• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bagged 2 new courses today and played two rounds on each. Played the hardest first and did quite well on a wooded technical course. Break for lunch to hit the easy course and I don't know what happened. I had a bad feeling on the first hole 200' wide open to the right and only a tree on the left sort of in the way. Managed to release early on both drives and clip the trees.... End up with two threes. :wall: that pretty much sinned up the second set of rounds...

played like crap and put a nice gouge in my teebird. I need to quit carrying Distance drivers if i ever plan on actually playing only fairways-putters....

I had a funny day today. I haven't played in years. And recently I started going again. I was so excited to play today. And on Hole 4 I'm sitting -1 and feeling good at my *new* home course Naval Hill DGC or as everyone calls it "Shelby Park".

Just when things couldn't get any better I got some tree hate and pinged my favorite First Run Pro Teebird into the thorns and it was gone forever. I was so pissed I left.... lol

I came back later and played the whole course. I was careful to stay the hell away from the trees. Finished +7 because I was so scared of going back into the trees. Meh.... I know it's just part of the game but looking through thorns for 30 minutes sucks the fun right out of the game.

I'm heading to doubles at Two Rivers right now. Hopefully things will go better this evening! :):):)

played very well at kaposia. took vids of most of my drives. realized my form sucks despite my distance. was pretty irksome. think it's because of muscle imbalance/poor posture and too much curve in my lower spine which created the posture problems in the first place. poor core strength and transverse abs/hip flexor issues, slumped shoulders. been trying to fix it since i was like 10, not only for athletics but also for aesthetics . .. but i think it's time to realize that it is what it is. meh.

+2 at Dela in mixed positions (mostly easy ones) through the first 19 holes. That is about Am1 level if I could ever find time to play a tournament. I was absolutely parking my Forehand flicks with my Volt this morning. Saved a ton of strokes getting out of trouble, and that got me a birdie on 12 as well. I also got some amazing tree love today. Totally yanked my drive on 11, but bounced off 2 trees to end up with a look at the basket and parked it with my Volt. Dela got me back on Hole 13 though.

Course I was playing solo on an empty course at 7am, so I'd probably be +12 with people watching ;) I'll start in Am-Rec or Am-2 anyway.

-2 from the shorts at the farm. Was -3 at one point but a double bogie killed that. Birdied #9 to bring it back to -2. Putted decent, drove OK parked a nice FH drive on #5. Got some field work in afterwards.

-1 at Seneca Creek, mostly from the shorts. Got a rare birdie on #6B with a 35' uphill putt after a 280' tunnel. Nearly "aced" #2AA twice – first with a Clutch BH anny, and then with a Truth FH. Discs landed on top of each other, and I'm still not sure how the Truth didn't hit anything. :doh:

Haven't played for a week so I was delighted to hit most of my lines and make a few circle's edge putts. Also delighted to find nice FH lines on a couple of the shorter "finish right" holes.

Reeeealy hoping to squeeze in a round between raindrops and chores this weekend. :D

Scrambled out to a tags match last night right after work and didn't have any time to warm up.

Hole 8, I lost my Tern on the front 9 in a river, which was my only real -2 2 driver.

Back 9, I decided to bomb my TeeBird in place of the Tern, which I flipped over down by that damn river. Luckily it was on land, so I set my bag down near the river edge and step down to get it.

Bag rolls right into the river, emptying all discs into the water.

The river was murky and moving fast and without thinking I leap in trying to grab the bag (full of water), and any discs I can see, which I watch immediately whisking away faster than I can keep up.

Throw the bag on shore, and I'm basically falling down in the river on un-seen rocks of varying size, desperately looking/feeling for discs.

I manage to grab 1 disc, the bag had a few left in it, then I see what looks like a disc... it's somebody else's. I find 3 discs stacked together pinned against a rock.

Lost a new tournament Roc3, favorite beat in Champ Destroyer, a few others, I think I lost an Anode and of course the Champ Tern from the previous river toss... and I had my phone in the bag, which somehow survived.

Soaked to the bone, finish the round... called the dude who's disc I found (he was at tags too).

Sitting in my car, wet and feeling bummed about losing some favorite plastic, I get a text from a guy who I'd met for about an hour at the play ground, while our kids played together. We were talking about ball-golf and long story short, he give me a set of Ping clubs... "There outside the house, come by and their yours."

So I lost a few discs and ended up with a really nice travel bag, golf bag, and a full set of clubs.

What a very strange night.

Played two rounds. Went + 3 first round then +1 the next. Starting to really learn bomb my backhands; and also learning to use tomahawks appropriately. Plus my putting is getting much more consistent, which is the best improvement there is. Might drive out to Highbridge today if I have time/energy after I paint my new living room.

Great day today. Both my wife and I had personal best rounds at Widefield. It was one of those days where everything seemed to go right, except for one missed putt from 22 feet out. Still quite happy with my score, and also got to show a huge group of active seniors around the course.

All in all, I give today an A Plus.

shot a -2 at calvary. then shot a +4 or something stupid like that at riverside.

just wanted to say my buzzzes were flying great through the woods today

Played really well overall, the score didn't show it however. A branch here, a tree there one bad putt an one OB! other than that, I was very pleased! Oh well, someday it may just all come together.

Course was really busy. Had to skip 4 holes because of criss-crossing herds. Game was thrown way off. Too hot, left early. Whatevs.

Played a round at Alexander Park with a friend who's new to the game, but really starting to catch the bug. Found an un-inked ESP Meteor in the middle of the fairway with the price tag still on it, which seems like an awesome beginner disc for my buddy. Was shooting -2 at the turn, and then it got too dark to finish out the round without losing plastic. Sort of an odd day, but fun all in all.

Status
Not open for further replies.