• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suck at disc golf.

Threw my worst score since I first started playing. +18...I think. I stopped counting after a while.

I have a tourney coming up and I was trying to be a hero and get a birdie on every hole.

Needless to say, I'm not a hero. :|

Went out to play in the snow today. Not the greatest round ever, 5 strokes over my last round a few days before, but the blizzard warning and the winds that came with it didn't help me out very much...

Very windy but played a quick 9 with my son. Won by 8.. Drove pretty well with tailwinds and headwinds... Son kept getting nose up and it wasn't pretty....

Putting was solid. Driving was great when it was on point. Birdied the last 5 holes in a row at kaposia to fight down to -2. Second round was meh, more good putting, more bad driving. Excited to try the ghost again, was not impressed with the excel Ghost but I have a pinnacle on the way and maybe will snag an icon/gravity. Trying to roll a ghost/Comet setup.

Threw my worst score since I first started playing. +18...I think. I stopped counting after a while.

I have a tourney coming up and I was trying to be a hero and get a birdie on every hole.

Needless to say, I'm not a hero. :|

damm thats rough. were you ace running every hole or what?

yesterday i got through five holes at the local course until under the snow was a **** ton of water and my boots got soaked. i quit after that. went home got a new pair of kicks on and went out to my apartments small stupid course and practiced putting for a good 30 minutes. im seeing progress its nice. even if im not making all my shots at least there hitting the basket instead of air balling it

damm thats rough. were you ace running every hole or what?

I was trying way too hard. I got a double bogey on the easiest hole on the course. It was all in my mind. I need to just clear my thoughts and loosen up for the tourney. Otherwise it'll be embarrassing.

I was trying way too hard. I got a double bogey on the easiest hole on the course. It was all in my mind. I need to just clear my thoughts and loosen up for the tourney. Otherwise it'll be embarrassing.

haha the other day i got a bogey on our easiest hole on our course. hole 12 at land of memories if you wanna look it up (im at work and they dont have a address bar to copypasta from. its 210 feet. aced it over a handful of times. somehow f'd my drive up, terrible approach, short putt and shamefully took my 4. haha. i know what you mean. once something bad/embarrassing happens its hard to turn it around

how did you get the double boges?

how did you get the double boges?

My Tangent turned over a hair too much into an early tree...the kind of gnarly tree you never want to throw into. So I had to just punch it out really short for my second shot. My third shot was poorly executed so I had a long putt for 4...which I missed, of course.

like a bauss.

i still have some confusion but my bag is almost finished. the ghost/comet pair so wonderfully. the patriot is freakin' surgical in the woods and goes the distance too. the OLF straight up bombs. the wizard just goes in the basket. the comet is like a remote-controlled UFO.

couldn't have shot any better today.

B A N A N A S !!!

Bananas!!! Seriously!!! -12 at Shelton Springs DGC, from the Red/AM boxes.

I didn't miss a putt in the circle! And I took a birdie 3 on Hole 3 (ESDS -> 10x Cheetah -> 20ft putt WIz), which I've never done before.

I think I figured out what I've been doing wrong lately. I was leaning too far forward, trying to get extra power. The end result was me missing my lines, and turning things over. I slowed everything down, leaned back until release, and let the discs do what they're supposed to. Also, G* Destroyers and TeeBirds, OH MY!!!

I'm starting a new job on Monday. So, today I turned in my computer around 9:30 AM at my current job, drove home, hopped on my bike and rode to Zilker for a fast 18 holes before all the SXSW tourists are out and about.

The front nine is apparently closed for renovations (actually happy to see that, as the course is in bad shape currently). So, I played the back nine twice.

I feel like something may have "clicked" with my backhand throw today. I was getting serious snap on my throws. I could hear, feel and see it. I took just three discs (par 3 course): G* Teebird, Buzzz and Wizard. I overthrew several holes before I adjusted to the fact that I was actually throwing hard and straight with nice spin.

Of course, every throw wasn't perfect, and I didn't necessarily birdie and par every hole, as my putting still stinks. Still, it felt good to have nice consistent drives, if only for a day. Arm strength has never been my issue. My issue has always been my form and that nice clean *snap* on a drive. Felt good to have that.

Also, today was my first time throwing my G* Teebird, and I have to say I like it a lot, given how well I was throwing.

Actually my second round yesterday. (Stuck at work today).

Threw my best round ever. It was a great score, but my favorite part... NO BOGEY'S!!!

i threw terribly . . . but at the same time i didn't throw terribly. i threw exclusively DX for my drivers today, plastic i've never thrown, discs i've never thrown. i had some amazing shots i could never hope to accomplish with any other discs. i also had a lot of really bad ones.

I played in a little tourney on a temp course today in Mooresville IN. I shot 52-50= 102. i played and putted really well today. it was a fun time with friends and a beautiful weather day. I'm really hoping my game is coming into form in time for Bowling Green.

It was the season finale of chilly dog at Kaposia park. Bogey free but only minus three in the end. On the final hole (4) I parked it with only a ten footer to finish. Missed it...

It was the season finale of chilly dog at Kaposia park. Bogey free but only minus three in the end. On the final hole (4) I parked it with only a ten footer to finish. Missed it...

Man, I miss that course every day of my life. I used to play it 2 - 3 nights a week a couple of years ago.

Played OK today. Starting to really get the feel for driving putters. Never understood it before. I sure do now.

Also, played the Hatchet vs. G* Valk to see which I'd bag. They're both still in there. Both great discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts