a LOT of luck.

It was hot at always here but the clouds were blocking the sun so I had a great round. Not sop much my score of +13 but the few pars and birdie chances will keep me going back!

Haven't been playing much lately, even on my own course. I played 9 yesterday and shot a 5 under 22, just one off of my course record. With the exception of one bad tee shot, on hole #1, everything else went very well. It was a lot of fun, especially after not playing a whole round for a while. The course seemed kind of "new" to me since the foliage is a lot different than it was the last time I played a full round. :thmbup:

Basically the same deal, today. But I shot a 23 and not a 22. Had 5 medium to long chances for additional 2s but missed them all. So this was the first, semi-legit, shot that I ever had at going 9 down on my own course. So 4 down seems pretty tame. I'll take it though.

Shot 5 over at league last night while it was really windy and decided to go back this morning with my buddy and couldn't seem to get any height out of my throws. I slept poorly last night too so I'm thinking it was arm fatigue, I'm gonna take a nap then get back out there for league tonight.

shot +6 on first round at bryant lake. played with some random dude out there. he actually threw a quest disc as his workhorse driver!!

then later met my buddy out there, and i shot even. it was raining the whole time for the second round

Placed third in MAII (Amateur intermediate) at the BC Open in Langley this weekend. I was quite happy with my second and third round. First round, I started out nervous, was 7 strokes over coming into the last hole. And to top off, I had the worse drive ever on the last hole, horrible approach (twice), and three putted taking a 7, and ending with +11 (par 56).
I bounced back in the second round, where I shot +2 (par 56) which was only one stroke over the hot round in our division, and third round I shot +5 which secured my third place. It was all I could do to keep from mentally falling apart or getting nervous that last round. It was a great learning experience though, and its obvious I need to practice my weak points: putting and forehand approaches.

Last edited:
Great! Shot a 64 at Squamanagonic in Rochester, NH. (a 58 is estimated to be a 1000 rated round by dgcr), and that was with two stupid easy missed putts on the first couple of holes.

I finally won my division at a PDGA tournament this past weekend. I placed 1st out of 18 at my local course in the Intermediate division. I've been playing this game for nearly 10 years and have been playing a handful of PDGA tournaments a year since 2010. It has taken me very long time to piece my game together in order to compete consistently. I consider the Intermediate divisions of most PDGA tourneys here in NC to be very competitive. I am so excited to compete next month in the Advanced division. Really feel good about my ability to challenge better players.

Lol, was the driver from quest the tbone?

hahaha (it wasnt travis). no it was the quest raging inferno or whatever. used to be white, now its used so much it looked like it was sitting at the bottom of the lake for 10 years. has the aerodynamic dimples on the bottom of the rim. he actually could tame it. really funny dude too. would easily throw with him again.

shot +6 on first round at bryant lake. played with some random dude out there. he actually threw a quest disc as his workhorse driver!!

then later met my buddy out there, and i shot even. it was raining the whole time for the second round

There's a guy around here who bags multiple quest molds.

Ugh. Went back to a course i've only played once as i wanted to get a few more rounds in before my first tourney there in ~10 days. Now last time i was there i felt like i played pretty well but i've gotten much better overall since then and figured i'd do much better today....or not. Ended up 2 worse and the same for my 2 rounds. Just gave up way too many shots on putts off the cage (5....3 for bird and 2 for par) and a few errant drives. Ugh.

So this goes to show - if your approach game & putting aren't great, it doesn't matter if you added 50' to your drives since you last played the course....oh well...back again tonight to try and redeem myself. I'd be happy to shave 2 strokes off but know I should be able to take 5 off which still is leaving me room for error.

Played a round this morning. I met up with an old schooler who tagged along for most of the front 9. I bogeyed 4 of the 5 holes I played with him, even though it's the easiest stretch of holes on the course. It was today that I realized how much I suck at playing with people I don't know. And I know why. It's because I'm trying to show them that I'm a decent player, so I end up making a lot of errors that I normally wouldn't make. It's all in my head.

He left after hole 9, and I started playing much better. Even though the back 9 is much tougher, I was throwing some sweet lines, and started enjoying my round again.

On hole 18, I figured had the par in bag, so I decided to fool around and try it FH. I hadn't thrown a disc FH in weeks. I ended up throwing into the ground 60 feet in front of me, and the disc rolled sideways and came BACK to me. My second shot was like 40 feet from the teepad. LOL. I actually just started cracking up and emptied my bag on the approach. I bogeyed it, of course.

Overall, today was pretty fun. I got to meet a cool new player, threw some incredible (for me) lines, and had a few laughs along the way.

got my jimmies rustled a bit. i was shooting a bogey free round untill towards the end and had a drive within 75. upshot hit a tree, rolled down the hill. come back putt hit the basket. took my 4. still finished at -2 but it was upsetting.

Was able to squeeze a round in between work and dark. I played with just a viper and a condor. Putting with the condor felt wonderful after dinking the first three birdy putts off the top band. Threw a couple great forehand rollers with the viper. Super fun two disc combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts