• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So where do you buy your gear?

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I usually buy from sunkingdiscs.com since I've had good luck with them and they usually send a copy of the latest issue of Disc Golf Magazine which is pretty cool. I've gotten the occasional disc on eBay as well.

There's a Minit Mart gas station near my house that has a large selection of Innova stuff. Also a sporting goods store called Dunham's in the mall in my town that sells Innova.

There are more places locally, but those are the ones I go to usually.

School's Bicycle Center in warrendale, PA. They are HUGE supporters of the Pittsburgh Disc Golf Scene and general nice people. I try to support the locals first.

if Scholl's doesnt have something I go to SkySouth (Jim Orum via ebay).... $5 shipping for as many discs as you want... also from MarshallStreet, those doods are pretty righteous.

There are several places where I'm at that sells discs, but I mainly get mine at Nat's Outdoor Sports. They have a massive selection of Innova and a moderate selection of Discraft. We have Dunhams in our mall but they seem to have only a small supply of Innova and not other brands and rarely any bags. Our town has 8 courses and near most of them are Minit Mart gas stations with fairly good selections of Innova Discs as well.

Joshs2000ss, it looks like you live in the same town I do. You should really check out Nat's if you haven't already. It's right behind steak-n-shake. There are employees that play and are happy to help you out. They got the new Destroyers in a couple of days ago and one of the workers gave up his hold so I could get one. Great guys.

Flye 'N' Dyes. A local store that sells disc golf stuff (any brand you want) and hippie clothing. It's pretty cool cause the owner knows what discs do what so if you need a good hyzer disc he'll point right to the one that would fit you best.

back in the states, if i ever had an opportunity to buy from the local course guy , i would.
almost every disc golf course has a local course guy and it is vital to both him and the game that
we support him. the local course guy is usually a wealth of info about leagues, best shot, disc selection, course info etc.

the only real drawback is that they usually only carry discs and not other merchandise. that's the only time i would ever consider going to an online retailer.

support the sport, support your local course guy first.

Couple of spots, Disc Golf Depot, best prices in PDX run by Jerry Miller for over 28 years, Next Adventure a local outdoor sport store, nice that they buy old stuff for store credit. Lately I've had good trading with http://discgolfcenter.com , good prices and free shipping. Last and not least, ebay. I'm always looking for tourney stamped Soft Magnets, ebay is the place. Peace

sunkingdiscs.com
I've been buying discs from Mike at Sunking for almost 4 years now.. Really Great guy.
Discgolfvalues.com
Best deals on X-outs and usually good deal on CFR discs.
gottagogottathrow.com
great deal on DX/D 5 packs... get any 5 production DX or D discs(swap any color/mold/weight) for only $26.25 also great place to get Ultrastar Mini x-outs (1.29 each :))

Soon to be my site for mini baskets :) more info on that later.

-Scott Lewis
South Jersey Disc Golf Concepts

Buying gear

For about the last 6 months I've been trading with DiscGolfCenter.com Great prices (I throw a lot of X and Z) and the shipping is free. If that weren't enough they have live inventory, which means you pick the color and weight of the molds you want, very cool. The guys are awesome and the more you buy the better your discount. I've got a selection of local retailers but their prices are no better than the center and I don't have to spend the gas money, the discs just fly right to my door. If you haven't tried these guys yet, and buy on line, you're probably spending more than you need to. Highly recommended. J

http://discgolfworld.com

A lot of guys just know Rick Rothstein as the guy behind Disc Golf World News, but Rick WAS the local guy selling discs at Albert-Oakland back when I first played the game. That was way back when-back when I was in college at Mizzou in the late 80's. I've bought from Disc Golf World ever since. John Chapman manages the store, he is a good guy and also an old Columbia disc golfer. He always does a great job of getting me what I want. If you want to support some guys who have been in the sport for the long haul, Disc Golf World is the place.

Good online vendors

I've been very pleased with
  • Disc Golf World
  • Gotta Go Gotta Throw
  • Discovering the World
  • The Wright Life

Online vendors comparison

A few years ago I did a comparison of most of the online vendors to see who had the best prices when you take shipping into account. You can find it in the Files section of my Yahoo Group DG Resources. http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/DGResources/ I haven't updated it in a while, though.

Latest posts