• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could play here but theres too much damn snow. Ive been putting in my basement for weeks to prevent my withdrawl

i only got to play 9 holes. i shanked a lot of my drives, but my approaches were money so i didn't really have to worry about anything. i like the ridge; i've got 3 firms in the bag and i don't care which one i use. got a softie on the way too. definitely a keeper. it will be harder to make longer putts; i can already see that. we will see how they break in; if they get floaty or if i will have to use the summit.

i hurt my ankle though - hole 7 at KP. as i hopped on top of and then over the side of a rather large fallen tree to get my disc, my ankle got caught sideways between some branches/roots. on the other side of the fallen tree was . . . nothing. i kept digging around with my hand and foot to find something to push myself back up and relieve the pressure on my ankle and i just kept digging myself deeper in the snow. probably 4-5 feet of snow where the base of the tree used to be, i never found the bottom. i had nothing to land on so i was kinda just hanging off the other side of the trunk flailing around, caught by my foot. it was funny but it hurt like HELL and so i eventually asked a guy in our group if he could help me before i really injured myself. i found a root to push off of before he got there, but man.

anyway. yeah, everything was hyzer today except my last two drives which i grip locked. the trees didn't bounce me in deep; i had clear shots when i shouldn't have. it was nice?

Yeah, so I played a round at lunch today. First time throwing some new discs I just got (Gstar Krait and a couple new SSS Wizards). Everything was going fine until I got to the 6th tee. Off in the distance I hear this guy yell over towards me, "Hey, is this your Monarch?" as he picks up some other guy's disc in play. The owner of the disc was walking over to it and yells over to the guy "that's mine" or something. The first guy then immediately throws the disc towards the owner as he's yelling "Noooooo....". Ok, the first guy is new or something, maybe he is just unaware of how disc golf is played with respect to etiquette and such. I might have bought that as a reasonable excuse. Nope, turns the guy's just an a**hole. So I'm driving on the 8th tee while the first guy is putting on the 7th hole which shares a fairway with #8, right? He was clear of the fairway so I took my shot which ended up fading a little early (still getting used to the new disc). It was nowhere near the guy as it flew, but apparently since he could see it in his peripherals he made a big point to throw his hands up and yell something incoherent as if I was the a**hole here. I said something like "sorry, man" even though I did nothing wrong. I just didn't want some moron trying to fight me over a freakin' frisbee, you know? So I finished #8, drove on #9 and started walking to my disc. About this time the guy is walking towards the #9 tee and says something to the effect of "I'm gonna wait for you to walk 20 steps and then I'm gonna throw" with a pissed off look on his face. I was like "o.... k." and just kept walking. He didn't, of course. He waited until I completed my upshots on both of my drives before he threw. I guess he wanted to scold me for his perception of my "improper etiquette" which is totally bizarre considering he picked up another guy's disc in play and threw it (into the top of a tree which it almost got stuck in, no less). Oye vey...

Got out for the first time this year. Times been hard to come by between school and work, and it's hard to get a nice evening to play (winters been significantly bad this year). Anyway, played a short little nine hole at Lincoln park twice. Snow made finding my disc difficult a couple times, although I only brought my bright orange buzzz, pink drone and wizard. Oh well, it was very nice to get out. Been couped up putting in the basement all winter. Fell three feet short on the "long" hole at the course. Don't know my score but every hole is usually birdiable! Cheers!

Wasn't going to play til the weekend but couldn't resist on my way home yesterday and finished 18 just before dark.

It was just me starting out and a group of 6 locals on hole 7 so I drove 3 times per hole, taking my first lie. My game improved as I went along and on hole 16, I was waiting for that same group to finish. They moved 50' to my left of the basket (to teepad 17) so they were watching me, being a bit worried about an errant throw fading into their area. Double mandy 100' out with a right sweep of about 60' and 350' deep. I parked 3' to the left, 4' to the right, and 5' in front of the basket. Long, high sweeping Dragon, big S-turning Archangel, and an Orc flick.

Would you believe not a single one of those guys said a word of congratulations to me? Anyway, finished 6 under which is better than I've scored at my home course for a couple of months.

There was a bag tag season starting tournament thingy. 37 people showed up, but they had only made up 25 because they thought no one would show up.

I got one, biggest surprise of the day :p

There was a 5 way tie for number 21, so we had a CTP throw off thingy. I got number 24, which I'm good with.

During the round, I didn't really play all that great. Lots of silly bogeys. I did park a longish hole (for me) with my Avenger, and a shorter hole with a Viper hyzer flip (the wind picked up)

But it was fun. And I got one.

Beautiful weather in SE Minnesota - almost above freezing, sunny, pretty calm - threw pretty well all things considered. The snow is packing itself down, and so you only go in up to your ankles as opposed to knees/hips.

Rewarded myself with a trip to the disc store for some new spring plastic. :)

Some stats prove I play easy courses for casual rounds: 58 deuces, 93 threes, 12 fours and 1 five in the last 164 holes (since last tourney). Now if I could only play that relaxed IN the tourneys! :doh:

Good enough to shoot what will likely be a 1020 rated round.
Bad enough to shoot what will likely be a 910 rated round.

At least I was putting well the entire time... but putting doesn't matter if you're hitting the first tree off the tee every single hole, 14 holes in a row.

Shot 59-64 in the Lebanon luge today. meh. I was trying out some new discs today so i wasn't expecting much with that and the muddy conditions. I hit too many trees second round. but all in all i did have fun and it was for charity.

funny, my driving was off too. big time. my putting was on except for the two tap-ins that i somehow missed. this practice basket is already starting to show its worth. i nailed a 60 footer, slight downhill death putt. felt so good.

overall i shot terribly though, haha. thankfully i held on to win our winter league advanced division overall, and the prize is a free ride to play in the majestic! woohoo!

I braved the wind, drizzle and remaining snow today to put my new Jade, Hatchet and PD Freak through their paces. Love the Freak into the wind and left to right cross breezes. Great glide and control with the Hatchet. Finally, IF there was NO wind, the Jade was great. BUT only if there was absolutely NO wind.
Any day throwing discs is better than staying home.
:thmbup:

I didn't play well today and I'm not sure why. Played a couple rounds at the course I can walk to. My average round is a 52 there and a good round breaks 50. Today was a 57 and a 54. Just could not hit the birdie holes. Only one bird the first round. Four birdies, four bogeys the second. Bogied one of the easiest holes both rounds. Took a 3-putt today for the first time in months.

But it was a beautiful sunny 66. Ground very soggy but it was fun to play. Hit a 70 footer for 2 and parked a few. DST tomorrow, so I guess the season's on.

I really don't like playing in the wind and today was no exception. Shot even par form the reds at KMDGC which is a little more than 2 over my avg. I missed at least two putts that I would normally make and a couple others that I might have made without the wind. So not too bad.

Good enough to shoot what will likely be a 1020 rated round.
Bad enough to shoot what will likely be a 910 rated round.

At least I was putting well the entire time... but putting doesn't matter if you're hitting the first tree off the tee every single hole, 14 holes in a row.
Do I know how to call it or what? 1023/913 split. :p Ugh.

3 rounds at the course I'll be playing my first tourney at. Let's just say, it wasn't pretty...but craptastic teepads didn't help anything. I'm VERY sick of throwing long drives off of completely iced over teepads.

I played kind of ok today, and more importantly, I had fun.

And I saw a bald eagle flying above. It was the first one I've seen in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts